TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ Yes, they really keep up to date, with what's going on at Tokyo Disney Resort. 1-3 new articles a week, it seems.

But be sure to also check out the TDR site itself: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ Great updates on what's closed

for maintenance etc. as well as schedules for shows and entertainment. And where they show you "Japanese Language Only"

Food and Merchandise pages, go for it! The food images do speak more than one thousand Japanese characters, lol!

eastside-cafe.png.9b7b419ebde409f1887557c07f8305ce.png

New menu coming to Eastside Cafe in TDL.

Over a month's gone by since they closed the Speedway. tdrexplorer.com (thanks for

the photos!) posted some recent photos of the area now closed for (part of) the Fantasyland expansion.

img_6238-400x267@2x.jpg.06d8898b5113c50031cbbbc84bf04e90.jpg

How all the fencing looks. And that's the Speedway station I believe, right behind it.

img_6241-400x267@2x.jpg.2e869a1f387dd6381b3b9c540ab58bb6.jpg

It cuts right into ToonTown, too!

img_6322-400x267@2x.jpg.d889190356d683676becad77bfb00906.jpg

In the back, where the two show buildings will be going up, for the live theatre and the Beauty/Beast attraction.

^ Found a bit more on the new place:

More dreams are about to come true with the opening of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in World Bazaar at Tokyo Disneyland on April 21. This will be the first in-park opportunity for the popular makeovers, which have been available at the nearby Tokyo Disneyland Hotel since 2008.

The boutique opening will include a premium dress exclusive to this location, as well as a special photo studio setting for newly crowned princesses to pose with their royal subjects. The dress itself is inspired by Cinderella, with silhouettes of hearts and glass slippers, and comes with accessories to complete the look.

1841647592_ResizeofIMG_2687.JPG.336e9c4083646c23a86632c0e072ec00.JPG

Our first (and only) TDL Princess! In queue @ Queen of Hearts Restaurant.

TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this is a recent http://www.tdrexplorer.com report on the two parks'

food offerings for Easter... this blew my mind. In a very good delicious way, LOL!

Chandu Tail (Spring Special) Chicken and Cheese Curry

chandu-Easter2017.jpg.33fc7a9c185e612952e3bac7a2fb0c9a.jpg

Only during this Easter Season. And ONLY in Tokyo Disney Sea!

Yummy.

I just left TDR today but was lucky enough to stay on the 12th floor of the Sheraton. Great views of the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland expansion from there. They have demolished the speedway completely (good riddance!) and are moving a ton of dirt around. The expansion literally looks to be a quarter of the park size. It's huge!

Over in TDS, SeaRider is starting to come out from behind tarps, with a bright blue colour scheme. Soarin' is also coming along quickly. They were driving piles all day long during my visit.

We had two wet and cold days at the parks, which were very busy, despite the weather (it's spring break here). Still, strategic Fastpass usage allowed us to get on everything we wanted. Loved the refreshed Jungle Cruise at night - it really changed the experience.

Fantasmic on Tuesday was interesting. It got very, very windy after it started, so they stopped using the water screens, then couldn't get the inflatable domes back into the barges, and then skipped the fireworks. Of course, being TDR, they apologized for the modified show. We had a similar experience Monday when they pulled the dancers from Dreamlights mid-route due to rain, but kept all the floats going.

IMG_4900.thumb.JPG.25a87f817e0d6b3900eea39baaf29ede.JPG

Fantasyland expansion

I made that mistake, I got treated to time off in March thinking it would be quiet after always wanting to go in "off-peak" and hit 3 hour lines across the board for TDS. Next time will probably aim for Korean thanksgiving in the fall over March or Summer/Christmas weeks. Interestingly enough although the park stayed rammed even in the rain, a blizzard rolled through in the morning and even though the park started packed people had deserted the park by mid-day. I saw 5 minutes for Splash Mountain and Winnie the Pooh with the longest line was Monster's at 45 minutes in the afternoon.

Edited by Garet

Yeah, it was an oops on my part. But it meant a week less of missing school for my kids, so the timing was a compromise. Still, at TDS we did Tower, Journey, 20,000 Leagues x 2, Sinbad x 2, Indy x 2, Aquatopia, carrousel, and Fortress Explorations, plus a break at the hotel and Fantasmic. I can't complain! TDL was similar - we missed Space and Splash but hit all the other D and E tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a new article on the Ground Breaking Ceremony for the new

Fantasyland-Tomorrowland areas, scheduled to open in 2020. Here's the link to the whole article...

(And yes the date of the article is correct - in Japanese time.)

http://tdrexplorer.com/groundbreaking-ceremony-launches-new-tokyo-disneyland-development/

And a couple of art concepts of the new Popcorn Shop that will be open in Tomorrowland as well.

With all of this ongoing construction happening from now till 2020, David and I have reassessed our

future trip plans, now considering....2021 to finally get back to TDLR. Wish it wasn't going to be so long.

But with current income, timing, etc., it's the best travel plan, for now.

popcorn-shop2020a.jpg.ffa1d7e9636f8c66020c3084afbbbba0.jpg

A simple design, I must say.

popcorn-shop2020b.jpg.2c404fc5347b40037937afb72314071f.jpg

Oooh my. All those popcorn buckets on the shelves, there. Cool! The overhead light fixture looks awesome, too.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Here's an overall look at the new Beauty & Beast "Land," but also with the new Big Hero 6 attraction there, too!

I didn't notice it until I looked again. At first, I thought it was a new eating area (purple tables?) in there, somewhere.

Happily, not to be.

