Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:30 pm

blk_mamba wrote:s. A water "coaster" (if it ain't on RCDB, it doesn't count, imo, lol)

Now, come now. Who are you to gainsay Milton Hershey, Milton Hershey, the amazing chocolatier? If Mr. Hershey wills it to be a water coaster, then a water coaster 'tis. Now good day, sir. I said good day.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 pm

The rides look good and that's really all that matters. Sure it's stupid that Hershey is claiming it as a 'roller coaster' but it's no more stupid than how other parks market stuff.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:44 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:These both look awesome! Great additions. No one will miss Tidal Force once they see this.

You are saying this about the people that to this day complain about the condor ride being removed and the rapids ride being removed a couple years ago. And did you see that one guy in the comments that was upset because Hersheypark removed a little scene from the train ride? The people of Hershey never forgive and never forget.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby seasonic » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Both these rides are made by ProSlide, and the one is marketed is a Water Coaster.... so it is a coaster. Hard to not to call it one. Now if they called it a roller coaster on the other hand, there would be some problems. I think complaining about it being their 14th coaster is just splitting hairs.

These should hopefully bring additional capacity to the boardwalk and cut down on some of the wait times for their other water slides.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 pm

EliHorton wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:These both look awesome! Great additions. No one will miss Tidal Force once they see this.

You are saying this about the people that to this day complain about the condor ride being removed and the rapids ride being removed a couple years ago. And did you see that one guy in the comments that was upset because Hersheypark removed a little scene from the train ride? The people of Hershey never forgive and never forget.

A couple years? More like 9. Almost a decade and people still insist with every new ride announcement that the rapids is making a comeback. They hold a grudge like crazy :lol:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Regarding the stupid coaster/not a coaster thing here you go:

If the company that makes it markets it as a "coaster" and the company that buys it also markets it as a "coaster" well than its a coaster.

Also, technically - the thing coasts. I'm sure there will be pages of arguing to come on this but think for a second. In the same way, say, Maverick is pushed uphill by LIMs, and then gravity powered, so are these. Sure there is no track, but its more of a coaster than a slide really because of the tech used to get it uphill.

But none of that matters because they both look great and will huge hits for this park. Do I think its dumb that they are counting it as their 14 coaster? Well, kinda, but that's not for me or any of us to decide. If you wanna call it a slide, no one is stopping you, but you don't get to decide what Hershey wants to call it until you cough up enough money to buy Hershey and then you are free to market it however the hell you want.
Last edited by boldikus on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:39 pm.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:39 pm

boldikus wrote:Regarding the stupid coaster/not a coaster thing here you go:

If the company that makes it markets it as a "coaster" and the company that buys it also markets it as a "coaster" well than its a coaster.

Also, technically - the thing coasts. I'm sure there will be pages of arguing to come on this but think for a second. In the same way, say, Maverick is pushed uphill by LIMs, and then gravity powered, so are these. Sure there is no track, but its more of a coaster than a slide really because of the tech used to get it uphill.

But none of that matters because they both look great and will huge hits for this park. If you wanna call it a slide, no one is stopping you, but you don't get to decide what Hershey wants to call it until you cough up enough money to buy Hershey and then you are free to market it however the hell you want.

Under that logic, log flumes and rapids rides would be considered coasters as well.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm loving the new mat racer!! It's nice to see a new layout for that style slide!! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:41 pm

thrillrider wrote:
boldikus wrote:Regarding the stupid coaster/not a coaster thing here you go:

But none of that matters because they both look great and will huge hits for this park. If you wanna call it a slide, no one is stopping you, but you don't get to decide what Hershey wants to call it until you cough up enough money to buy Hershey and then you are free to market it however the hell you want.

Under that logic, log flumes and rapids rides would be considered coasters as well.

Good point.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:42 pm

My whole point is the parks are gonna market their rides how they want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me its more of coaster than a slide, but at the end of the day, what the park markets it as isn't going to change the experience I'll have on the ride.

Was everyone this butthurt when SFFT announced their water coaster and marketed it as such?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!