TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I cracked and got the season pass...

Just can not beat upgrade to gold, parking, lunch/dinner/snack,one free picture, one free skip the line, an extra $50 in discounts and the unlimited refillable cup for only $153.05.

I literally laughed out loud when they customer service rep told me the awesome discount you get for being a 2017 season pass holder was a WHOLE dollar off!

But only because the BF and I are going to head to California so he can finally get to both SF parks and both CF parks out there. I love that I am turning him into an enthusiast slowly but surely lol. Also, the plan is to get back up The Great Escape since its been a long time since I have been there and its nice to go to a SF's park and not have that SF feel while you are there.

I also saw that Flash Pass was only $125 for the entire season. Not bad.... if you actually needed it in this park. Anyone else think if this takes off we'll eventually see a company wide Flash Pass option?

As for the drink option... Can I say how I LOVE that Cedar Fair is now doing a unlimited drink option without needing to carry the annoying cup around.

Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously,

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition.

Clearly you haven't been to Canada's Wonderland.

Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously,

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition.

Clearly you haven't been to Canada's Wonderland.

I can assure you that the one at Canada's Wonderland is better than the one currently at SFA. It's at least 300 feet longer.

SFA:

SFAlazyriver.JPG.9dab521e6fcbd8946cd4159761b5e95b.JPG

CW:

cwlazyriver.JPG.395b7e1bac62bc68a8ba122fce722974.JPG

Canada's Wonderland's is also longer then the one at Carowinds.

I am just glad something is finally being done about the lazy river. Length has nothing to do with if a lazy river is fun or not. Some prefer the ones where you just float around and others enjoy the ones with water effects.

With the hill the runs almost the entire length of the water park next to the parking lot I would love to see a Schlitterbahn type water chute ride added.

I think WW backwards is going to be awesome!!! I love to hate Sky Screamers. They are simple yet scary rides. I feel so unsafe in them with them having almost no wall and the chains being so small. Now that I have rode the two world's tallest ours is a piece of cake. Scariest one I have ridden is definitely at Pleasure Pier in Galveston.

I would love to see Wild One, Roar, Joker's Jinx, or Mind Eraser backwards.

Scariest one I have ridden is definitely at Pleasure Pier in Galveston.

This! Rides over the water trip my irrational fears in the most delicious way...doubly so when it's one of the few rides that I'm a tiny bit apprehensive of to begin with. Even though, if the unthinkable happened, they might well be a bit safer than rides over concrete if it's not a huge fall.

I like the idea of backwards SkyScreamers. My brain weirdly wants to convince me that this would be queasy-making, but luckily backwards rides don't bother me in real life.

Scariest one I have ridden is definitely at Pleasure Pier in Galveston.

This! Rides over the water trip my irrational fears in the most delicious way...doubly so when it's one of the few rides that I'm a tiny bit apprehensive of to begin with. Even though, if the unthinkable happened, they might well be a bit safer than rides over concrete if it's not a huge fall.

I like the idea of backwards SkyScreamers. My brain weirdly wants to convince me that this would be queasy-making, but luckily backwards rides don't bother me in real life.

Glad I am not the only one!

They're definitely a little unnerving, and I don't even have a fear of heights, though out of the three I've done SFNE's was the worst for the intimidation factor, but the ride itself was short. Spinning always bothers me on rides but not star flyers or windseekers. You should give it a try, you might like it and you won't know that until you get up the courage to just do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the park Saturday for the opening of Fright Fest. Only stayed until about 7 PM. Once the sun started going down it got crowded fast. Plus people were being real extra - running (knocking into people) and screaming making a scene just because the haunts were walking by them. I can not stand that.

We skipped all shows and haunted houses. They just are not that good.

The park looked good, I just feel like it was decorated more. Great Adventure always looks amazing. Wish we could look like that. Wonder Woman had a huge line all day so we skipped it. It looks amazing back there though - it really filled that hole well.

Batwing was down all day - it did do some testing though.

This was only my second visit this season and I was very surprised to see Superman running two trains all day. Even when there was less then a train wait most of the day. Usually, this had a much longer line.

Joker was running great. Still not as good as Poltergeist - I like that layout more.

We chose Roar as our first ride. It was running a little smoother. However, it broke down while we were in the break run and the employees failed to come tell us. After about 15 minutes they finally came and said it was down. This was of course after maintenance was already working on the ride.

Rode ME in the front. Dang, this thing has gotten really rough since last year. Also, why run only one train when it clearly had a line. There was an easy 15-20 minute wait most of the day and this was before the crowd came for the night activities.

Skipped WO. The line was too long (entire station was full) and it was only using one train but had both on the track when I was over there.

I LOVE RC. Is there a way for them to alter the cars to make them spin more or less? Last year our car barely spun and this year every car was whipping around the entire time it was released to spin. Also, this had about a 20-25 minute wait all day.

I still think they need two people working Rodeo or at least get someone who is going to hustle. The guy that was running the ride released the restraints in a weird formation. He released ours then went to a completely different arm to release more people and kept doing that until everyone was released. I've never seen them do that before. Also, I wish they would make the cycle a little more aggressive. I've been on some crazy dances who spin like crazy.

Hello all!

