TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Coaster community! Finally landed here on the forum. Read the TPR forum for a couple of years now so why not joining more actively.

So I'm a father of 39 now, travling Europe in search for new rollercoasters and reunite with the all ready done ones.

Dragging my son and girlfriend with me from theme park to themepark. (Can you just imagin the horror for the 7 year old boy)

As a family we are full members of the Coaster Heroes group where we traveling trough Europe as a group of close coaster friends or join the

events of the ECC. My local base park is Efteling but now the kid has reached the 1.30 on the metric scale more and more options become open.

Anyway; beside of coastering and themeparking I like to play keyboards, build with RCT3 and Planet Coaster and work fulltime in the harbour of

Rotterdam. Most of the time you will see me posting in the Games section for PC creations or posting photo/video reviews from the parks visited.

To get an idea who I am and making part of, here a nice compilation of our adventures last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello TPR community.

I am a coaster enthusiast from San Antonio. I moved here in March 2017, from central Florida, so I've grown up in an environment full of theme parks. Currently, I am an employee at Seaworld San Antonio, where I work as a janitor.

I'm very involved in the Open Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 community. More specifically, I am a part of the New Element Designs community which focuses on detailed realism building in RCT2.

I'm also a fan of K'NEX roller coasters. I must have over 12,000 pieces by now. For those interested, I build roller coasters in the VV style track.

Here's my coaster count, if anyone's curious: http://coaster-count.com/user/6862/ridden

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. I'm Hālian, a 23-year-old college sophomore from Deltona, FL. I've lived in Florida for 17 years now, and have loved theme parks ever since moving down here. I occasionally dabble in RCT2 and Parkitect, but my favorite video game of all time would probably be the 1999 cult classic role-playing shooter System Shock 2. Seriously, it's $10 on Steam or GOG, you should play it if you haven't already.

Uh… what else to add? I also like worldbuilding, and the other stuff I put in my profile too, and my favorite amusement park ride is probably Mission: SPACE.

Hi! 26th of October 2017 is the day when this swedish rollercoaster fan introduces himself on this forum.

I am a huge fan of rollercoaster games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Planet Coaster and NoLimits 2. I've currently only been to Gröna Lund and Liseberg but I wish to go to Cedar Point in the near future.

My top 3 favorite coasters of those I've been on is:

1. Balder (Liseberg)

2. Insane (Gröna Lund)

3. Jetline (Gröna Lund)

Apart from rollercoasters I'm also a super fan of the japanese TV show "SASUKE", which is a tough obstacle course with 4 different stages.

• 1 month later...

Hi, peoples! I'm Vonnie. I've only ever been to three major theme parks in my life so far (Cedar Point, Universal Florida, and the defunct Six Flags Worlds of Adventure), but I want to visit sooo many more. For now, I am living my life as a ride operator at America's Rockin Roller Coast until I can figure out exactly what I want to do with my life. I was an elementary education major for 4.5 years- it took me until right before student teaching to go "crap, I don't want to do this with my life!" So... til I find out what I want to do, I'm just spending my time working.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello TPR, I'm Jacob!

After watching TPR's videos for years, being an enthusiast for months, browsing the TPR forums for weeks and having a registered account I didn't post with for hours, I'm finally actually writing a post for this forum

I've loved roller coasters for years, and I've been a ridiculous coaster nut ever since I fell down the hole that is coaster enthusiasm this past summer. My homepark is six flags America, though I've been to hershypark more times in my life than SFA. My favorite coaster that I've ridden is El Toro, though I was only able to ride it twice . While I have over 50 credits, most were from before I was an enthusiast, so I have a lot of parks I need to get to!

While not obsessing over roller coasters, I enjoy watching YouTube, listening to eurobeat, and composing and arranging music. I'm excited to see what TPR has to offer, and I look forward to my time spent here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello TPR.

I'm a 16 year-old student who lives in Montréal. My mother language is French. And yes... My home park is La Ronde. ;) I'm a fairly new enthusiast. As of now, I've been to Canada's Wonderland, of course La Ronde, Marineland, Six Flags New England and Six Flags Great Adventure.

In 2018, I'm planning a trip to SFGAD, Hersheypark, Knoebels and Kings Dominion. I'm really excited about it since it will be my first major enthusiast trip!

I hope I can meet nice people who have the same passion as me here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop in to say Hi!

ScarcePowerfulAiredale-size_restricted.gif

I'm a 30 year old Realtor! And as most people here I love traveling the world visiting various Theme Parks, and enjoying life!

And my idea of the perfect date would be April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have returned to this forum after leaving in 2013 due to my enthusiasm for rollercoasters slightly diminishing back then.

