Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:00 am

Everland has become the target of an animal rights group recently, over the polar bear exhibit: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2017/07/371_233825.html

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tim2009 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:07 am

Everland just announced new theme for Halloween: Blood City

Theme Story:
In 2007, Virus infected Zombies took over city, putting whole city in chaos and panic.
Special Force has been dispatched to take control, but no one survived.
Korean Government immediately put Everland in quarantine, not allowing anyone from entering there.

It's been 10 years after the incident, and It's almost Halloween.
We've just received a distress signal moments ago in the quarantined area.
Mr. Hunter, who lost the wife (she was a doctor who worked about virus) 10 years ago, decided to make a investigation team to venture inside this Blood City. He put you on his team, and prepare to discover secrets and survive.

Attractions include:
1. Horror Amazon Express: Ride a river rapids ride full of zombies and deranged animals.
2. Horror T-Express: This is only way out. Hang on!!
3. Horror Safari: Investigation Team has just fled to Safari to avoid Zombies. Is this safari is safe enough??
4. Horror Maze: According to investigation team, this zombie virus was made by side effects of vaccine made by Dr.K.
5. Secret Mission: Investigation team stated that they are still hostages locked up in abandoned lab of Dr.K. Save the hostages, escape and tell the world how monster Dr.K. is. If you do, you will be rewarded with a trip to England.

These attractions are still being investigated. Update coming soon:
1. Horror VR: Expected to be Horror Maze VR.
2. Crazy Zombie Hunting: It could be a zombie stage show.
3. Zombie make-up: Zombie make-up returns this year. Get a scary zombie make-up and try to terrorize everyone in Everland!

Postby Garet » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 am

Hot on the heels of the last 5 VR attractions/upcharges comes Gyro VR:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tim2009 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 am

-For the first time, in August 30, one brilliant visitor managed to pass all three levels and managed to win a trip to England.

Remember that Secret Mission that I stated before?? It was paid attraction that you play to escape.

https://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1216325_10436.html

Secret Mission: Investigation team stated that they are still hostages locked up in abandoned lab of Dr.K. Save the hostages, escape and tell the world how monster Dr.K. is. If you do, you will be rewarded with a trip to England.

There are three levels you must pass and escape.
If you pass first level, you will be rewarded with Q-Pass (Ignoring Stand-by Waiting Line) for T-Express or Amazon Express. (I recommend T-Express).

Postby Garet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 am

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tim2009 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:41 am

Check out some videos from Blood City.
I visited Everland like 5-6 times for Halloween.
IMG_20170909_143334.jpg
Zombie Make up for this year

I enjoyed Horror T Express, Horror Safari (Costs Extra, limited), Horror Amazon Express, and Crazy Zombie Hunt.
For this year's Halloween, Everland used some hologram technology, provided by Panasonic.

1. Horror T Express

Watch hologram video of zombies trying to brake-in to T Express station.
This T Express train is only way out of Blood City.
Be careful of any zombies that could be waiting when you're exiting T Express.

2. Crazy Zombie Hunt (Performance)

Be sure to get your spot early as possible, or you will be forced to see from way behind.

3. Horror Amazon Express

We've got a news of strange creatures appearing in Amazon Express, with the news of some missing people.

4. Horror Safari (This attraction requires ticket with extra cost. It runs out quickly, so buy a ticket once you arrive at Everland.)

You're the one of survivors who fled to Safari, located to the east of Blood City.
You're riding a bus that will take you to the sanctuary.
Be careful that some zombies made into Safari.

20170714_163749.jpg
My Everland outfit for Halloween

I themed myself as a ZPD officer for this year's Halloween, again. (Safari is located in Zootopia section in Everland)

Postby Garet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 am

I know this is the time of the year when I usually upload a year's worth of photos in a huge 90 photo TR but honestly this year I didn't really take any. A couple of reasons but mainly 1) the park hasn't changed much in 7 years give or take the lost valley and panda animal exhibitions, nearly all the new rides have been re-skins or re-used buildings that were already there so most of my photos were just repeating and 2) both my trips I had my 17 month-year-old son with me who, now he can walk, has taken an interest in rides. And although a lot have no minimum height with an adult (I once saw a baby strapped to the parents on the rapids) we avoid anything too fast or that has a divide since he is still too young to grasp the concept of safety (no matter how many times he points at the dragon) so I end up spending most of my time on the children's rides that my wife can't stomach (aka the rotating airplane mini magic carpet style ride for hours) and don't want him bored for an hour while I'm in line for T express. Although from next year I might stop going on days with 50% discount and do a yearly trip with the fast pass package.

