TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ Could you imagine being stuck, right in front of Lava Monster at JTHCOTE, in TDS?

(And LM has a back up generator to keep going and going and going and...)

That'd be awesome. What would suck is being stuck right next to that goddamn lightning strike if it keeps going. I'd jump every time.

And... I just saw this in Screamscape.com.....

Summer 2017 - Tokyo Disney Electrical Parade Dream Lights - (8/17/16) According to a post on the Tokyo Disneyland Resort Blog they have confirmed that the "Tokyo Disney Electrical Parade Dream Lights" will be "renewed" and relaunched in July 2017, with the addition of five new floats. There will be a new Frozen themed float with Anna and Elsa, two new floats themed to Beauty and the Beast (Belle and Beast) and two themed to Cinderella (Cinderella and Prince Charming).

(I am hoping that me and David will be making it back to TDLR in 2018, so this'll be awesome!)

DreamLights.jpg.8558e5024227ba7657529258a71e35e4.jpg

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update on the return of the Electrical Parade at TDL, thanks to http://www.insidethemagic.net

And lastly, coming on July 11, 2017 will be a refreshed version of the Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights featuring “an icy castle float with Anna and Elsa from Frozen” as well as new floats for classic characters like Cinderella and a welcome return of the coveted Beauty and the Beast float (which has been absent since 2011).

Electrical-Parade-Dreamlights-2017-Update-Concept-Art-599x600.jpg.2664ce9184a1031b769d85683f1131e0.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this on the Tokyo Disney Resort site, all in Tomorrowland...

Grand Circuit Raceway (to close permanently on January 11, 2017)

Space Place Food Port (to close permanently on October 10, 2017)

Lite Bite Satellite (to close permanently on October 10, 2017)

Looks like the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland renovations are starting in earnest, next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a couple of months late, but.....

Happy 15th Birthday, Tokyo Disney Sea!

You are a wonderful park (and Resort), which I/we hope to visit again, and again... and again!

P.S. Any news and/or photos of any new construction starting in the Resort?

106924506_ResizeofIMG_2761.JPG.b744e40ec791a375486d61c3df1b1c80.JPG

Me & David, with Elissa and Robb in a TDS shop. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Some recent Soarin' construction pics at tdrexplorer: tdrexplorer.com/construction-of-soarin-at-tokyo-disneysea-begins/

Can't wait to visit once it's done, but I have to say that 2019 seems very distant considering that it's only one attraction whose physical structure I assume will be more or less a clone of the already existing ones.

Regarding the other future projects I'm disappointed that the proposed Alice area has been axed but I'm very excited to hear that Frozen land (whatever it will be called) is still a go.

^ Great site! Thanks for sharing the link there. And yeah, I'm bummed out too that Alice won't happen, either.

That seems to be a pretty elusive attraction to clone, after all these years. Hopefully, one of these years, they're going

to create a trackless, multi level, interactive dark ride... Down the Rabbit Hole or Through The Looking Glass.

^ Great site! Thanks for sharing the link there. And yeah, I'm bummed out too that Alice won't happen, either.

That seems to be a pretty elusive attraction to clone, after all these years. Hopefully, one of these years, they're going

to create a trackless, multi level, interactive dark ride... Down the Rabbit Hole or Through The Looking Glass.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of (the original!) Alice in Wonderland, and the ride in Disneyland. It would be awesome to get to experience a new modern attraction based on the original movie. I say again: Tim Burton characters stay in Shanghai! This was not meant for you.

• 1 month later...

^ Well maybe one of the Asian parks will get an updated, supercharged "clone" of this attraction. Eventually.

(I wish.)

And yes, based on the original Disney animated movie, not the Tim Burton one(s), although I did enjoy them both.

Found this posted at TDRexplorer.com .....

"The Tower of Terror is a thrill ride in the American Waterfront port of call in Tokyo DisneySea. Unlike its American counterpart, its theme is not based on The Twilight Zone. But, has its own storyline that fits with the American Waterfront.

During the winter months (January to the beginning of March) at Tokyo Disney Resort — the slowest time of the year — a special limited time version called Tower of Terror: Level 13 “Shadow of Shiriki” takes over the attraction."

http://tdrexplorer.com/what-is-tower-of-terror-level-13-shadow-of-shiriki/

tower-of-terror-level-13.jpg.895a1f36afd65e6645345466e293b242.jpg

More drops, more special effects, more Shiriki!

New stuff from TDRexplorer.com ...

The newest restaurant at Tokyo Disneyland opens on March 25, 2017, in Tomorrowland. “Plazma Ray’s Diner” is a new counter service restaurant that takes the place of the former Plaza Restaurant — which closed in January 2017. The menu consists of various rice bowls and original packaging.

Plazma Ray is a small alien who owns a chain of restaurants named “Plazma Ray’s Diner” (which is well-known throughout the universe). To expand his restaurant empire, he brings his restaurant to Earth for the first time in Tokyo Disneyland. In this casual setting, his delicious delicacies bring the most fun experience you can have in the galaxy.

plazma-rays-diner.jpg.e7acf6eda7142a75d210e4fb92bdad80.jpg

Artwork and photos, thanks to TDRexplorer.com

ebi-katsu-chicken-rice-bowls-tokyo-disneyland-400x240@2x.jpg.5fa3580f71d80ccdd43698bb37d6e8f3.jpg

Shrimp/Ochi Chicken-Rice-Bowls. Um....what is Ochi?

^ I wondered that too, when they announced this new spot.

And the Pan Galactic Pizza Port is staying where it is, I assume.

PanGalacticPizzaPort.jpg.c9f4c5b5d3044fbacb7611d616ae5456.jpg

PanGalacticPizzaPort-tony-solaroni.jpg.f7d77f6c13105e03df25e1fbcbc3d4a8.jpg

Pan Galactic Pizza Port - with Toni Solaroni at the controls!

PanGalacticPizzaPort-tony.jpg.88b895574d4d46c55ce8ca11e9a7d976.jpg

This is Toni Solaroni.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Disney Resort has the Tower of Terror "under wraps" for awhile, tdrexplorer.com just posted

some photos (from Jan.) of the ongoing re-building of Discovery Bay's StormRider, and it's wrapped-up

condition, into a Nemo-themed attraction (with all of Nemo's friends as well), for a May Opening.

By the way ~ http://www.tdrexplorer.com for really great current articles on what's new, and planning trips to,

all three Asian Disney Resorts! With the heavy emphasis on Tokyo Disney Resort. Which is fine by me, lol!

nemo-friends-searider-construction-update-january-2017-1024x512.jpg.6f5832efb685b4116f3483ea5d4279e9.jpg

All photos from tdrexplorer.com ~ Thankyou!

nemo-friends00.jpg.fb84982db86fdf7f72af8900844cb877.jpg

nemo-friends01.jpg.c4075ecd9afd478e35285d61fd5d1c8f.jpg

nemo-and-friends.png.864e6ad14eb26f093f5e2ac14ae53552.png

The finished (art) work. I hope to be enjoying it next year, with David for our 46th Anniversary! (o:

^^It looks like that site will come in very handy when it comes to trip planning. Having been blown away by Disneyland the other week, these two parks are really getting me excited to do. My goal is to get over there next year if things work out!