TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you owned your own theme park

Lets see . . . My parks focus would be on family fun so it will have a little for everyone. The main things that will HAVE to be included is a RMC rendition of the crystal beach cyclone, several dark rides and only 1 3D lol. Several dry play areas for kids as well as kids attractions scatter throughout the park vs one concentrated area. Several seated, indoor eateries. A B&M launched flyer, A cool kiddie dark ride coaster that turns into shuttle similar to fire chase express.

Just to start lol . . .

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want my park to have a family atmosphere something along the lines of Knoebels and Canobie, but I would make sure that the park is populated with several enjoyable attractions. Some rides that I would be sure to have:

COASTERS

- GCI twister like Gold Striker

- Gravity Group "junior" out & back woodie like Wooden Warrior

- Premier SkyRocket2 or custom Sky Rocket

- Chance hyper GT-X

- Enclosed coaster similar to Space Mountain (custom with tight turns, drops)

- Roller skater or Tivoli family coaster

FLATS

- Larson/ARM drop tower

- Indoor scrambler with a light show

- Power Surge, Rock-o-Plane, or Zipper

- Chance Unicoaster

- Flying scooters (snappable of course)

- Huss breakdance

- Tilt-a-Whirl

- Zamperla tea cups (I find the Zamperla ones spin the most easily)

- Carousel with brass-ring (I'm an engineer & would make one myself if needed)

WATER RIDES

- Hopkins log flume through the woods

- River rapids ride

DARK RIDES

- Shooting dark ride

I would build a new park in Nashville.

About 120 Acres (I would go the Blackpool/ Kennywood/ Grona Lund route and build rides through rides)

18 Rides I'd Open With:

Coasters

1. Zierer Tivoli Large (Robin Hood)

2. Gerstlauer Euro Fighter with Lap Bars (Wabash Cannonball)

3. Gravity Group Wooden Warrior Clone (Twisted Timbers)

Family/Thrill Rides

4. Sellner Tilt A Whirl (Yellowwood Whirl)

5. Chance 50ft Carousel (Southern Belle Carousel)

6. IWERKS Motion Simulator (Tennessee Turbo Theater)

7. Zamperla Endeavor (Hot Chicken)

8. Zamperla Water Mania (Turtle Typhoon)

9. Chance Giant Wheel (Star Wheel)

10. Zamperla Wave Swinger (Music City Swings)

11. Larson Flying Scooters (Firefly)

12. Zamperla Log Flume like Paul Bunyan's at Mall Of America (Mountain Zoom Flume)

13. Zamperla Disk'O Coaster (Dizzy Devil)

14. Chance Electric Car Ride (Freeway 45)

Kids Rides

15. Zamperla Mini Drop Tower (Tomato Tower)

16. Zamperla Camp Bus (Lucky's Campground Bus Tours) (Lucky the Cat will be my Mascot)

17. Zamperla Speedway (Strawberry Speedway)

18. Zamperla Convoy (Cumberland Rivers Trucking Co.)

POP- Roughly $25 for an Adult and $15 for Kids. 5 Dollars Parking (10 Dollar Discounts after 5pm)

I would never have an Upcharge ride in the park. Arcades/Games are the farthest I will go

I would have Free Soda and Emphasize Season Passes ($70?) and Dining Passes ($60?)

• 1 year later...

My Park would be located in Delaware as there are currently no parks there.

Coasters:

Gravity Group woodie (Mine Blower)

Gerstlauer Infinity (Hangtime)

Zamperla Motocoaster

Zierer family coaster

Miler kiddie coaster

Flats:

Larson Flying Scooters

Star Flyer

Swinging Ship

Discovery

Splash Battle

Wet/Dry slide

Water Park:

Halfpipe

Vertical slide

Toilet bowl

Mat racer

Play Fort

Something I've thought about WAY too much, But here ya go:

If I could Re-Do Walt Disney World Here's what I would've done differently:

Put Alien Encounter in Hollywood Studios

Build Winnie The Pooh in the England section of EPCOT

++ Not Build Animal Kingdom

Put It's Tough To Be A Bug where Body Wars was

Put Dinosaur in Hollywood Studios

Add a Timon & Pumbaa Dark Ride to Hollywood Studios (Use some of the Killimanjaro Safari budget)(That + Festival of Lion King would create a Lion King Land)

Put Kali River Rapids in the Canada Section of EPCOT

Put Primeval Whirl and Triceratop Spin in Hollywood Studios but themed to Little Mermaid (Little Mermaid Land, Something for girls)