While getting bored and watching a bunch of videos, i feel like it's only just coming back to me, i kind of expect myself to be on slightly more on this forum, so please expect more posts from me!

-GameShibe

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Even though I've been on TPR for a day (and have been WAY too active tbh...), I'll introduce myself now.

I'm Asher, coming from Buffalo, NY. I've been a die hard coaster enthusiast for a while now, and have known TPR for so long, only recently joining forums (and realizing what I've been missing out on). Other than my coaster thirst? addiction? Idk what to call it, I LOVE LOVE theater and singing. I have been in musicals and plays, and haven't been in a chorus or choir for a while, but I still love to sing on my own terms (and obviously in musicals). I'm obsessed with pop music and some rap.

So yea, I resisted the urge to put a vine for my introduction and actually introduced myself, hooray.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

My name is Thomas. I live in New Jersey right now, so I visit Six Flags Great America often. I'm a long time viewer and visitor of TPR, however, this is my first post. I'm a huge fan!

I do have a question. I looked around in my profile but couldn't find the answer. Is there a way for me to change my user name? I have a couple of parks that I'm thinking I might like to upload, if I can figure out how to do it.

--Thomas!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow coaster lovers,

Sorry I'm late in introducing myself. My filename is Gatekeeper since it's my favorite coaster of all. My real name is Paul.

I'm retired from the Air Force and now work security at a pharmaceutical plant near Sacramento, CA. My wife (Lali) is a RN at Kaiser Hospital. She's been on one roller coaster (Medusa at Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, CA/home park) her whole life, when we were dating. She hated it and thought she was going to die, but she lets me enjoy my favorite hobby - riding the tallest and fastest coasters that i'm able to go on.

I'm fortunate to live in Northern California where the closest park (6 Flags Discovery Kingdom is just 45 minutes away with two other parks within a few hours drive (Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Great America). Further South (7 hours away) is 6 Flags Magic Mountain.

My second favorite hobby is travelling. I've been blessed to have been able to go to a lot of cool places. My first Air Force base was in England/UK and got to travel all over Europe during the early 80's, including Alton Towers Amusement Park. This past September, Lali and I went to Europe - 3 days in London, one in Paris, 3 days in Italy and 3 days in Vienna. One of the days in London, I went to Thorpe Park (cool) - of course by myself.

As far as I know, I have three coaster records that I'm very proud of accomplishing! The first one was (now torn down) Tidal Wave (non-water) at Great America in 1980. I rode it 115 times without getting off (2 1/2 hours straight). The next record was on Medusa at 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom in 2006. It was a quiet Monday and I broke the record of the young kid (18 years old) operating the ride (36 times in a row). I did 40 which took about 3 1/2 hours. The last record was at 6 flags Magic Mountain in 2014. Another quiet Monday and I rode Superman 40 times in a row at the age of 53. I'm now a young-at-heart 57 years-young!

A cool side business I have is buying rare VHS/DVD movies at Thrift stores/Record stores really cheap and then selling them for an awesome profit on Amazon. My best sale: Purchased a VHS movie (Pipedreams - 1970's) for 25 cents and resold for $65 (Wow)! Another hobby I love is Mystery Science Theater 3000/Rifftrax movies and shorts. I enjoy watching bad movies, especially when they are humorously riffed. My favorite is Angel's Revenge - a Charlie's Angels rip-off from the late 70's!

I'll be going back to Discovery Kingdom in a few weeks and am excited to get back on the Wonder Woman ride, it's awesome! Medusa is also still very fun and exciting, even after all these years. I've been riding it since it opened in 2000 and estimate that I have ridden it close to 900 times. I never get tired of experiencing this cool ride, especially in the front row with my hands up high!

Take Care, Paul

Hay Guys,

I guess I should of been here a long time before now. Anyway hay everyone, My name is Jay and I am 1 half of T42Tube on youtube, a little known, barely heard of channel. We vlog mainly Themepark and Disney related stuff so you may be interested, you may not ha ha ha. Anyway, really just wanted to say hello and if you feel like checking out our channel then please follow the link below.

(Robb if that''s not ok then message me on twitter please)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQwLZQKJlP53RjFNNN0MLYA

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm Vitor, I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil and I'm almost graduating in Mechanical Engineering.

I've known TPR for a long time (I also registered long time ago), and I always followed TPR on YouTube, Instagram, this forum... but only now I'm presenting myself.

My home park is Hopi Hari, a place that still seems to be a little bit "obscure" for most people here. This park is also home for one of the most insane RCCA woodies ever: Montezum (this one in my profile picture).

To this day, I only had the opportunity of visiting two parks abroad: Canada's Wonderland and Galaxyland, in Edmonton, but I hope I can visit more parks soon.

• 2 weeks later...