TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Ugh. I really want one of these VR Headsets to fly off and kill a small child or nun or dog or something so we stop this trend worldwide!!!!

I'm sure we will see a Chinese version soon so chances of it happening are pretty good I'd say...

Please note:

A virtual reality-ride in the Demon is optional and will cost 25 DKK in addition to the normal ticket price.

Is this something different than what other parks are doing with VR? Charging extra for it?

Please note:

A virtual reality-ride in the Demon is optional and will cost 25 DKK in addition to the normal ticket price.

Is this something different than what other parks are doing with VR? Charging extra for it?

Europa-Park does it as well, if I remember correctly from my last visit.

Since I live in Copenhagen and since I've never tried one of these VR rides before I'll try it once before I make up my mind. I can't say that I'm very excited since the graphics on the other rides looks like an uninspiring game that came for free with your copy of Windows 95.

Please note:

Charging extra for it helps cut down on the queue and maintenance for the VR. It worked well at Europa.

• 9 months later...

^ How did the VR for that work out? Anybody?

In the mean time... (from Screamscape)

2018 - 175th Anniversary / Jubilee Parade - (11/10/17) In 2018 the famous Tivoli Gardens park in Copenhagen will celebrate its 175th anniversary with a "Jubilee Parade," and as part of the celebration, Walt Disney World will actually help the park celebrate by contributing designs for a custom parade float called "Friendship Garden," themed to Disney's own "it's a small world" attraction. The reason is that Walt Disney was quite fond of Tivoli Gardens, and visited it quite often to find inspiration to design his very own theme park. To that end, Disney is more than happy to help Tivoli celebrate such a major milestone achievement.

That's great, with Tivoli and Disney working together on something.

• 2 months later...

As Tivoli Gardens opens for its 175th season in 2018, a new spinning ride will replace Snureetoppen, (Huss Breakdance). The new ride named Tik Tak, is a Mondial Shake R5). The Shake R5 model is more common on the fair circuit than in amusement parks. The press release is linked and attached below

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/om/presse/pressemeddelelser/2018/snurretoppens+afloeser+i+tivoli

Tik Tak, Tivoli's new ride for 2018 is Dutch

Tivoli's new ride in its 175-year jubilee year will be named Tik Tak. It has been manufactured by Dutch company Mondial (Shake R5) and replaces the Spinning Top ride (Breakdance, from Huss), which carried almost 14 million visitors during its 29 years in Tivoli. Tik Tak opens on 24 March 2018.

From 24 March, visitors to Tivoli can try out a new ride which will entertain both thrill-seekers and families with children. As with all Tivoli rides, Tik Tak's design was created especially for the style-conscious amusement park by Tivoli's in-house design department. The design theme is similar to that of the Star Flyer and Aquila in the area known as the Merry Corner, which is strongly inspired by the idea of a journey of discovery, whether in the stars, in the world of science or in time.

When visitors board Tik Tak, they will sit among gears, gadgets and ingenious mechanisms, ready for a journey through space and time. In this time travel ride, our securely seated visitors glide – although some may feel more as if they are thrown – through time. Dizziness is almost guaranteed once the giant clockwork mechanism starts swinging.

Visitors are rotated both vertically and horizontally at high speed, while being exposed to forces approaching 4G. The ride has a capacity of up to 750 visitors per hour.

Mondial Shake in a theme park, awesome! They're one of my top flat rides. While it'd be nice if Breakdances were a little more common, this is a worthwhile upgrade in my book, if it's run the way I'd hope it is.

Edit: the above video has instigated some serious reflection with regards to my life decisions up to this point, specifically why none of them have led to my attendance at even one (1) European fair.

• 6 months later...

this was on Screamscape.com...

Park News - (8/15/18) Happy Birthday wishes to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen today! If you can believe it, Tivoli turns 175 years old today after opening way back in 1843. That certainly is an event worth celebrating with the reverence as Tivoli is essentially the grandfather of all theme parks and even served as the inspiration to Walt Disney when he first began his plans to build Disneyland.

happybirthdaybeer.jpg.de7eddbdac830141ee243f9f5e9db2c8.jpg

It looks like Extasy now has some competition for the title of "best-looking permanent flat ride at night". The gears of a clock are the perfect theme for this kind of ride too!

• 4 months later...

Amusement park in Denmark replaces two classic roller coasters

070119odin1.jpg.7ad19faf66d200f0f51fa197c7ff02a2.jpg

Two old roller coasters in a Danish amusement park will be replaced this year. Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen will close the powered coaster Odinexpressen and the children's roller coaster Karavanen. Two new roller coasters will replace them.

In 34 years time the three hundred meter long rollercoaster Odinexpressen, built by the German manufacturer Mack Rides, made almost thirty million trips. The top speed was 60 kilometers per hour. The same company supplies the replacement Mælkevejen ('Milky Way'), which becomes higher and quieter. The opening will take place in the Christmas season of 2019. There will also be a new station building.

Roller coaster Caravanen opened in 1999. The modest attraction in oriental style was sixty meters long and just over three meters high. At the start of the summer season in April there is a new, longer children's roller coaster at that place, with the same name.

The park also invests in new, modern bumper cars and a water playground. The existing Fatamorgana attraction - a 45-meter-high tower with rotating gondolas - will be slightly more spectacular thanks to the addition of tilting seats.

Because of the limited space, Tivoli Gardens regularly breaks down attractions. Last year the break dance attraction Snurretoppen had to clear the field.

070119odin2.jpg.ac8584548a6e05cbb4c5c0d1cdc5d90f.jpg

070119odin3.jpg.0f273687e54013a7820c0cd04d10c6e7.jpg

070119odin4.jpg.48ddefd5e9095f09eb97f7abc01a41d7.jpg

Source

Odinexpressen was in my very humble opinion, one of The Fastest Powered Coasters

I remember ever riding, in my TPR travels. Ever. It was a real adrenalin ride.

And Caravanen was sweet, really short (almost Teeny Tiny in Tusenfryd!) but had one corner

on it that really whipped you around, LOL! The artwork for the new one looks great.

Thanks for posting the new news!

Odinexpressen was in my very humble opinion, one of The Fastest Powered Coasters

I remember ever riding, in my TPR travels. Ever. It was a real adrenalin ride.

And Caravanen was sweet, really short (almost Teeny Tiny in Tusenfryd!) but had one corner

on it that really whipped you around, LOL! The artwork for the new one looks great.

Thanks for posting the new news!

Odinexpressen was GREAT in 2014! I loved how they waved as you flew by in the station for the 2nd trip. They were also doing that in 2016 when I went back!

My thoughts on that, was that they'd possibly/probably replace the two current circles of seats,

with new circles that have tilting seats. Easy? Don't know. We'll find out, I guess.

Tilting seats? How are they going to do that?

I remember one of these being announced last year or the year before, but I don't remember where.

EDIT: It looks like the proposed changes to Fatamorgana were proposed back in 2015, that's why is seemed so familiar to me. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638531#p1638531

Edited by larrygator

I remember one of these being announced last year or the year before, but I don't remember where.

EDIT: It looks like the proposed changes to Fatamorgana were proposed back in 2015, that's why is seemed so familiar to me. https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638531#p1638531

Fatamorgana itself is a spin-off of the Condor flat ride, with two arms of outward-facing floorless seats in addition to two arms with the "regular" tubs, and it was built that way new.

I'm curious about the new tilt seats because of the way the outward-facing seats are currently set up. The way they designed the seats / molds / shells in the circle makes it look like they're basically going to have to replace the entire assembly for each arm. Not that they can't do it, mind you (they certainly can), but those sorts of little changes are fascinating to me.