TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

To those of you getting rid of your season passes, think about it like this.

•We are actually getting something while Dorney and MIA will actually get nothing at all.

Dorney is gettin a nice new restaurant in Wildwater Kingdom...lol

-La Ronde got a pretty decent sized expansion that looks to include one of the Tourbillon rides like Over Texas and Great Adventure

Their Tourbillon is a scrambler...

SFA will probably get some type of restaraunt as well.

When I posted that the info was not clear as to what Tourbillon was going to be.

Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously,

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition.

Almost all lazy rivers I have ridden use steps. Schlitterbahn NB, Dorney, KD, etc.

Does Six Flags announce their new restaurants in advance?

Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously,

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition.

Almost all lazy rivers I have ridden use steps. Schlitterbahn NB, Dorney, KD, etc.

Can't say I remember KD's entry steps being as narrow as SFA's.

Does Six Flags announce their new restaurants in advance?

Kickin Tsunami Chicken and Apocalypse tacos weren't announced in advance. The survey makers were most likely for something along the lines of a Restaurant or Bathroom.

Good. Draw more people into the water park, I don't go in there. I can wait until next year for dry park addition.

Renew my pass? No brainer. They're still coasters in my backyard and I'll get up to Great Adventure at least once and the temptation of the other SF parks is always there once the pass is in hand.

Give me the new trains on Mind Eraser and I'm good. Put the Mexican place on the meal plan and I am happy. They are pouring piers in the arena which should mean that they plan on actually using it for something even if it's competitions of some kind. There are those markers that were discussed which should be minor tweaks to the park. That would have made for a better teaser video: The Grim Reaper getting off ME not holding his head, eating a burrito, watching a cheerleading competition, and standing under a shade structure.

Hahaha I was looking forward to watching this thread crash and burn. Better luck next year guys!

And Donald Trump said he was going to make Mexico pay for the wall.

Currently, H.H. is most consistently getting people through the gates at SFA and considering (as previously mentioned) how pathetic their current lazy river is, this upgrade is actually a great idea and makes me want to make the effort to hit up the water park in 2018.

Exactly. I am sure that they knew that going in...and after watching the video that Bill linked, it definitely looks like the shittiest lazy river that I have ever seen.

Personally, I love these types of lazy rivers. If I had one bitch, it would be that there is no float-up tiki bar where you could order a beer or drink while you lazily float around and just let all the cares in the world slip away.

There must be something in the air in Virginia and Maryland that makes the coaster lovers slightly crazy.

Have you visited the train wreck that is the Darien Lake thread?

Edited by Philrad71

Good. Draw more people into the water park, I don't go in there. I can wait until next year for dry park addition.

Renew my pass? No brainer. They're still coasters in my backyard and I'll get up to Great Adventure at least once and the temptation of the other SF parks is always there once the pass is in hand.

Give me the new trains on Mind Eraser and I'm good. Put the Mexican place on the meal plan and I am happy. They are pouring piers in the arena which should mean that they plan on actually using it for something even if it's competitions of some kind. There are those markers that were discussed which should be minor tweaks to the park. That would have made for a better teaser video: The Grim Reaper getting off ME not holding his head, eating a burrito, watching a cheerleading competition, and standing under a shade structure.

Throw some flyers in there for Roar and you'll have the best addition to the park in the past few years.

Sorry for the double post but man would I hate to be SFA right now. They just recently posted the ride to Instagram and there isn't a single positive comment about the addition.

People got too hyped up with the teasers. Just like great trailers for a movie, then let down once you plop down the cash.

People will like it once it's here.

Sorry for the double post but man would I hate to be SFA right now. They just recently posted the ride to Instagram and there isn't a single positive comment about the addition.

That's because people are stupid.

And what does the addition posted on Instagram have to do with not wanting to be at the park right now? Are people currently rioting at the park because they're getting a lazy river?

You know what would really fire them up? To find out that the Free Fly that went to GAdv was bought for SFA. The park president didn't want it for some reason (common, etc).

You know what would really fire them up? To find out that the Free Fly that went to GAdv was bought for SFA. The park president didn't want it for some reason (common, etc).

I'm getting kinda tired of the park president. This wouldn't be the first time SFA didn't get a ride that was bought for them. I can't help but think something like that happened this year.

I think I may have said something to this effect before in years past, but I truly believe that SFA will get a new coaster (meaning brand-new, not a hand-me-down from some other park in the chain) when at least one of three things occur:

#1 - Amelia Earhart's plane is found

#2 Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

#3 you know where freezes over

Thing is, sadly for us coaster fans, the water park is SFA's bread and butter (even though it is only open for three months out of the year) and I truly question whether the dry side would even survive without it. Kind of like a restaurant that serves mediocre food but has a very busy, popular bar - take the bar away and the place goes under. Such a restaurant would be much more inclined to spend money renovating and improving the bar area than the rest of the place because that is what pays most of the bills. Same thing with SFA I believe. They have little incentive to do much for the dry side when it is the water park that is most popular with the average guest.

To those of you getting rid of your season passes

Nobody's getting rid of their season passes.

The poster above you and one other person literally just said they were.

I laughed way to hard at that conversation.

Waking up to the worst news ever .

If this is your "Worst news ever", you have lived a VERY blessed life! Consider yourself EXTREMELY fortunate!

To those of you getting rid of your season passes

Nobody's getting rid of their season passes.

Exactly! Give me a break!

I can't believe how many people ran with that nonsense, and actually thought he WOULD! I was just like... Seriously people???

There must be something in the air in Virginia and Maryland that makes the coaster lovers slightly crazy.

Have you visited the train wreck that is the Darien Lake thread?

Ugh! No kidding! That's the one thread I avoid like the plague on this site! I made the mistake of dipping my toes back in there recently and... NOPE!!!

Waking up to the worst news ever .

I'm so jealous that you don't remember November 9, 2016.

Because that day drastically effected your life so much. You still live in a free country where you post in a themepark forum every day.

As for SFA, I think they are moving the way of Dorney park in a sense that there is no need to pay attention to the dry side as much when the waterpark is the main draw.