Silverwood Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Silverwood Discussion Thread

Postby LuminousAphid » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Just want to say I went to one of my local haunted attractions in the Seattle area and it wasn't nearly as well-done as Scarywood, both inside the haunted house and themeing outside. It really makes me appreciate our trip there last year much more; even Blood Bayou alone, maybe the shortest haunt when we went, was quite a bit longer than the one we went to last night and had much better actors. I think I will have to make it back over for Scarywood next year, especially if they get something new again next year

Comeagain, it looks mostly the same from the website, but anything new going on this year that you know of? I am waiting on a TR from rollercoasteralley.com but nothing so far... the only thing I was disappointed with last year was Caved In, how has that maze done this year?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:18 pm

LuminousAphid wrote:Comeagain, it looks mostly the same from the website, but anything new going on this year that you know of? I am waiting on a TR from rollercoasteralley.com but nothing so far... the only thing I was disappointed with last year was Caved In, how has that maze done this year?

Caved In is reportedly much better this year. It has a new manager and layout, and from what I hear, it's a lot better. Other than that, there's not a ton of changes. Total Darkness is in the pavilions, so the pizzeria is open again.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IdahoKat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:52 pm

I've been to Scarywood, Scaryfarm (KBF), and Fright Fest (SFMM) this year. I can see why Scarywood is known for being a top Halloween attraction.
3Dementia and Total Darkness are what stood out to me as being different/unique compared to the larger parks. Blood Bayou is also very well done. (depsite the old ice rink being gone).

If anyone reading has never been to Scarywood, I'd say check it out, I found it just as enjoyable as the ones at the major parks.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby aeyrolet » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 pm

It's weird to see a theme parks discussion thread so quiet, when potentially you maybe getting one of the coolest new rides in 2018. Well, wait, Mean streak first, then what ever RMC has left over for you.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:21 pm

aeyrolet wrote:It's weird to see a theme parks discussion thread so quiet, when potentially you maybe getting one of the coolest new rides in 2018. Well, wait, Mean streak first, then what ever RMC has left over for you.

More topper track on Tremors?

:)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed May 03, 2017 9:07 pm

mark549 wrote:
aeyrolet wrote:It's weird to see a theme parks discussion thread so quiet, when potentially you maybe getting one of the coolest new rides in 2018. Well, wait, Mean streak first, then what ever RMC has left over for you.

I thought Tremors and TT have been both been completely retracted by now.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Wed May 03, 2017 9:09 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:
mark549 wrote:

I thought Tremors and TT have been both been completely retracted by now.

Only on the turn after the first drop and the turn past the Roller Coaster Alley sign on Tremors. AFAIK, Timber Terror still doesn't actually have Topper Track anywhere.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 am

With how much that rumor is thrown around, it is still just a rumor. To look at the rumor realistically, RMC has 2 hybrids and at least one Raptor track coaster in the works at this time. They are still a fairly small company so they can't do so many projects at once. I do see an RMC happening here, but not for another few years unfortunately.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:23 am

RCF wrote:RMC has 2 hybrids and at least one Raptor track coaster in the works at this time.

Unless I've missed something, we don't actually know that they have a Raptor track coaster in the works. All I've seen is they posted an image of some track they made in their shop and then an image of a prototype they were building at their plant. So as far as we know, that's all they're doing right now and no Raptor track coaster is in the works.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey! I just booked my hotel rooms for a visit in August, so I'm just wondering if there is anything that has been significantly changed this year. I haven't been there to try the new racing slide, but as far as I know, that's the only new major attraction? I am really going to try to eat at the restaurant this year, especially since my stomach has randomly started a mutiny and I can't eat the normal "theme park" fare anymore :(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!