TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO

Jew

How does everyone feel about the 1 coin per hour reward system? I can't tell if I love it or hate it. On one hand you don't have to sign in to collect rewards but on the other hand it makes beating more competitive gyms completely and totally pointless.

I've just been walking my Larvitar

Might not have to do that anymore since Tyranitar will be one of the gym raid Pokemon.

I've got to be honest, that's a shame. Aside from Dragonite and Tyranitar there are no longer any Pokemon that are even semi-rare because they've had events for pretty much every Pokemon type now.

I remember when I first got a Gengar it took about 6 months so it was really cool when I finally got it. A week later I had 5 of them because of the Halloween event. I love the events and these cool new ideas but I wish there were at least a FEW Pokemon that were legitimately difficult to get.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gym's went live today for me!

Raids are for level 35+ players for now...

That's a huge bummer. I'm only at 25 so I have a longgg way to go.

How does everyone feel about the 1 coin per hour reward system? I can't tell if I love it or hate it. On one hand you don't have to sign in to collect rewards but on the other hand it makes beating more competitive gyms completely and totally pointless.

I've just been walking my Larvitar

Might not have to do that anymore since Tyranitar will be one of the gym raid Pokemon.

I've got to be honest, that's a shame. Aside from Dragonite and Tyranitar there are no longer any Pokemon that are even semi-rare because they've had events for pretty much every Pokemon type now.

I remember when I first got a Gengar it took about 6 months so it was really cool when I finally got it. A week later I had 5 of them because of the Halloween event. I love the events and these cool new ideas but I wish there were at least a FEW Pokemon that were legitimately difficult to get.

I read someone in the media preview who fought a Tyranitar, but he said it was still very difficult to catch afterward and he was unsuccessful, so who knows. It might still be rare, but the point of raid Pokemon is to entice people with rarer Pokemon.

If they do allow legendaries, I would hope there would be some rarity to finding them. If every gym starts popping up with Entei, Moltres, etc. then I'll start to wonder. I also wonder if they will limit the legendaries you could have, i.e. team Blue can only get Articuno and/or Suicune.

I totally get what you're saying about the events. I'm kind of land-locked most days and I sure was getting tired of seeing nothing but Pidgey, Sentret, Ledyba, etc. so the events certainly breathed some life into the game for me as I'm sure it did for many others.

I'm still holding out for Gen. 3. I'm not sure if there is any movement into releasing Gen. 3, but that *could* be their opportunity to again hold off on some Pokemon being rarer than others (In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Feebas/Milotic was very rare and difficult to get).

Pardon me if some of this is all common knowledge.

Yep. Also, the 50 coins per day cap makes beating ridiculously uncompetitive gyms pointless. There's one at a Baptist church near me that for some reason no one ever seems to fight. I've dropped Pokemon there for months at a time, collecting 10 coins for me every day, just because no one bothers to defeat it. Now, holding a gym for longer than 2 days gives you no reward at all.

Yeah. I'm digging the raids as well. I will probably stay away from Gyms until they make the incentive better to keep a pokemon there. I have a blissey I haven't seen for 2 days, so I can't even collect yet.

I've had mixed experiences with the Raid system.

Brit and I showed up to one level 4 raid and ended up with a total of 6 people taking down the raid boss which was an absolute blast. The next day I showed up for a Tyranitar raid and was the only one there.

Today I took down a raid boss single-handedly which was a really rewarding feeling. It was a brutal battle...

19429865_10212273594589393_8987188702492746625_n.thumb.jpg.e18303f08e420e5c8ffdae3772c6a855.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pokemon GO Fest tickets are re-selling for around $300 here in Chicago. I know a few people who bought tickets and planned on going, but decided to sell when people started paying these insane prices.

I fell off before the 2nd gen came out and haven't been back but I had a ton of fun with the app when I had it!

Got Articuno yesterday it was easy with numbers ONLY try if you have 8+. Moltres was easy as well we had a lot of people so not sure of minimum but 8 is a good number to keep as minimum. Moltres flees quickly and moves a lot more. Out of our group of 12 only one person caught the first one we tried.

How is everyone finding enough people for these raids? Are you using Facebook Groups or Discord? We only got enough people once during the trip to get an Articuno, and could never find enough people to try for Lugia or Moltres and this was at parks with lots of young people around.

Here in Amersfoort we still have a lot of people playing and we have a team of players from within the company. By meeting the hardcore gamers (there are people who almost play 24/7) we happened to get in several raid group apps that use Whatsapp to communicate. So when something special is happening I hear it rather quickly, be it a raid going to start or an Unown that is spotted.

But when a release of new Pokemon is happening you just go to the center of town to find a lot of people trying to raid. Biggest group I saw the last two weeks was about 50 people for a Lugia raid.

So yeah, Pokemon Go is very much still a thing here. And a luckily a great city to catch them. I have caught 237 pocket monsters at the moment. (All there is to catch here in Europe at this time)

How is everyone finding enough people for these raids? Are you using Facebook Groups or Discord? We only got enough people once during the trip to get an Articuno, and could never find enough people to try for Lugia or Moltres and this was at parks with lots of young people around.

The first day they released these things we went to a raid and by some miracle there were like 15 people there. We beat it but it ran away and after that I sort of took a break from the game thinking there was basically no way we'd ever get that many people together again (since we live in a pretty rural area and most raids have a total of zero people playing). I felt like I was sort of screwed as far as catching one of these.

About a week later I was on the way home from work and saw a bunch of people standing around staring at their phones on the sidewalk so I went over and saw that they were fighting a Moltres, we won but again I had it run away. Luckily a few of them turned me on to some Facebook messenger groups where they just all agree to meet at a certain raid at a certain time and they have no problem getting a sufficient amount of people.

You definitely have to turn off notifications for those types of groups (trust me, lol) but if I'm ever on my way home and in the mood to play I pop them up and see if there's anything going on nearby. It's really the only way to play at this point. I would think there are definitely some Facebook or Discord groups in your area.

Discord has worked best in my area no one uses the facebook apps. I also can be in downtown cincinnati in 3 minutes during lunch at work. Today i got on discord saw a couple of Zapdos raids going on downtown and headed that way. At lunch in a downtown setting is easy as can be people come in waves and usually have groups of 15-20. i am fortunate for my locations.

Caught Zapdos on lunch first raid with him and first throw. now I just need Lugia.

Best of luck to anyone trying for the legandarys.

So I broke down and joined two Facebook groups. Went out today for the first time and we successfully defeated a Zapdos and Lugia. I caught neither. =( Oh well, at least I know this now works and can try again when I have some time!

So I broke down and joined two Facebook groups. Went out today for the first time and we successfully defeated a Zapdos and Lugia. I caught neither. =( Oh well, at least I know this now works and can try again when I have some time!

I though you were stronger than this Elissa

From my understanding Lugia is a really tough catch. Our large group one day maybe one person from the group caught it after the raid. I don't have enough experience with zap just the little bit from friends and it seems to be 50/50 so far

I though you were stronger than this Elissa

I have not gone back out again with them. They were kind of scary. Not what I was expecting from Pokemon Go players!