Put Expedition Everest in Japan (With a Different theme)

Put Avatarland in Hollywood Studios

Retheme Great Movie Ride into "Great Walt Disney Ride" with every Animated film Walt Disney had a Part in from Snow White to Jungle Book

Retheme Disney Quest to a Star Wars/Marvel building

Add a Disney Princess Indoor Mini Golf Course to Disney Springs

Add a Disney Character Wax Museum to Disney Springs

Never Updated Hall Of Presidents and replace it with a Hall of Disney Characters

Use the Mission Space Budget and build a Sinbad Attraction in Morocco in EPCOT

++ Keeping Horizons and Original Journey

My fictional park would be in Wisconsin of course (somewhere outside of Wisconsin Dells would work) and would be called Wisconsin's Great Escape and the roller coasters would be:

Badger: A Gravity Group family coaster (Roar-O-Saurus and Wooden Warrior come to mind)

Twisting Timbers: An RMC Topper Track (similar to Outlaw Run)

Puma: A B&M Invert (kind of like Great Bear and Patriot)

Cheese Cruiser: Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster

Wild Mouse: Mack or Maurer Wild Mouse

AirVenture: Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster

Patriot: Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

Ursa Major: B&M Hyper Coaster

Ursa Minor: Zierer Medium Tivoli

Harley-Davidson Adventure: Zamperla MotoCoaster

Boomerang: A Vekoma Boomerang, what would it be other than that?

Major Flat Rides would be:

Borealis: Zamperla Giant Discovery

Lambeau Loop: Larson Super Loop

Screaming Eagles: S&S Drop Towers

Wisconsin River Rapids: Intamin River Rapids

Paul Bunyan's Log Chute: Hopkins Log Flume

There's also a water park and is free with admission. It's called Great Lakes Water Park and has a Proslide Tornado, a MatRacer, and many other slides.

NOTE: The Park is in an alternate timeline where it's built up over the years and wouldn't open right away with this lineup. Mt. Olympus doesn't exist in this timeline, but this park is Mt. Olympus' replacement. This park is also in competition with Six Flags Great America, and the rivalry between them is fierce. Example: In this timeline, SFGAM builds Goliath as normal, but in 2015 WGA adds Twisted Timbers, which holds the record for most inversions on a wooden coaster with 4. Puma was also built as a response to Batman: The Ride. Ursa Major, however was built specifically with the intent of providing more airtime than Raging Bull. Think of it like Universal and Disney trying to one-up each other by building more impressive rides than the last.

If I opened a park, I would actually buy out Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It has massive potential with all the available land around it, however due to bad publicity with their treatment of whales and horrible upkeep, it's in need of a major overhaul.

First let's go with the rides aready on the property:

Ocean Odyssey- ??? a circular motion ride with multiple arms that lifts at random

Bumblebee- Scrambler

Orca Screamer- Mini Skyscreamer

Viking Adventure- DiscO Flat Ride

Tivoli Wheel- Mini Ferris Wheel

Lady Bug Coaster- kids coaster

Space Avenger- Don't know, but it's very similar to Ocean Odyssey

Sky Screamer- Triple Drop Tower

Dragon Mountain- Arrow custom coaster

Kandu's Twister- Teacups

Magic Experience- Troika

Skyhawk- Condor flat ride

Waveswinger- Swing of the Century

Flying Dragon- Magic Carpet

Hurricane Cove- Musik Express

Topple tower Ride- topple tower

Good bones, horribly managed.

Before anything else, I would take out all of the animal exhibits in the park and find aquatic shelters to live off of the rest of their lives. The King Waldorf Stadium would be converted into an ampetheatre for non-animal entertainment.

The area is very spaced out, and capable of hosting tens of thousands of guests every day. There would need to be major upgrades in the dining program, washroom facilities, a larger lost and found and most importantly a front entrance you can be proud of. Lots of stores, cafe's,arcade zone, sit down restaurants, a pub, etc.

Then I would put in a waterpark in replacement of the aquatic animals. (Obviously not all at once)

1 mile lazy river

kids splash stations

wavepool

Proslide drop pods and other slides

twist n' splash

Log Flume

The kids area has quite a bit of attractions already, but I'd include a:

massive treefort area

go karts

mini golf

and an interactive dark ride

bumper cars

swan lake

as far as flat rides

Zampeirla Air Racers

Chance Rides Double Swinging Inverter

S&S Screamin' Swing

Funtime Starflyer

Schwartzkoff Enterprise

Geurstlauer Giant Wheel

I want these rides to really fill out the skyline from downtown Niagara

This park is surrounded by a tonne of flat land, so it would be ideal to put in a transportation method, I personally prefer a train ride. Fells more rustic and intimate than gondolas or trams.

