Which of these Chicken Restaurants do you like the best?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Which of these Chicken Restaurants do you like the best?

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:55 pm

I remember with KFC (aka, Kentucky Fried Chicken) used to be good.

It was good enough for the CIA in Goldfinger.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 pm

For me, it's Chick-fil-A. One just opened up a couple of weeks ago near my sister's house in Grand Rapids and I've been there. It was really good. They are extremely organized! There was a line out through the parking lot to the main road (CFA's entrance is off a side road behind a Bob Evans) and I was through there in less than a half hour. There were people stationed in the line with iPads taking orders and more people taking the money before the drive thru window. I would imagine it was moving smoothly inside as well even though the line was to the door. Onto the food, my sister and I had chicken nuggets (which are nothing like the nuggets other fast food places sell) which were yummy!

Of the other places, I've only had KFC. Zaxby's, Church's, and Raising Cane's don't have any locations within 200 miles of me (as far as I know). I've never had Popeye's despite there being at least one location in Grand Rapids (it's in a part of town that I don't get to often).
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Given the fact that there are so many decent chicken wing options available in Western NY, I would rather blow my cholesterol readings eating good wings than visit any of the chain chicken restaurants.

I can't even remember the last time that I ate KFC...maybe when I was like 16?

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm

I feel compelled to upgrade my opinion of KFC. I had previously been unaware of Chicken Littles, which are perfectly edible. They got nothing on Chick-fil-A*, though.

*I still don't know how to spell this. Apparently I can spell it now, but I had to Google the precise formatting.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby bert425 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 am

VERY rarely, I'll eat at Raising Cain's, or PDQ (not sure if this one is only local or not). . .

but for years, since I discovered it while in Atlanta (and they have a location in Little Rock that I've eaten at, and one in downtown Austin that we eat at often). . my favorite is "Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken"

http://gusfriedchicken.com/

there's only one way they make it. . spicy as hell. . and it is so, so good.

the sides are great too (Potato Salad, corn, beans, slaw, Fried Green Tomatoes, Okra, Fried pickles, etc. . ), and the Chess Pie is among the best version I've ever had.

so yeah. . .Gus'

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm assuming that this commercial is in the U.S. as well as in Canada, but there's this new commercial for KFC "supposedly" explaining why the word "Chicken" couldn't be used in years-gone-by commercials. Which of course, the chicken growers laugh at.

What I remember, is that KFC started sticking to the initials, because they wanted to avoid using the word FRIED. Which was a sort-of no-no in good food eating, way back when. Still is, I guess.

But, IMhO, this current commercial is crap. :Pr

P.S. ^ Gus' chicken looks awesome, Bert!

P.P.S. And we still like Church's the best, and avoid Chic-Fil-A like The (anti gay) Plague.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Although there are no longer any locations in New York City, I miss Bojangles. Great seasoning.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 am

larrygator wrote:Although there are no longer any locations in New York City, I miss Bojangles. Great seasoning.

Bojangle's is God.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pandora's Box » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:25 am

Probably KFC - I think I haven't been to two of those mentioned in the list. Chick-Fil-A's sandwiches are pretty good though, wouldn't call it marvelous fare but it's still a cut above. Popeye's is pretty nice, too. :)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 am

Nrthwnd wrote:and avoid Chic-Fil-A like The (anti gay) Plague.

Agreed. I haven't been in a Chik-Fil-A since the incident.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random