TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

Comeagain, it looks mostly the same from the website, but anything new going on this year that you know of? I am waiting on a TR from rollercoasteralley.com but nothing so far... the only thing I was disappointed with last year was Caved In, how has that maze done this year?

Caved In is reportedly much better this year. It has a new manager and layout, and from what I hear, it's a lot better. Other than that, there's not a ton of changes. Total Darkness is in the pavilions, so the pizzeria is open again.

I've been to Scarywood, Scaryfarm (KBF), and Fright Fest (SFMM) this year. I can see why Scarywood is known for being a top Halloween attraction.

3Dementia and Total Darkness are what stood out to me as being different/unique compared to the larger parks. Blood Bayou is also very well done. (depsite the old ice rink being gone).

If anyone reading has never been to Scarywood, I'd say check it out, I found it just as enjoyable as the ones at the major parks.

• 5 months later...
It's weird to see a theme parks discussion thread so quiet, when potentially you maybe getting one of the coolest new rides in 2018. Well, wait, Mean streak first, then what ever RMC has left over for you.

More topper track on Tremors?

• 2 weeks later...
It's weird to see a theme parks discussion thread so quiet, when potentially you maybe getting one of the coolest new rides in 2018. Well, wait, Mean streak first, then what ever RMC has left over for you.

I thought Tremors and TT have been both been completely retracted by now.

I thought Tremors and TT have been both been completely retracted by now.

Only on the turn after the first drop and the turn past the Roller Coaster Alley sign on Tremors. AFAIK, Timber Terror still doesn't actually have Topper Track anywhere.

With how much that rumor is thrown around, it is still just a rumor. To look at the rumor realistically, RMC has 2 hybrids and at least one Raptor track coaster in the works at this time. They are still a fairly small company so they can't do so many projects at once. I do see an RMC happening here, but not for another few years unfortunately.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

RMC has 2 hybrids and at least one Raptor track coaster in the works at this time.

Unless I've missed something, we don't actually know that they have a Raptor track coaster in the works. All I've seen is they posted an image of some track they made in their shop and then an image of a prototype they were building at their plant. So as far as we know, that's all they're doing right now and no Raptor track coaster is in the works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I just booked my hotel rooms for a visit in August, so I'm just wondering if there is anything that has been significantly changed this year. I haven't been there to try the new racing slide, but as far as I know, that's the only new major attraction? I am really going to try to eat at the restaurant this year, especially since my stomach has randomly started a mutiny and I can't eat the normal "theme park" fare anymore

I believe Knott's is getting a Gerstlauer.

Hey! I just booked my hotel rooms for a visit in August, so I'm just wondering if there is anything that has been significantly changed this year. I haven't been there to try the new racing slide, but as far as I know, that's the only new major attraction? I am really going to try to eat at the restaurant this year, especially since my stomach has randomly started a mutiny and I can't eat the normal "theme park" fare anymore

No nothing new

• 2 months later...

Even though most people don't care too much, since we're so far away, but Silverwood announced their new Scarywood attraction.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

NEW for 2017! The zombie infection is worse than it has ever been. Sgt. Buzz and his crew of Zombie Hunters were forced to abandon the Zombiewood Express when it was overtaken and crashed. Now, they find themselves on foot fighting off waves of zombies. Nobody is safe from becoming infected...not even you! Planet Zombie is the first of it's kind immersive experience. Before entering the haunt, you will be prepped by Buzz and his Zombie Hunters. Then you will be thrust into the action where the zombie hunters will protect you while you try to escape without becoming infected. Only the strong will survive.

I've seen bits and pieces of what's inside and I'm very excited for it. Although I am sad that we won't have the Zombiewood Express anymore. The park is calling it the biggest thing for Scarywood since Blood Bayou and from what I can tell it should be just as good.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post/trip report on the forums so please bear with me as I try and figure it out!

Went to the park for opening weekend and overall things look pretty good. Naturally, not all the plants were in yet but the park still looked great!

Roller Coasters:

Timber Terror was running great, it got some new track/wood in the far turn around. Lots of air, and it doesn't beat you up! New this year to both Tremors and Timber Terror (I think) are seat dividers and individual seat belts. I thought this really improved the ride experience since you were not smashing into the poor soul next to you the whole time.

Tremors was better than last year, it got new wood on the second hill over the pathway, and the final turn. It also got seat dividers and individual seat belts, which really helped make it more comfortable.

Aftershock was open, and I heard it was smoother than last year. Didn't ride it because I just can't handle it, but another person in my party did and gave me that report.