Newbie to the forum here. Have lurked but never posted. So here is the short of it. This is my home park. Haven't been in since about 1995 due to gaining a lot of weight. This summer I finally had enough and started to drop the weight. I have missed my roller coasters way to long. 30 pounds down now and me and the family have been to GrAdv twice this month. I choose that because many of their coasters are B & M and I've heard they are more fat friendly.

So far I haven't had a problem with fitting on any ride except Batman the ride. Lucky for me they had a test seat and I was able to check before I embarrassed myself.

OTSR's scare me because my chest is still measuring at 53 1/2 inches. So I try to stay away from them.

So I just went to SFA on Saturday night for FF. Had a fun time and was able to fit on some roller coasters like Roar, WO RC. I'm still to worried to try ones like ME and Apocalypse.

So here is my first question. Roar....I've read on here that its much smoother than before. Now I rode in the middle because of the lines, but woah, that has to be the roughest coaster I've ever ridden. That says a lot since I remember the days of riding ME before the cushions were installed. Is there a trick to this ride? Ride in the front or back My neck was hurting so bad after this ride lol

What happened to this park? All the workers look miserable. They are so slow and there is no enthusiasm. The smell of marijuana through the park was a bit over- whelming. At ME, the operator was actually texting on her phone. At one point she announced the floor was going down and the girl checking the restraints had to yell because she was only halfway through with checking everyone.

This park is so close to me, but it saddens me that my family refers to it as Ghetto Flags.

First off . . . welcome to the forum.

I can relate in that a. I avoided parks for a long time because of my weight issues and b. SFA is my home park as well

As for Roar . . . . I always aim for the very front or very back row. (at least, in my opinion) the middle rows do get a little bumpy.

Mind Eraser . . . . well, it's a Vekoma SLC so . . . yeah it can get bumpy as well (now if ME got new trains from Premier Rides . . . . )

Apocalypse . . . . front row

As for the overall park atmosphere . . . . well, I can't explain.

Hello all!

Newbie to the forum here. Have lurked but never posted. So here is the short of it. This is my home park. Haven't been in since about 1995 due to gaining a lot of weight. This summer I finally had enough and started to drop the weight. I have missed my roller coasters way to long. 30 pounds down now and me and the family have been to GrAdv twice this month. I choose that because many of their coasters are B & M and I've heard they are more fat friendly.

So far I haven't had a problem with fitting on any ride except Batman the ride. Lucky for me they had a test seat and I was able to check before I embarrassed myself.

OTSR's scare me because my chest is still measuring at 53 1/2 inches. So I try to stay away from them.

So I just went to SFA on Saturday night for FF. Had a fun time and was able to fit on some roller coasters like Roar, WO RC. I'm still to worried to try ones like ME and Apocalypse.

So here is my first question. Roar....I've read on here that its much smoother than before. Now I rode in the middle because of the lines, but woah, that has to be the roughest coaster I've ever ridden. That says a lot since I remember the days of riding ME before the cushions were installed. Is there a trick to this ride? Ride in the front or back My neck was hurting so bad after this ride lol

What happened to this park? All the workers look miserable. They are so slow and there is no enthusiasm. The smell of marijuana through the park was a bit over- whelming. At ME, the operator was actually texting on her phone. At one point she announced the floor was going down and the girl checking the restraints had to yell because she was only halfway through with checking everyone.

This park is so close to me, but it saddens me that my family refers to it as Ghetto Flags.

One look at this person's username, and what he wrote should be enough for a smart person to know that this is a :....TROLL

First off . . . welcome to the forum.

I can relate in that a. I avoided parks for a long time because of my weight issues and b. SFA is my home park as well

As for Roar . . . . I always aim for the very front or very back row. (at least, in my opinion) the middle rows do get a little bumpy.

Mind Eraser . . . . well, it's a Vekoma SLC so . . . yeah it can get bumpy as well (now if ME got new trains from Premier Rides . . . . )

Apocalypse . . . . front row

As for the overall park atmosphere . . . . well, I can't explain.

Thank ya Jason.

My family and I still enjoyed our experience, just wish there was a little more enthusiasm.

Next time I will try the front and the back of Roar.

Apocalypse will be saved until next year due to the chest, but I will keep in mind to get in the front. I remember years ago that ME had seat belt extensions for the bigger guest. Of course that was back when I didn't need it. I asked the girl if they still had them, but she said no. Its ok, just gives me something to keep working for.

Plus, I really want to get on WW but with my weight, I'm to scared lol.

We should be going back to SFGADV for their FF. The last 2 times we've went, I've stayed away from El Toro due to hearing how many people take the walk of shame. I will have to get up the courage to sit in the tester seat. I'm hoping since I fit on Roar and the WO, it won't be an issue. AND I still get to ride Bizzaro at least.

Hello all!

One look at this person's username, and what he wrote should be enough for a smart person to know that this is a :....TROLL

Yes, I know my username is a little out there, but not a troll. Also, I'm a she, not a he. Its just a nickname that stuck. Back when I was younger, my friends and I called each other "Hooker" in a funny, but loving way. It was Christmas time and I needed a username which is why 'TheXmasHooker' came into play. Not trying to troll at all. Just really excited to be able to get back to theme parks