TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Wow, I had no idea Kieppi was leaving! So bummed to read that as it was quite an experience; maybe too intense for my taste but a rare model. What are they going to install in its place?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I had no idea Kieppi was leaving! So bummed to read that as it was quite an experience; maybe too intense for my taste but a rare model. What are they going to install in its place?

There might not even be a new ride, Linnanmäki has been planning an underground area and the entrance might be on Kieppi's place. If it isn't that, no-one has any clue on what ride there would be.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As a subcriber on Linnanmäki's official newsletter, I got an invite to the raffle of participating in the first riders of their newest ride coming in to replace Kieppi.

In the email it is revealed that it will have a 140cm height requirement and will have spinning in some form (there's a finnish word for it but idk how to translate it, wildly spinning possibly in many directions)

The Finnish themepark community is stumped currently on what it's gonna be because none of the currently trendy flatrides fit the description or the spot, and a lot of the rides that would fit the spot are similiar to something they'd already have.

Well the gerstlauer ones both have too big diameters, but more importantly aren't they generally classified as more family oriented rather than high thrill?

The whole point behind the Sky Roller and Sky Fly is that you can make your experience as tame or as thrilling as you want it to be.

Theres also a new smaller version coming out this year for Tivoli Friheden, it's called a Sky Racer. It's basically a small spinning wheel on the ground with rotating seats with wings, 16 meters in diameter. Should fit in nicely, if that's what they are going for.

971337764_Skrmavbild2017-04-01kl_13_41_43.thumb.png.01f19e64df97c6502102de71c49a6cd2.png

But if they really wanted the Sky Fly it could fit. Only the loading side needs a footprint. A Sky Roller can also be built with a loading platform similar to some of the Star Flyers.

Only brainstorming here...

I get that the point of the rides is to make it as tame or thrilling as you want, but when they state that it will be a fast wild ride guaranteed I do have my doubts about it being something that can be controlled.

But I think the park knows that the crowds would not be happy if they got one of these to replace the crowd favourite that is Kieppi.

Translated to english:

-"All good things come to an end, so does Kieppi's career in Linnanmäki. Come enjoy the last kieppi's (kieppi is an untranslatable word for a flip) during september-october."

So apparently Linnanmäki is getting rid of their HUSS Booster, which is odd because:

A: It's only 13 years old

B: It's extremely reliable and has barely any downtime

C: It's extremely popular

bit late on this one but 13 years old is not long for a stationary ride but since it was designed to travel, where it would operate for like a 1/10 of the amount of times it does at a park because of travelling and waiting between rides surely its just become very worn out. Samurai at Thorpe Park has had issues due to this along with Ripsaw which is now gone.

bit late on this one but 13 years old is not long for a stationary ride but since it was designed to travel, where it would operate for like a 1/10 of the amount of times it does at a park because of travelling and waiting between rides surely its just become very worn out. Samurai at Thorpe Park has had issues due to this along with Ripsaw which is now gone.

Linnanmäki's booster afaik wasn't actually designed to travel, it was dug into a pit with a different setup than the travelling boosters and is now being retrofitted for travel.

According to the building permits to the Helsinki city council, Linnanmäki's ride is a technical park heavy rotation

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

(the rides most insane point starts at 2:15)

Definitely a complete surprise, these have only been sold to travelling showmen (although the park does make a park version) and it's absolutely insane, unexpected, not trending, the last one probably was bought in 2004 or something...

It's like they pulled the same trick as canada's wonderland

Yikes, it does the high-speed bit twice? I thought that only happened in kids' cartoons.

EDIT: Is Playland's new spin-and-spew the same sort of ride as that one? Tropical Storm, right?

• 2 weeks later...

The ride has begun testing and will be opened to the public on the 28th when the park opens at 16:00.

A select group of raffle winners were chosen to test ride the new ride an hour before the park opens, of which there will be footage of.

Luckily the ride isn't running on a "park" program and has gone full speed!

The rotating arm is black and white, the seats are red and the spinning platform is black with yellow dots. Here's hoping it'll play music.

Sorry triple post but the ride's name got revealed and the park released pictures and video:

Magia

It's certainly interesting looking as all the previous instances of the model have had those plexiglass things in the middle and this just has platform

There's a short testing video on facebook that doesn't include the whole cycle or the arm rising up to it's top position

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Doesn't seem like it spins fast at all!

Trust me, the Finnish theme park community got a bit worried after that video, but that video was filmed on a press day when they spun it on multiple different programs. (And tbh the editing of the video is terrible, the audio is from one run and the clips are from here and there)

It does actually spin quite fast (not as fast as the fair versions obviously) but it still does at the very start and end of the ride. There's not a full video out of the program yet but you can see the spinning at the start in this instagram video

Or this snowy youtube video

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

(Yes, these two videos are literally a day apart. On that day it for some reason just snowed the whole day even though it was nearly may)

I actually thought, they made a mistake, in taking that other flat out.

Too intense for myself, but the general public seemed to enjoy it a lot.

1965131574_ResizeofIMG_6058.JPG.6cd8d65bdf4a440e154c6fcf315aac1a.JPG

That other flat. to see it go. Even if I didn't ride it, lol! TPR 2009 Scandi Tour.

• 3 months later...

IIK!WEEK (eekweek) Is coming back for 2017

The very succesful horror fest type deal at Linnanmäki will be recreated this year, and they've learned from some mistakes, and added new stuff.

- The horror maze is different and this time the capacity is higher so the queue won't hit 2 hours.

- A hay maze for kids

- Live horror show "A clown and his cursed ventriliquist doll"

- Down in the coaster-valley area (where Tulireki and Vonkaputous reside) there'll be something described as "Castlehill horror village" with "plague ridden villagers and the walking dead", I'd assume this means it's some form of a scarezone.

- One of the cafés will be serving magical broths, and other horror-fantasy themed foods.

- Scaring school for young kids

Otherwise everything else is the same as last year

- Horror themed VR in Linnunrata

- Kyöpelinvuoren hotelli with live actors (witches)

- Taikasirkus with a "corrupted" theme and live actors (clowns)

- Clowns chasing you in the "dodgems"

- Riding Kingi droptower blindfolded + new for this year modified queue with dungeon theming

- Kammokuja with lights off, live actors, you only have a lantern

• 1 month later...

"Vekkula" funhouse closing

This will be the last year of operation for the parks now 56 year old funhouse "Vekkula".

The park says the nostalgic funhouse will be still operational for the rest of the 2017 season (so until the 22nd of October)

and the park will replace the funhouse with a new one in the following years, and for this the park has opened a survey

for people to enter their favourite feature of Vekkula and their favourite memories + what features they would like to see

in the new funhouse.

This might be sad for some people, but most will agree that no matter how lovable and classic the funhouse is, it's very old,

the paint is coming of the walls here and there and some features haven't worked for years now, so assuming the new funhouse

will follow the same spirit people fell in love with, they'll surely have a winner.

Another positive note about this is that a while ago there was a "leak" of an S&S-Sansei coaster modelled to go right in the spot of

the parks Premier water coaster "Vonkaputous" which has been SBNO for most of 2016 and 2017, and this coaster had its loading platform around where the vekkula funhouse currently is. Does this support the idea that we're getting this coaster soon?