Corkscrew got newly colored restraints, same ones just black instead of yellow, but it's now in desperate need of a paint job. Last year it looked tolerable, but I don't know if they sandblasted it or what, but it looked terrible this year. The yellow supports are more chalky white than anything and even the black track looks bad. There are a bunch of orange and red tags on the supports, but I don't know what that means. Also it appeared they had replaced some of the support bars on the first corkscrew, and they were unpainted. I hope they are gonna paint it soon otherwise it will look really bad for the Golden Tickets in September.

Other rides/improvements:

In other news, the park has gotten a new TIlt-A-Whirl. They were still putting it together, so it wasn't open, but hopefully its up done soon. Its almost in the same spot as the old one but its a little farther off the midway than before. It looks good and all but I'm going to be pissed if its not as good as the old one. The old one went really fast and it was so easy to get it to spin. It appears the new one has the old style restraint, which is good, but I'm worried about that is won't be as fast.

Also, across from the new Tilt-A-Whirl the log flume got a new fence. An I have to be honest, but I think it looks ugly. Before you could see most of the log flume going around and it was fun to watch both on ride and off, but now the fence is so tall you can't see at all. I think they did this so that they can run the log flume in the dark for Scarywood, but I think they could have done a better job. It will probably look better as they plant flowers and trees, but I'm so far not a fan of this improvement.

A change I am a fan of is that they got new lockers! The old small lockers by the arcade and General Stuff Mercantile have been removed and replaced with the same lockers that Boulder Beach has used the last couple of seasons. They are the kind with a pass code that you program and then can use all day. The ones on Main Street are behind the Carousel, and the Country Carnival ones are where the smoking area/ATM was. I didn't get any pictures of them but they look nice, and are a great improvement.

The park also widened some paths around the park and I think they cut down a few trees in Country Carnival.

Now, on to the pictures!

IMG_20190505_141603.thumb.jpg.23985a2c79ef1fd9aec9dcae6f1ef4b7.jpg

Timber Terror: aka the BEST RIDE IN THE PARK!!!

IMG_20190504_121120.thumb.jpg.4bbd6c2a1dc07bca26e48e54c4a8e35f.jpg

No comment necessary

IMG_20190504_123025.thumb.jpg.98725fbf40f23a616970e4fc1f60ef41.jpg

I think thats the wrong Boomerang...

IMG_20190504_113906.thumb.jpg.c5860fbfbc511f99715d552247a6e6f6.jpg

Here is the new Tilt-A-Whirl. I sure hope its as good as the last one! You can see that they haven't quite finished.

IMG_20190504_113853.thumb.jpg.ad2d4d8e3b1e6ae5735a32c69c7770f0.jpg

IMG_20190504_113855.thumb.jpg.bcb2b6d246fdfae49bdc77a44fce7dc4.jpg

This is the new fence at the log flume. I think that grassy are is new as well. Also, they removed the water canon before the ride's lift :(

IMG_20190505_152152.thumb.jpg.7ba471907229a67e04a1a31534611187.jpg

Corkscrew had a bunch of these orange and red tags all over the supports. I hope they are for paint, because as you can see it looks really bad.

IMG_20190505_151336.thumb.jpg.4d177ccc59084d136661881f69642693.jpg

And thats all I've got! Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so we will see how it goes!

I went to the park on opening weekend.

Overall the park looked great as always. The hanging baskets and some of the other flowers were not quite in but that ok, the rides made up for that!

Didn't ride corkscrew, was in line and then it broke down, but its in desperate need of paint. It looks really bad, but they had markers all over it so maybe they just haven't done it.

Timber Terror was AWESOME!!!! Running really great, it got some new wood and track in the far turnaround and that really helps. Tremors got some wood in the first drop and tunnel which helped. Also new this year, they added seat dividers and individual belts to both Tremors and Timber Terror, this really makes it more comfortable. Big thumbs up for both woodies!

I can't ride aftershock (makes me sick) but another person in my party rode it and said it was running better than last year.

The train got more props, and there were some other minor path improvements throughout the park. The only major change is that they got a new Tilt-A-Whirl. It wasn't open yet when I was there, but I hope its as good as the old one.

All in all the park looks like its ready for another great season!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
^ I can check tomorrow. Excited to visit this park!

Thanks! That's great! Is this your first visit, Canobie Coaster?

I hope you enjoy your visit! It's really a cool place (although I'm biased cause it's my home park)

Both are excellent and I think underrated. They do only run one train on both though so beware the lines. Also, skip the log flume, unless you really want to ride, as there's nothing special about it.

Edit: I personally think that Timber Terror is the better of the two.