TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...
Gotcha. About how far does the train drop down the lift? The original speed, 6.8 mph seems really slow and doesn't seem like it's actually falling far. I can run 6.8 mph if I really try! Lol. 24.6 mph is obviously faster but still seems like a pretty small drop. Regardless, it's still my most anticipated coaster I'm riding later this year. It's a pretty "unknown" coaster here in the states, as most European rides are, but even my "coaster friendly" friends had no idea about it.

I believe the unit conversions may be slightly wrong. 5 m/s is 11 mph. So the ride's speed is increasing from 11 mph to 24.6 mph.

That's crazy that there's a drop on the lift hill. Gotta get that here in the states!

Gotcha. About how far does the train drop down the lift? The original speed, 6.8 mph seems really slow and doesn't seem like it's actually falling far. I can run 6.8 mph if I really try! Lol. 24.6 mph is obviously faster but still seems like a pretty small drop. Regardless, it's still my most anticipated coaster I'm riding later this year. It's a pretty "unknown" coaster here in the states, as most European rides are, but even my "coaster friendly" friends had no idea about it.

I believe the unit conversions may be slightly wrong. 5 m/s is 11 mph. So the ride's speed is increasing from 11 mph to 24.6 mph.

That's crazy that there's a drop on the lift hill. Gotta get that here in the states!

You are indeed correct. I must have accidentally calculated mph first and put it into place for kmh and calculated the wrong mph from the wrong kmh. Edited my numbers accordingly.

Wow that's an amazing news! I LOVED LOVED and LOVED KARNAN..

It's by far my favorite roller coaster.. even if there are better layouts out there, it's the most unique ride I have ever been on, it's such an experience, not just a coaster.

Can't wait to go back there this season and ride again this monster with the updated free-fall speed

• 3 weeks later...

KÄRNAPULTEN will open either at the end of this month or early May as confirmed by this month's newsletter, but the themening will be running a bit behind and be completed during the off-season.

KLEINE ZAR will open with the park next week but the themening won't be completed until late spring.

9466061d1490999048-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_1058.jpg

KÄRNAN's new drop system has been fully tested and the exterior themening is nearing completion.

9466008d1490998173-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_1066.jpg

9466010d1490998177-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_1071.jpg

9466009d1490998175-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_1070.jpg

Now that the park's open for the season we get a close look at Kärnapulten

9467388d1491584642-2017-neuheit-kaernapulten-sky-fly-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_8309.jpg

9467389d1491584642-2017-neuheit-kaernapulten-sky-fly-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_8310.jpg

9467425d1491635536-2017-neuheit-kaernapulten-sky-fly-gerstlauer-hansa-park-17834999_1474859145889718_795836236675923295_o.jpg

The new bounce mat

9467404d1491586566-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_8312.jpg

The flower pads around SuperSplash have been replaced with sand

9467405d1491586620-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_8305.jpg

The Mexico area has been renamed Spain

9467413d1491587131-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_8293.jpg

Kleine Zar is up and running (theming will be finished later in the season)

9467401d1491586337-2017-neuheiten-und-veraenderungen-hansa-park-img_8294.jpg

Kärnan's backside

9467394d1491585019-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_8321.jpg

Painting has begun inside the tower

9467397d1491585260-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-img_8313.jpg

Everything is looking fantastic! Hansa was far and away the surprise hit on my trip last year. Can't wait to get a chance to return and experience Karnan in it's full finished glory! It's already my favorite ride but with the new lift tech going into effect and having the full queue (really a walk-through attraction in itself) ready to go will be incredible!

Speaking of Karnan's finished version, is there any word on A/V effects in the lift? The music and SFX that were in place were practically begging for animatronics and/or screen effects.

Everything is looking fantastic! Hansa was far and away the surprise hit on my trip last year. Can't wait to get a chance to return and experience Karnan in it's full finished glory! It's already my favorite ride but with the new lift tech going into effect and having the full queue (really a walk-through attraction in itself) ready to go will be incredible!

Speaking of Karnan's finished version, is there any word on A/V effects in the lift? The music and SFX that were in place were practically begging for animatronics and/or screen effects.

I rode it two days ago, the effects in the tower is the same as last year, however you definately notice that the drop is longer! And the new queue is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there, I will go back to the park in two days and I have some questions.

First of all, the last time I went to the park I wasn't able to ride Karnan in the first row as they assigne you random seats and everytime in unpredictable. I was asking if there's a sort of combination to memorize or if it's random every ride (or day, i don't know) ? If the combination is always the same, where do I have to stand for the first row?

The second question is, is it true that they removed the single rider line? People have told me that but it seems strange to me.