TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

NEW in 2018: Bigger, better and wetter Wahoo River

UPPER MARLBORO, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags America, The Nation’s Capital of Thrills, today announced that it will debut Wahoo River, an all-new action-packed river adventure, in its water park for the 2018 season.

“Six Flags is recognized for its unparalleled collection of the most innovative rides and attractions in the industry. Wahoo River boasts a myriad of unique water features and will be the new centerpiece of our water park,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “Every year we add new attractions, like this season’s Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth ride. With the new Wahoo River, our guests will have yet another amazing experience they can enjoy together as a family and one more great reason to visit Six Flags America.”

The park’s existing Castaway Creek will be completely removed and replaced with the Bigger, Better and Wetter Wahoo River. Park guests will be thrilled with major enhancements such as a faster current, immersive rockwork theming, huge waterfalls, and tons of interactive, splashing thrills around every turn.

Wahoo River will be 33% wider and over 40% longer than Castaway Creek. The new attraction will include significant upgrades such as a zero depth entry that will make it convenient for guests of all ages to slip into the cool water with inflatable tubes. Friends and family members will have a blast as they float along the river, encountering wall sprayers, aqua archways, tippy water cones and a new wave generator. The journey continues under graceful water arches spanning the entire width of the river—as guests find even more surprises behind the rock waterfall, through the leaky pipes and under the leaky bridge waterworks.

Wahoo River highlights include:

- Up to 18 feet wide; 33% wider and 40% longer;

- Seven different water action zones with sprays, geysers, waves, waterfalls, leaky pipes, aqua arches and bucket dumps;

- A wave generator that pulses waves every few seconds propelling guests down the water channel;

- Colorful buckets dropping gallons of refreshing water from above; and

- Nearly 2,500 feet of new deck space with hundreds of deck chairs.

In 2018, Six Flags America debuts the all-new Wahoo River! Wahoo River will be the new centerpiece of Hurricane Harbor Water Park, with a faster current and an endless array of watery surprises.

america_image1.jpg.4d4db7b4194f3a283623b0ebce668258.jpg

All-new themed adventure river

The all-new Wahoo River will immerse you in splash-filled fun and exciting watery surprises around every bend. It will quickly become a family favorite place to play!

america_image2.jpg.a622ea80b469d9240ca711a07f1101fd.jpg

Seven different water action zones

Water arches, sprays, geysers, surging waves, waterfalls, leaky pipes and dumping buckets will offer thrilling watery fun.

Edited by robbalvey

Considering the current lazy river appears to be the smallest/shortest I've seen in a park this size, it looks like a great addition with all the added features. I'm sure it will help with capacity come next summer.

Considering the current lazy river appears to be the smallest/shortest I've seen in a park this size, it looks like a great addition with all the added features. I'm sure it will help with capacity come next summer.

The GP won't even know the difference.

Does any other Six Flags have one of these interactive rivers?

I think if they did no teasing I wouldn't be disappointed. This is probably the worst addition since 2011 lol. They could've at least included a slide or flat ride with it. Looks like I'll be spending most of my time at KD next season.

Waking up to the worst news ever . I seriously expected something a little exciting, even if not RMC Roar, like wtf? With the initial rumors that we would be receiving V2, to rumors of RMC Roar, this was one of the biggest let downs ever. Don't get me wrong, this is a needed upgrade and it's good to see Six Flags renovate the water park tremendously in the last few years. I just feel like this was such a huge let down.

That being said, I have a prediction that the other grim reaper stops might be teasers pointing to other future additions at SFA. And since Roar was one of them, maybe we will see it RMC'd in the future.

I'm starting to warm up to this now. It's possible that they could completely update the leisure pool area by replacing the old slide with new ones. Based off of my experience with the fast lazy river at Volcano Bay, this should be fun if Six Flags isn't cheap about it.

I'm starting to warm up to this now. It's possible that they could completely update the leisure pool area by replacing the old slide with new ones. Based off of my experience with the fast lazy river at Volcano Bay, this should be fun if Six Flags isn't cheap about it.

I wouldn't expect anywhere close to the speed/intensity of Fearless River at Volcano Bay and with regards to the activity pool, there's a decent chance that the added length of the river plus the new deck space for lounging could all take over the area currently occupied by the activity pool.

Once again, SFA gets an addition to the water park when it really needs a new coaster or Roar to be RMC'd. Can't say I am totally surprised! SFA really is the red headed step child of Six Flags. I have already decided I will not be renewing my SF membership for 2018 (unless they offer me a hell of a deal when I call to cancel later today) and honestly see no reason to visit SFA for the foreseeable future!

Once again, SFA gets an addition to the water park when it really needs a new coaster or Roar to be RMC'd. Can't say I am totally surprised! SFA really is the red headed step child of Six Flags. I have already decided I will not be renewing my SF membership for 2018 (unless they offer me a hell of a deal when I call to cancel later today) and honestly see no reason to visit SFA for the foreseeable future!

It's like 50 bucks for a season pass, that's like the cost of 2 real imax movies near me lol sometimes you have to keep your expectations at a realistic level.

Somewhat relieved Roar isn't getting RMC'd just after they put in the effort and got it running really well this year.

With this addition to the water park, it looks like Hurricane Harbor here is pulling ahead of Soak City at Kings Dominion.

im canceling mine too. This would be a fine addition if it included something else with it, like a Gotham city retheme. But I'll buy a season pass once a new coaster gets added. You eventually get tired of riding the same rides for 2 hours and then nothing else to do, very tedious.

To those of you getting rid of your season passes, think about it like this.

•We are actually getting something while Dorney and MIA will actually get nothing at all.

•We'll probably get a new restaraunt as they seem to add one every year.

•It will be something to do when they close the Wave Pool for 30 minutes.

•We missed out on the 4D clone.

•It shows that Six Flags wants to put creative and innovative stuff into the park. No other Six Flags parks has one of these so it's something unique to our park.