One minor quibble, the queue return tickets to stop line jumping seem mostly for show. We constantly saw while in the Safari World Reservation line ( the reservation area had a random 9:56am posted opening and ran out within 8 minutes instead of staggered fast pass they allocate a bus every hour or two to be just for queue pass people so be on time for that pass!) one person in the line, point to a group of up to 5 - grandparents, wife, and kids, be given a queue return to go park the stroller while those 5 jumped in and he would come back to join them.

I also don't have pictures of the closed ferris wheel VR since there was only a small information board and a small pathway next to the memorial sign I've posted in previous TR's.
01.JPG
We ended up here on one of the busiest days with my wife's family. Those are the ticket booths at the front with the entrance in the distance with the area so crowded the line into the park was running past them. Thankfully the ticket booth for foreigners was open. I always find it funny that foreigners get 50% discount over chuseok since the park used to be dead while Koreans went to pay respects to their ancestors and family but it can now be one of the busiest days of the year. For all the massive crowds I think the park did a really good job containing them with lines never going above 2 hours which isn't too bad when i've seen longer lines on some weekends.
02.JPG
The ride to replace Pororo 3D. Despite the sign, it isn't just this cartoon show they play. It rotates between 3 different kids cartoons, one an hour on rotation.
03.JPG
Like a lot of things in Everland, it's a ticketed reservation ride.
04.JPG
Since all my last TR was the boy panda while the girl was sleeping, here is the girl panda in the other half of the exhibit.
05.JPG
06.JPG
The red panda was also out today.
07.JPG
I mentioned in this thread that Everland was the target of some animal rights groups. There solution was to cover the exhibit and limit looking in through peep holes.
08.JPG
Looking through one of the holes.
09.JPG
Single rider has now been removed from all rides and their signs in Everland including T Express so plan accordingly. I've never found the lines too long on a sunday for the flat rides so if you plan your day right it shouldn't be too big a deal.
10.JPG
Rio 4D has left the, still strangely named, Space Tours simulator and has been replaced by happy family 4D.
11.JPG
GYro VR has been built into the existing Sky Cruise gondola station.
12.JPG
It's another ticketed reservation but this one is an upcharge.
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
And this one is set up between Hurricane and Championship Rodeo. It's also a ticketed reservation and also an upcharge.
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
Can you guess where I'm standing
24.JPG
Hint: abcd (was) EF (now) G (no longer going to be) H
25.JPG
26.JPG

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 am

여보! So I'm planning a very last minute trip to South Korea from December 28th to January 3rd. I'm thinking of going to Everland on that Friday, the 29th. This may be a stupid question, but will T-Express still be running at this time of the year? I know it's December but it doesn't say whether the ride is open or not on the website and that gives me some hope...
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Postby Garet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 am

^It does usually have a winter rehab but it was running today. According to the app, it was running today 10:30-6:30. It does normally go down for a winter rehab for a while which would be coming up soon but they normally advertise a little ahead of time on the site news and I see nothing so far. It is weather dependent on wind and cold but it's been up during most of this cold snap. It also helps your dates are when a lot of schools are off on vacation so the rehab is likely to begin sometime mid-January after the new year rush at this point. If the Korean site updates, i'll post here for you.

Also if you go before the 1st you can go 50% off if you go to the group ticket office, I know you aren't a resident but they are normally quite kind on foreign visitors and the discounts tend to turn out translated differently from the Korean, we always ask just in case when we've had guests from home and gone in. They put my wife through when she was with me even when she said she was a Korean: http://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1217280_10436.html

Alternatively, if your main concern is T Express and you don't care about a discount, by booking online you can get a free q pass for it or pump for the pricier 4 pass deal and skip the safari lines as well: http://everland.eticket.placem.co.kr/everland/product/input.html

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks so much for the quick and detailed response! :br
I just did a bit more research on the q-passes and I saw a website selling q passes for 10,000 won each. So if I can get the foreign resident discount ticket for 28,000 and 4 passes for 40,000 that should cost less than the special 4 pass deal! And according to the site selling the q-passes, it looks like T Express will be down for rehab starting January 1st!

Hope this is legit: https://www.funtastickorea.com/en/prod/everland-q-pass-fast-pass

By the way, of the Safari Tour, the Lost Valley, and the Panda World, which would you recommend most?
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!