As far as coasters are concerned:

B&M inverted coaster

GCI custom woodie

Intamin strata-coaster

Skyline Attractions Skywarp

Zampierela Junior Twist Coaster

I know it's a lot and would never happen like I described, but it would be really cool to have a park that actually compete's with Canada's Wonderland. There have been rumours for a long time that a group of Chinese billionaires were looking into the 1200 acre park, so who knows what will happen.

I would theme my park to the trolly parks of yesteryear. The setting would be a large park-like setting with a train around the perimeter and all the rides in the center. The train would go through some dark ride elements. There would be a Merry-Go-Round at the center of the park. One of the signature rides would be a drop ride built inside of a tower. Picture the Tower of Jewels at Lakeside Park in Denver. It would include various light and sound affects and be themed as a haunted attraction. There would also be a modern wooden roller coaster, classically styled and painted white. That's all I have for now.

My park would probably fail due to lack of flats and probably no water park. If there was any theming in my park, at least some of it would not be family friendly. However I would want some unusual or unique attractions if possible along with coasters.

To keep it reasonable, the first thing would be a selection of land with valleys or large sloped areas for terrain coasters. The largest coaster would have a lot of track right on the ground, kind of like The Ultimate (

) but more modern and better designed. Another idea for the most intense ride for the cost would use small cars and smallish track, think a Jet Star turned giga (or Raptor style).

My ideas for launch coaster relate to how it can be used to change the ride pacing without interrupting the ride. My idea is to start at the top of a slope and build up speed through gravity for the first half of the time (not length) of the ride. The first turns would be unbanked, changing appropriately as speed builds. It would turn around at the bottom of the slope and launch back up the slope and then go part of the way back down for even more speed before using the last of its momentum to get back to the loading station. Along the later section there would be some elevated parts such as airtime hills and/or inversions, though the final turnaround before heading upslope would be as low and fast and big as possible.

An idea for dealing with low ride capacity is something I'm not sure how much I like all the implications of, but here goes: no lines, reservation system only, included with admission. Perhaps there could be an "underflow" line for slack days that closes as soon as the reservations are using all the seats -- depends on the system if that's even needed.

My fictional park would be in Wisconsin of course (somewhere outside of Wisconsin Dells would work) and would be called Wisconsin's Great Escape and the roller coasters would be:

Badger: A Gravity Group family coaster (Roar-O-Saurus and Wooden Warrior come to mind)

Twisting Timbers: An RMC Topper Track (similar to Outlaw Run)

Puma: A B&M Invert (kind of like Great Bear and Patriot)

Cheese Cruiser: Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster

Wild Mouse: Mack or Maurer Wild Mouse

AirVenture: Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster

Patriot: Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

Ursa Major: B&M Hyper Coaster

Ursa Minor: Zierer Medium Tivoli

Harley-Davidson Adventure: Zamperla MotoCoaster

Boomerang: A Vekoma Boomerang, what would it be other than that?

Major Flat Rides would be:

Borealis: Zamperla Giant Discovery

Lambeau Loop: Larson Super Loop

Screaming Eagles: S&S Drop Towers

Wisconsin River Rapids: Intamin River Rapids

Paul Bunyan's Log Chute: Hopkins Log Flume

There's also a water park and is free with admission. It's called Great Lakes Water Park and has a Proslide Tornado, a MatRacer, and many other slides.

NOTE: The Park is in an alternate timeline where it's built up over the years and wouldn't open right away with this lineup. Mt. Olympus doesn't exist in this timeline, but this park is Mt. Olympus' replacement. This park is also in competition with Six Flags Great America, and the rivalry between them is fierce. Example: In this timeline, SFGAM builds Goliath as normal, but in 2015 WGA adds Twisted Timbers, which holds the record for most inversions on a wooden coaster with 4. Puma was also built as a response to Batman: The Ride. Ursa Major, however was built specifically with the intent of providing more airtime than Raging Bull. Think of it like Universal and Disney trying to one-up each other by building more impressive rides than the last.

How about instead of Wild Mouse, Madison Mouse?

