TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Park at OWA Discussion Thread

Does Zamperla make Wooden Coasters? Maybe they could build a Mine Train like Tren Bravo at Terra Mitica (Hybrid Structure)

They do the maintenance for Cyclone @ Coney Island (considering they run every ride at that park), which may mean they could at some point.

Does Zamperla make Wooden Coasters? Maybe they could build a Mine Train like Tren Bravo at Terra Mitica (Hybrid Structure)

They do the maintenance for Cyclone @ Coney Island (considering they run every ride at that park), which may mean they could at some point.

Pretty sure they brought in GCI to retrack it.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques. Plus it looks to have a pretty solid flat line up! A Vertical Swing, Endeavor, Midi Discovery Revolution, Air Race, Disco Coaster, Wave Swinger, Windstar. Plus their Wild Mouse coasters are fun! Can't wait to visit!

Eh, i saw 3 more rides put up but the rolling thunder supports are still laid out and i haven't seen a piece of track near it.

Probably haven't come yet. To be honest Zamperla probably tossed a bunch of random pieces for different rides in a shipping container then sent it. I think Rollin' Thunder, the Wild Mouse, and the kiddie coasters will be some of the last rides to be assembled.

• 2 weeks later...
Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast. Anyway I have seen the artist rendition and it looks great. I only live 30 minutes from there so will be keeping up with the construction. It doesn't hurt that we have friends who live a block away so I have told her to give me routine updates.

"30" i live 10 minutes from there and it's right across from the mall!

I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques.

Personally I found the whining about Thunderbolt to be overblown. We rode it in September and really enjoyed it. We didn't find it rough at all.

I'm really kinda looking forward to this project. Not just because of the coasters and the park involved but this area of the country is one that a lot of people maybe haven't been to or think of when it comes to beach vacation destinations but the whole west side of the Florida pan handle/Alabama coast is really a pretty nice area. Gives me an excuse to go back again for a long weekend sometime.

I keep hearing people say they didn't like Thunderbolt at Luna Park but I thought it was a great ride. The restraints were a little funky but it didn't bother me. I would have rode it more than once if it didn't cost $10 a ride. I look forward to this clone cause I'm hoping I can get multiple rides on it without having to spend a fortune.

I keep hearing people say they didn't like Thunderbolt at Luna Park but I thought it was a great ride. The restraints were a little funky but it didn't bother me. I would have rode it more than once if it didn't cost $10 a ride. I look forward to this clone cause I'm hoping I can get multiple rides on it without having to spend a fortune.

All that matters is if it'll be a good ride or not. just depending on the restraints, (hoping there comftorable) i'm going on opening day.

• 3 weeks later...
I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques.

Personally I found the whining about Thunderbolt to be overblown. We rode it in September and really enjoyed it. We didn't find it rough at all.

Not at all. Once you learn how to ride Thunderbolt it actually has a really intense and unique layout. After that funky turnaround the airtime hills provide crazy ejector air.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...