TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

Awesome teaser!

A couple questions though

1. What software did you use to make the teaser video?

2. Where will Super Cyclone be located?

1. Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro specifically)

2. Super cyclone will be located in between the Scrambler and the wacky worm down in the lower end of the park.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only been to this park once and it was when i was 9 back in the summer of 1999. I remember enjoying it a lot! However as an adult wonder if it would feel the same. Its good to know "thrill" rides are coming back to the park after it closed down all those years. Wonder if it would be worth it to go as an adult though. Honestly if anything it would be a fun trip to plan around my baby/toddler cousins. I mean just imagine going with friends when honestly we can just simply get a pass for Great America and go there as many times as we want after paying for the pass. I mean why go here when i can go to Great America??? but at the same time i have this strange curiosity to try this place out again one day. Its a weird and silly dilemma really.... It comes down to the simple question is it worth the money, miles, gas money,and time to go??

If you need huge looping coasters, just go to Great America. If you have an appreciation for detail, excellent service, and rides that don't look "as scary" but provide excellent thrills (Tilt-A-Whirl, and the best drop tower in the Midwest - no really!) then do yourself a favorite and go to Santa's Village.

While i admit im not gonna travel to a park just for a Til r Wirl(i can go on one of those at my local street fests),i really do want to check out that awesome looking drop tower they have!! Drop towers are my favorite common amusement park flat ride that doesnt cost extra money either(unlike rides like Sky Scrapers,Sky coasters,and Sling Slots which i always wanted to try but cost to much extra). Also i know now there will be an "adult" coaster there too. Also if i remember the snow ball was a lot of fun it blows most Tilts and Scrabblers out of the water. There is also the swinging ship which is another favorite flat carnival ride. So all the other rides would be like an added bonus. Although I DO prefer the big giant super thrilling coasters,a lot of the rides at Santa's seems pretty fun too.

My apologies. Your questions are a little more complicated to answer. All I can say to all three is maybe. All of three of those are the types of things that we talk about while at IAAPA and our vision is constantly changing and growing!

As to the concern about having enough "adult" attractions. You guys have named a few good ones, the tilt, Xtreme Elevation (and I agree,best drop ride I've ever been on) the snowball ride and the sea dragon. But don't forget about our scrambler or even our Troika (for all you Troika enthusiasts it's the only trailer mounted Troika in the U.S.) And of course the animal exhibits too. And all of this for less than it costs to park at that other park!

In other news, we have released our 2017 operating schedule and you may notice a change. We will be open in 2017 for the holiday season! Starting Black Friday and every weekend up until Christmas we will be open! The details of our holiday event are still being finalized so look for more news throughout the year.

When we get back from a field trip to St. Louis (checking out a certain holiday event) we will have more updates on the construction progress of the Super Cyclone!

I notice some people in this thread mentioned how the drop tower is one of the best out there O.O Even better then Giant Drop? the ones at SFMM and SFGAd ? Falcon Fury? etc Compare to those ones the drop there is a small fry however i know they can pack a punch. Still if you dont mind me asking what makes this one stand out from the rest?

It obviously is no falcons fury, and my favorite drop tower is actually kings islands drop zone. This one is great though for a couple of reasons, it's so unexpected given the thrill level of everything else at the park, and also because people (especially the GP) have become so familiar with the intamin pause that the lack of one on these ARM models really catches people by surprise. It is a very fun drop ride and while not the tallest It gives the perfect amount of true free fall action. Plus it's a gatunteed walk on.

I always say "the best drop tower in the midwest." It's much better than the Intamin drop tower at Great America, the huge S&S drop towers at Cedar Point, the huge disc drop tower at Kings Island, and even the tilting drop at SFOG (I know, not the midwest). I have not yet been on the tallest ones at SFGAdventure and SFMM, but I've heard those drops simply aren't the most thrilling (aside from being very tall).

Santa's Villiage X-Treme Elevation drop has more of a "dead-weight" drop feel to it, very potent! Don't get me wrong, all the others I listed are fun too!

I would compare X-Treme Elevation (and even equate it) with the awesome drop towers at Waldameer and Knoebels, whatever manufacturer those are. They may not be as tall as the Intamin and S&S big boys, but they are much MUCH more thrilling. And comfortable. They also don't stop at the top, they just drop - and you don't know when it's coming. (Actually, if you pay close attention to the sounds the thing is making, you can predict it. For real nerds!)

Oh ok. So it pretty much drops very very quickly. I did notice when the drop towers drop you kind of float a little. Where as from what you guys said about this one its like being a boulder falling from high above. That would be interesting. I love super intense drops

We just got word from the manufacturer that the Super Cyclone is ahead of schedule and everything is going extremely well. We have finalized the colors of the ride which will be orange track with galvanized uprights. Attached is an image of the rides layout.We are so excited for this new addition and can't wait for everyone to ride it!

Time is moving quickly though, and along with our christmas event we are deep into planning what we will have in store for 2018! Just today we had a manufacturer stop by, one who's attractions are not made for the current temp outside!

We hope to have more updates to you soon. Happy Holidays!

1532416669_TrackFrontRCornerViewblueprint.thumb.jpg.9e4bd0844ab178aaf7f70ccff934669a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How adorable! Those trains are just precious. And what vibrant colors! This is probably one of the most exciting additions of 2017 for me! It is always nice to see a small park making such a big investment! And they still take great care of their classics!

These Interpark coasters give some surprising air on the first two drops. The Big E has had one of them there the past few years and I thought I saw a mirage when I saw a roller coaster in the distance driving home yesterday. Nope it was one of these Super Cyclone coasters at the Revere Carnival!