TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Post your Favorite Song!

RCT3Freak

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire album of DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, and Animals, and then Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2, Learning to Fly, See Emily Play, On the Turning Away, If, Summer '68, Fat Old Sun, Hey You, and High Hopes all by Pink Floyd. Then Free Bird, Simple Man, Tuesday's Gone, and Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd, Under Pressure by Queen, Over the Hills and Far Away, Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, and Ramble On, by Led Zeppelin and Hotel California and House of the Risnig Sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Some songs I have gotten into as of recent since my last post:

Of Mice & Men - Second and Sebring

Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Bring Me the Horizon: Chelsea Smile

Capital Cities: Safe and Sound

Walk the Moon: Anna Sun

Thousand Foot Krutch: Be Somebody, Step to Me

Pop Evil: 100 in a 55

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like music that is introspective and philosophical, and my tastes have changed as I've gone through different stages in my life. At the moment, here are a few that really speak to me:

Belle & Sebastian - "If She Wants Me": This is probably the most honest evaluation of human relationships ever put into a song. It's not a love song or a breakup song; it's a song about difficulties in a relationship. The protagonist wants to badly to be the best at something, but finds happiness in giving up that goal and learning to be happy about being just good enough.

Spiritualized - "Don't Just Do Something": The song is filled with inverted witticisms; the title line is "Don't just do something; sit around instead sometimes." I have a tendency to worry, overplan, and overthink; this song is a wonderful reminder to me to slow down and take time to relax and enjoy things.

Pulp - "Bob Lind": This song is a brilliant reminder that everyone, ahem, messes up. This is a great mood lifter when I just can't seem to get anything right.

Depeche Mode - "A Pain That I'm Used To": This is a great song for stress release. It acknowledges that suffering is ever-present and cannot be eliminated no matter how hard one works. The protagonist learns to accept the devil he knows, as suffering is at least made easier by knowing what to expect.

The Mars Volta - "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)": A ghost story in beautiful poetic verse, set to some of the best progressive rock ever composed. It's part of a rock opera, but stands well on its own. The protagonist is in a coma brought on by morphine overdose and imagines he is being chased by an insectoid spectre. The dreamscape parallels his own past decisions and present addiction.

Mine switches constantly, so I can't stick with just one, but these usually come back to the top for me:

"Stare at the Sun" - Thrice

"CAFO" - Animals as Leaders

"Piercing The Fog" - The Blizzard

"Greece 2000" - Three Drives (on a Vinyl)

This one:

The Mars Volta - "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)": A ghost story in beautiful poetic verse, set to some of the best progressive rock ever composed. It's part of a rock opera, but stands well on its own. The protagonist is in a coma brought on by morphine overdose and imagines he is being chased by an insectoid spectre. The dreamscape parallels his own past decisions and present addiction.

The Mars Volta is such a great band, shame they broke up.

• 4 weeks later...
The unseen cover of paint it black

Old post, but I'll concur that this is pretty rad. Even though the original is epic.

Yeah I have always liked the original. This punk version just does the song so much justice.

I think recently I have been leaning more towards Metallica - Battery as my favorite song.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...