TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's crazy that people are really complaining about Six Flags because the memberships are cheap.

Give yourself another 15 years... and a few years to see how other parks are run Then you will understand.

It's crazy that people are really complaining about Six Flags because the memberships are cheap.

Give yourself another 15 years... and a few years to see how other parks are run Then you will understand.

In 15 years I'll be 30. By then I'll probably have at least one child. There is no way that I would ever fork up 200 each for a platinum pass. I'd rather deal with the low quality but know that I could eat 3 times a day, refill my cup and enter and exit as I wish for less than a basic cedar fair platinum pass.

^And that $200 for the Cedar Fair pass is still a GREAT deal and way underpriced.

On top of that, every Cedar Fair park except Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland offers a gold pass for just the home park at like $120.

Having visited Valleyfair, Dorney Park, Knott's Berry Farm, and soon Carowinds, going Platinum made the non-home visits come out less than $30 each.

I'm about to attract a lot of hate here.

I found Twisted Colossus overrated

If it consistently dueled, it would have earned every bit of that hype and blown past I305 and El Toro to be my number 1. Without dueling, it's slightly behind Tatsu. I did get one duel and three chases, so I've ranked it accordingly on my list.

I thought it was too... and way too rag-dolly on the old turn-arounds. Just not my style, especially while being cemented to the train from the waist down. At a certain point, a coaster really can be too fast for it's own good. Maybe when I rode it, it was a fluke and they used the fast grease during the head wave, I have no clue. I did enjoy the straight-aways though. But our opinions are just two... Obviously, plenty of people love it.

Not as much as if you said Millenium Force was only okay in the Cedar Point thread.

Forget the Cedar Point thread, that's stupid, spoiled, enthusiast talk in ANY thread!!!

^In spite of how much everybody complains about SFMM, it's still a great place for people who love to ride roller coasters! My brother lives in LA, and when I go to visit him, he wants to take me to Disneyland where they have passes, and I know Knotts is a "better park", but I'm always like "I want to go to Magic Mountain!" You'll have a great time, in spite of all the park's many deficiencies!

^ I must say I am not worried about waiting in line............... because we are doing something I can't speak about on these forums...

(A VIP Tour)

So.. the only thing I am worried about is how long is it going to take Shaniqua to get me a bottle of water....

^In spite of how much everybody complains about SFMM, it's still a great place for people who love to ride roller coasters! My brother lives in LA, and when I go to visit him, he wants to take me to Disneyland where they have passes, and I know Knotts is a "better park", but I'm always like "I want to go to Magic Mountain!" You'll have a great time, in spite of all the park's many deficiencies!

Knott's is definitely a better park from an aesthetics and operations standpoint, but Magic Mountain's roller coaster lineup completely blows it out of the water, in my opinion. It's the main reason I haven't even returned to Knott's for the past five years.

Knott's is definitely a better park from an aesthetics and operations standpoint, but Magic Mountain's roller coaster lineup completely blows it out of the water, in my opinion. It's the main reason I haven't even returned to Knott's for the past five years.

I don't go visit my brother super often, and MM keeps adding coasters, while Knott's doesn't, or at least doesn't add major ones, so it's a pretty easy decision for me (I haven't even been on FT or TC yet!) Now, if Knott's is indeed adding a major coaster next year, that'll change next time I go! But you've got to do better than a family spinner, mad mouse, or a horsie ride to get me interested!

If it consistently dueled, it would have earned every bit of that hype and blown past I305 and El Toro to be my number 1. Without dueling, it's slightly behind Tatsu. I did get one duel and three chases, so I've ranked it accordingly on my list.

On my one ride, first I dueled, then I went solo, since the second train was so late in getting dispatched. It wasn't even really a chase.

I have some questions about the flash pass. [1] If you purchase the flash pass in advance online, how long do you typically have to wait to pick it up once you get to the park? [2] When does the flash pass center open? [3] If you get the platinum level, do you still have to make a time reservation for the rides you want to do? [4] Is the $15 upcharge worth it on X2? [4a] If not, should you run to it first? [4b] Is X2 usually up-and-running right from the get go? [5] If you wanted to sit in the front for Tatsu and Goliath (for example), would they let you? [6] For a group of three of four, can each person have their own flash pass device? [7] Lastly, what does single reservation mean? Thanks a lot.

So.. the only thing I am worried about is how long is it going to take Shaniqua to get me a bottle of water....

Ignorance at its finest

Seriously... WTF is this joke even supposed to mean? He just included it for some light-hearted, casual racism/classism?

Edited by djackson

Ignorance at its finest

Seriously... WTF is this joke even supposed to mean? He just included it for some light-hearted, casual racism/classism?

Exactly! We come to these forums to get away from the bullcrap this world is going through!

I have some questions about the flash pass. [1] If you purchase the flash pass in advance online, how long do you typically have to wait to pick it up once you get to the park? [2] When does the flash pass center open? [3] If you get the platinum level, do you still have to make a time reservation for the rides you want to do? [4] Is the $15 upcharge worth it on X2? [4a] If not, should you run to it first? [4b] Is X2 usually up-and-running right from the get go? [5] If you wanted to sit in the front for Tatsu and Goliath (for example), would they let you? [6] For a group of three of four, can each person have their own flash pass device? [7] Lastly, what does single reservation mean? Thanks a lot.

I'll try to answer these for you:

1) There is a separate line for people who've purchased the FP online, so the wait should be minimal to pick it up (5-10 minutes). I've noticed this summer that there have been FP reps in the entrance plaza, so you may be able to pick it up before the park opens.

2) The FP center opens with the park and stays open after park closing time.

3) You don't have to make reservations for a specific time, but you still have to reserve each ride. With the Platinum FP, the ride reservation is typically available right away or within 5-10 minutes. The thing to do is make your next ride reservation as soon as you get scanned in for your current ride.

4) There is no longer an upcharge for X2 on the Platinum FP, you get a one-time reservation now. It's still an upcharge on Gold.

4b) X2 is generally open with the park, but it's easy to tell if it's not. If a ride goes down, you can cancel your reservation for that ride and pick something else, then reserve that ride again later when it opens back up.

5) There are no seating restrictions for the FP, so yes you can sit in the front rows if you want.

6) Each person can have their own FP device, but you would have to pay for each one separately. If you're going to stay together the whole day, it's easier to just have one device for the whole group.

7) Single reservation means you only get one reservation on the FP and once you use it, it's gone. For example, you get a single reservation for Fu11 Throttle and if you want to ride it again, you would have to wait in the normal line. For rides like Tatsu and Goliath, you can reserve them as much as you want as there are no limits on those rides. It kinda pisses me off how many restrictions that SFMM has on their FPs. I understand limiting reservations on new rides like Justice League or terrible capacity rides like Superman, but there's no reason to limit reservations on rides like FT, TC, or X2. When I got FL Plus at CP, there were no limits on how many times I could ride Maverick, Valravn, TTD, MF, etc.

I don't know if it's good news or bad news that SFMM seems to be the only park that has zero leaks/news/rumors about its 2018 attraction. Usually we have something (even just a rumor by now. Also. No markers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's good news or bad news that SFMM seems to be the only park that has zero leaks/news/rumors about its 2018 attraction. Usually we have something (even just a rumor by now. Also. No markers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new for 2018 a second refurbished Scream train that matches the 2 year old paint job!