(And the future Popcorn Shop appears to be at the top left of the Big Hero 6 attraction.)

overall-view.jpg.f4e6020580f5f41f12026fb3ef1d150f.jpg

What looks like a restaurant above, there...isn't one! It's the future Big Hero 6 attraction. (o:

^^ Happy to post them! And if you start saving a bit here and there, in no time at all,

you'll be there! I needed more time to get there myself, so I am taking 4 more years to save up.

It will be so worth it, when you finally make it there.

overall-view2020b.jpg.04aff7a0c0294e94177608cf0a7f8f1e.jpg

Belle gets her own home! A new meeting place for the Beauty, who eventually loves a Beast.

(I wonder if her father Maurice, will be there too?) Opening in 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

^ ooooo it all looks very nice, there. Thanks for sharing your recent visit!

It's going to be a few more years for us to get back there, but I am looking

forward to riding this updated version of the old-style simulator theatre... updated a lot!

Tokyo Disney Resort has released their recent merchandise and food during the current Easter Season there.

And I found this, as it honors the opening of the new Nemo & Friends SeaRider attraction in May.

I love it! I luvs me TOMICA Tokyo Disney cars and vehicles.

(TOMICA cars/attraction vehicles are to me now, what CORGI toy cars and vehicles were to me,

as a kid. And I still have that lovely VALHALLA Double Decker Bus ~ a Corgi, given to us on the

"official" first TPR Tour from BPB, through the UK in 2006 ~ around here.....somewhere.)

tomica02.jpg.738151e578d8087aef6ce64da5ad6825.jpg

It's a Disney Resort Cruise Line Bus! Nemo-ed!

389028413_ResizeofIMG_3084.JPG.e50139d9b6313d5261ebde801e03e52c.JPG

What TOMICAs I picked up in my last TDLR visit - on the TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

M04_Collectibles_Souvenirs.jpg.309d901b39d54a7f9daee2f2be3018e8.jpg

My first TOMICA haul (on the right-centre of the pic) - TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tdrexplorer.com is reporting, that soft openings have started with the new Nemo & Friends SeaRider attraction in TDS.

It officially opens on May 12, but they advise, "if you see a lot of cast members milling about, by the attraction,

chances are good that a soft opening might happen, if you stick close by." They waited about 10-15 minutes

and were rewarded with a first-ride in the attraction.

nemo-friends-soft-opening-report.jpg.f01b19359d7724e99fc5b79bf73957c8.jpg

Opening May 12th, in Tokyo Disney Sea.

Soft openings have indeed begun, and I just so happened to be there when they had the ride fully open to the public:

IMG_1040.thumb.JPG.3f4c74f8147c0335fd711c7bcc4e874e.JPG

Advertised two hours, but fortunately ended up being just over one.

IMG_1039.JPG.7bb9ceab1b101c3122cf478650878391.JPG

View from the extended queue...

IMG_1042.JPG.f17e36de5ac1c428c51efac464e3f155.JPG

Even more extended queues waiting to be used. With Golden Week and the grand opening, that extended area should see plenty of traffic for a while!

IMG_1045.JPG.89cce7754004e8484ab6cc29638e1874.JPG

Every so often, a small stream of air bubbles would appear in the harbor and travel out to "sea", a nice little touch hinting at the ride inside. Best photo I could get of it.

IMG_1046.thumb.JPG.c34df4ee8d6a0a119cb598208b0bdb23.JPG

Obligatory sign shot.

IMG_1047.JPG.bee159651fd67b2af82a061528a3dda9.JPG

Just before heading in. Since it's still technically in soft opening, they did not allow any photos past this point. Personal review to follow...

Okay, my personal thoughts:

Like Sinbad on the other end of the park, this was a family friendly revamp done right. People were absolutely loving it, and the end of the ride brought cheers and applause from almost everyone I rode with. It's right up Ride and Go Seek's alley in terms of tone and style, and a good fit for rounding out DisneySea's family friendly offerings. If Disney wanted to give this new life, they definitely succeeded.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have to start checking CHURROS out, when I'm next at Tokyo Disney Resort...

~ Photo from http://www.tdrexplorer.com ~

And to answer to:

I hope something like this will come to Disneyland Paris eventually.

I doubt anything like this will come DLPR. The one big area that they still DO have, is the section of land in

Adventureland, roughly between the Indy coaster, and Pirates of. There are rumors of maybe an actual

NEW Jungle Cruise (!), or maybe another Indy/Adventures dark ride instead.

But that's the area I'm hoping they're considering.

In my humble opinion.

churroNemo2017.jpg.c3d28f5f4c569e117b8298fa53359184.jpg

Orange churros! (o: Photo from tdrexplorer.com, thanks!

popcorn-bucket-Nemo2017.jpg.36c6ae11bb167d6d3f37ee87a3954d66.jpg

There's also a Nemo POPCORN BUCKET, of course.

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a new list of June Merchandise available ONLY at Tokyo Disney Stores in June.

Not in the parks OR Bon Voyage...but in Ikspiari mall, the Disney Store that's there...yes they do!

These items are only available on the Disney Store Japan website (ships within Japan only) and Disney Stores across Japan. Including the Disney Store in Ikspiari at Tokyo Disney Resort. They are not in the Parks or Bon Voyage.

Here are, my three favourites of the bunch....

ear-phones-600x600.jpg.bdb4cfc7f3e0fe6ab083c09259cb877e.jpg

Earphones, all with a Donald theme, as was everything else, LOL!

sholder-belt-600x600.jpg.961c3019f0b54e9c0841f792ed785f18.jpg

What they call "shoulder belt"....Suspenders! Kind of! I think! Now I'm not so sure! Eep!

usb-fan-600x600.jpg.a4370701d6d84fce45c1eb8a0a1623f6.jpg

And...a "USB Fan." ... I love it! And I would buy it too! (o:

• 1 month later...