TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Greetings

My name is Randall, and after being a lurker in the shadows for over a year I finally decided to join. My home park is Darien Lake.

The Comet at Crystal Beach (Ontario) was my introduction to coasters.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone my name is Logan Kitchen and my dream job is to become an engineer helping design roller coasters! Im currently in college for Civil Engineering (Structural) hoping to get closer to my dream job someday. I've currently been on an estimate of about 120 coasters and hoping to boost my number! Also, very in to RCT2 and that's what led me to TPR.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone my name is René van Honk and live in the Netherlands.

I live nearby the efteling.

I have no job anymore because I had a terrible car crash in 2003, I was underway to sixflags Belgium and ended in the hospital.

I did work on a Wheelchair Taxi Bus.

My best coaster is the Dragon Kahn in Port Aventura but my latest coaster is Baron 1898 in the Efteling.

Joris en de Draak is also very good.

My engish is very bad so I won't post very often.

Edited by The tourist

Hello there, the name's WillyMammoth24, but you could just call me Will.

I have had interests in theme parks ever since the age of six and while it was contributed by my many playthroughs of Walt Disney World Explorer on CD-ROM, it was all triggered by a trip to SFOT back in 2004. Since then, I have read books about many theme parks and roller coasters, watched documentaries about them, and eventually stumbled into communities such as this one!

Besides coasters and theme parks, I am into gaming, anime, and engineering. I am currently taking a break from theme parks now that I am in college, but I try to visit SFOT whenever I find the opportunity so I could get some rides on good ol' NTAG.

Hi, I'm S100Headache. But, for here, I wanted my username to be more relevant.

I'm actually a weakling when it comes to rides. (Going to work on that this year.) Most of my love for amusement parks came from the RCT series, and that interest was reinvigorated when my old computer broke down, giving me the excuse to buy a machine able to handle Planet Coaster.

As for when I first heard of this forum, back in high school, when I had only dial-up, I used my school's faster Internet access to download stuff onto a CD which I would then use to. I looked back on the CD, and among them were some Theme Park Review videos.

My two nearest parks are Kings Dominion and Six Flags America, though this will be my first year at the latter. Will also be doing Hersheypark and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Why the weird name? I don't know... I was eating them as I registered.

I live in Fremont, CA. I was a former operator of Medusa at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, until I got an internship at Pixar.

My Coaster Count is very low, an embarrassing 16. Unfortunately, I just became a coaster enthusiast this past week, and I've only been to CGA and SFDK. But I've got loads of new plans lately; look at the Trip Plans for 2017 or whatever that thread is called for information.

Here are my Top 5 Coasters. Look in my signature too.

1. Joker

2. Gold Striker

3. Medusa

4. Flight Deck

5. Superman Ultimate Flight

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I joined yesterday (4/17/17), but decided to make my little welcoming post now.

I'm from the Buffalo area, making Darien Lake my home park.

I've really only been to a few theme parks that I'm able to recall. These few are:

-Darien Lake

-Cedar Point

-Fantasy Island

-Seabreeze Amusement Park

-Disney World (Happened in 2005, was too young to ride any coasters sadly.)

Not really the best list, but I'm still younger and might someday get to travel further and do more.

Overall, I'm most likely just going to lurk around. If you do see me post, it'll most likely be in threads for those parks listed above.

Hello there,

Decided to make an account on this site, because I've been checking up on this site in and out for a while now. I've had an on and off interest in Roller Coasters ever since I was little, and usually take a trip to a park once a year. This year it was decided that me and a group of friends would be going up to Cedar Point sometime in August.

My three home parks are Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Kings Dominion. However, I rotate passes every other year with this year being the year I go to BG and WC.

Hi there,

My name is David Chang. I discovered TPR around 2006 via another forum affiliated towards East Coast theme parks. Someone posted about the new Tatsu opening up at Six Flags Magic Mountain and posted a link of this site. TPR provided great coverage of its construction and opening. Since then, I became a regular visitor here. I enjoyed reading the adventures of Robb and Elissa, as well as other trip reports made by other members. These trips look like an absolute blast.

I finally registered for the TPR forums in May 2012, but really didn't get involved until April 2016 since I was attending university. Theme Park Review has some skilled writers and photographers, and I keep coming back to this site to read and re-read trip reports. They are amazing and rekindled my interest in theme parks and roller coasters. I hope in the future I could supplement these great stories with other coaster enthusiasts.