Seems like most new Parks sign multi ride deals with Zamperla. I would sign one with Chance. We would start small with a Chance Ferris Wheel, freesyle, revolution, aviator, train, big dipper and GTX lighting run clone. Some small kiddie rides, an Intamin rapids ride and a small proslide waterpark with around 4 or 5 body slides and 4 or 5 tube slides, a family raft slide and a lazy river with wave pool.

All I can say is Jasonland would be 420 friendly. It is going to have 50 benches, a Tilt-O-Whirl, Scrambler and Pirate Ship. I think I can make this work if land wasn't so expensive in SoCal. Texas or Florida would just lock me up and throw away the key so I will not be going there.

I would buy the Houston Astrodome and rebuild Astroworld in it. It would be better than the original since it would be air conditioned. I would have theming and customer service on par with Disney and have a free fast pass system like Disney. The ride selection would be well balanced between thrills and family. I would probably also throw in Dueling Dragons in it with it dueling again. One can only dream.

I would buy the Houston Astrodome and rebuild Astroworld in it. It would be better than the original since it would be air conditioned. I would have theming and customer service on par with Disney and have a free fast pass system like Disney. The ride selection would be well balanced between thrills and family. I would probably also throw in Dueling Dragons in it with it dueling again. One can only dream.

Nice thought process . . . . year round experience for sure.

Anyhow, I'd name my park . . . Maryland's Adventure with of course rides themed around Maryland . . . (such as a haunted dark ride called Goatman's Revenge after the mythical Goatman of Prince George's County)

Good luck with 9.5 acres.

I don't know much about my little park, but I know for sure that it would start off with an Intamin 1st gen free fall tower, an S&S Screamin' Swing, a carousel, a tilt-a-whirl, a Chance Chaos ride, a few various kiddie rides, and if budget allowed, a nice mid-sized Intamin Impulse Coaster.

Here is what my park would be (all built out!)

Roller Coasters

Dueling B&M inverts (similar to Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge, but slightly taller/larger)

RMC Topper Track (a cross of Outlaw Run and Lightning Rod; it would start more like Outlaw Run and end more like Lightning Rod)

GCI wooden coaster (similar to Mystic Timbers)

Arrow hypercoaster

B&M floorless

Intamin giga

A launch coaster of some kind (maybe a Premier spaghetti bowl coaster?)

Arrow mine train

Schwarzkopf Jumbo Jet

Schwarzkopf Looping Star

At least two kiddie/family coasters

Thrilling Flats

Huss Frisbee

S&S Quad Tower (like Power Tower)

A log flume

A river rapids ride

Larson Super Loop (and no, it won't be advertised as a coaster)

A shoot the chutes ride

Other

There would also be a water park and maybe a hotel attached to the park

I should elaborate on what I said earlier . . .

In keeping with a Maryland theme (I'll add more later) . . . .

Racing GCI Woodie . . . Beltway duel: Baltimore vs. DC (of course, the DC trains would be signed "Taxation without Representation" )

B&M Hypercoaster . . . . Maryland Monster Mile (track length . . . . 5,280 feet exactly. trains of course in Maryland flag colors of red/white/black/gold)

Chesapeake Corkscrew . . . . Vekoma Mega Looper with 6 inversions (2 corkscrews [1 clockwise, 1 counter-clockwise], 1 cobra roll, 2 vertical loops, 1 zero g roll)

Pimlico Express . . . . Vekoma Family Launch coaster . . . obviously with the cars being horses.

I would open up "The Intamin Adventure"

Intamin giga mostly low to the ground (similar to I305)

Intamin accelerator around 200+ft top hat with inversions and insane transitions (like Storm Runner)

Intamin blitz 100 ft with 3+ launches and multiple inversions - mix of Maverick/Cheetah Hunt, completely low to the ground

Intamin megalite (off the shelf, no modifications)

Intamin prefab woodie 240 feet tall, with a few giant camelbacks, remainder low to the ground

Intamin hyper (similar to Skyrush/Flying Aces, winged trains and all)

Intamin impulse with straight back spike w/ working holding brake

Intamin themed indoor family coaster. aka Skull Mountain with a better layout and an insane budget for themeing

Intamin Aquatrax

Intamin 350 ft drop tower

Intamin inverted family coaster

To round out the park

B&M invert 200 ft tall, 7 inversions, built into the terrain

RMC Iron horse built from ground up. 200ft 1st drop. Mostly airtime hills, a few barrel rolls for good measure

S&S Screamin Swing

KMG Fireball (with lapbars only)

300 ft Starflyer

A flume - I don't know, who makes flumes anymore? I suppose it could be Intamin, yes?