I grew up in the Philadelphia area and consider Dorney Park my home park. The first coaster I rode was the Loch Ness Monster in 2002. I have been to Great Adventure and Hersheypark several times in high school, but Kingda Ka always closes. I now live in Washington, DC and my new home park is Kings Dominion. I got my college roommate into the world of coasters and we are planning a trip to Cedar Point in 2018 (because of RMC Mean Streak).

In addition to coasters, I'm a huge rugby freak. To sum it up, me and my teammates every Saturday "knock the sh*t out of our opponents, shake hands, and have a beer". Sound good mate? Give blood, play rugby! Sign up today!

Robb, keep up with the good work on Theme Park Review!! Cheers!

Hey, guys. I'm new here, obviously. Every once in a while I'll get on a theme park kick, and I often found myself lurking these forums. Today I decided to bite the bullet and make an account here. I've been to about 3 theme parks as of now. Disneyland (2003 + 2010), Silverwood (2007), and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (2012). I'm hoping to go to Silverwood again this year as a sort of 10 year anniversary of the last time I went. I'm a bit of a wuss with rollercoasters, but since I have such a big interest in them, I'm hoping to change that.

Hello! I'm Kijikun, from Dallas, Texas. I'm almost at the age to use the Monty Python gif of I'm not old I'm 37 (36) in all seriousness. Started off going to theme parks as a bitty thing with Hershey Park and King's Dominion. I don't really have a top 5 rides, but my top will ride again and again are pretty much Transformers/Spider-man

(let's be fair they are kinda the same ride with differnt theming but I love them all the same), Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarves, Gringotts, and a toss up between Mummy and Indiana Jones in disneyland. Joined the forums after reading way to many of the park reviews and decided it looked like a fun place.

Hello ! I'm Pierre, from Montpellier in France! I am 20 years old and am a fan of theme parks and roller coasters since about 2010. Sorry if my English is sometimes bad, but I will do my best I promise.

My newest parks are Movieland Park, Gardaland and Mirabilandia in Italy. Then Parc Astérix and Walibi Rhône Alpes in France.

My top 3 roller coaster is: Shambhala - Katun - iSpeed.

I played quite a few years RCT3 and for 6 months I play NL2.

The parks that now give me more desire are Phantasialand and Liseberg

Edited by Pierrot.34

• 3 weeks later...

Im pretty new to the TPR boards. My name is Josh, and I love theme parks... to the point where I'm the human embodiment of RCDB;) My home park for now is SFOG (even though I think it kinda blows) but my favorite parks are Dollywood, Islands of Adventure, Carowinds, and SFFT. My favorite coasters are Fury 325, Iron Rattler, Superman Krypton Coaster, Hulk and Tennessee Tornado. I really wanna start getting into the boards more, since no one I can seem to find in small town USA knows or can talk rollercoaster

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I'm Phil from lovely Switzerland and I'm 21 years old.

Being from europe means, that I've only ridden coasters in and around Switzerland (with one exception) yet, but going soon to the US to visit some parks like CP and SFGA for example.

My favorite rides are: Shambhala, Red Force, Silver Star, Flying Aces and Expedition GeForce.

Hoping to see and read more from this nice forum.

Cheers!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and to be frank, I haven't get to theme parks that much yet. For most of the time I was kinda busy and had some troubles with my daily life so only now I have more freedom. Still, the most memorable time for me is probably Legoland Windsor when I was young. Though I'm 23 now I still like to return to the old time a bit, and of course enjoy more fun here and there.

And so I hope to learn and share experience with you guys. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm 17 years old and from germany.

Because I live in germany I only saw a few theme parks in and around germany.

My favourite rollercoaster of all tiem is Expedition GeForce at Holiday Park because of its insane ejector Airtime and its unique layout. I also love Eurosat, Euro-Mir, Silver Star and Blue Fire.

Some of my favourite manufacturers include Intamin, B&M and Schwarzkopf (Sadly the only Schwarzkopf I've been on is Alpina Bahn, it's sad I never had the opportunity to go on the infamous Thriller (which some of you may know as Taz's Texas Tornado, Zonga or Tsunami) which reached up to 6.5 g during the first two loops which is even more than the legendary Moonsault Scramble reached)

I think I'll have a good time in this forum

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, this seems like an appropriate place to make a first post.

Hi! My name is Dom, and I hail from the beautiful city of Tampa, Florida. Been a longime lurker on this site, but I just decided to make this account to discuss. I'm lazy. My favorite park is Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and my current favorite coaster is Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. Happy to be here with all my fellow enthusiasts!