TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

As a Ranger Fan, I couldn't be happier this morning. I will say that this was the best series of the playoffs so far. I can only hope that NYR-TBL and CHI-ANA are as good.

To any neutral observing NHL Fans, you can't ask for anything better than Game 7 OT Hockey. (Quote originally from dandaman on Facebook)

New York Rangers in 5.

Chicago Blackhawks in 6.

Your predictions?

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's better than one Conference Final Game 7?

TWO Game 7's!

First time since 2000 that both conference finals took 7. While I whiffed on the series lengths, I'm still sticking with my original prediction. Hoping it sets up a fun SCF as I'm a Rangers fan and the fiancée is a Hawks fan.

Rangers and Blackhawks

I don't care who wins tomorrow, if the Rangers don't win tonight hockey will cease to exist for me. That being said, I'd certainly prefer the Ducks.

EDIT: welp, my worst fear was realized. Rangers season is over.

I know there are a lot of Rangers fans on here, but I personally am happy to see Tampa Bay make the Finals. I would prefer them playing Anaheim as that is another team that doesn't make it all that often.

Hoping for the Bolts to take it in 6 games!

A friend of mine really summed it up recently with the following quote.

"With the Tampa Bay Lightning advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, most Floridians are wondering "When did we get a hockey team?".

I don't want to see the look on their face when they realize there are two!

Never let it be said that hockey players aren't the toughest SOB's in sports. Ryan McDonagh of the Rangers was playing with a broken foot, and there are reports that Marc Staal, also of NYR, was skating with a broken ankle. If I broke my foot/ankle I wouldn't get out of bed, and these guys were still going to work night in and out. That's dedication.

• 4 months later...

Big Red Wings fan here. Larkin is going to be a real good player. Nobody that young ever makes the team. The present and the future seem to be bright.

I live in Buffalo, so the Sabres are also a team that I like. Even though they are 0-2 so far, they are playing a lot better then last year. Defense has improved, they just need to find a way to get more pucks in the net.

Big Red Wings fan here. Larkin is going to be a real good player. Nobody that young ever makes the team. The present and the future seem to be bright.

I live in Buffalo, so the Sabres are also a team that I like. Even though they are 0-2 so far, they are playing a lot better then last year. Defense has improved, they just need to find a way to get more pucks in the net.

Great to have another Sabres fan on here!

So far, Eichel is looking like the real deal and it was nice to see O'Reilly chip in the other night for the teams first win.

You are correct in that the defense looks better, but with the injury to Lehner in the home opener, is anyone starting to wonder if Murray did the right thing by signing him (injury prone)? I have my doubts already, but the season is still early. The goaltending situation is certainly a concern...even when Lehner is healthy he hasn't looked all that good.

I was never a big fan of Lehner. He's 24 now, which is still young, but I haven't seen enough to make me believe he will be a solid starter. He looks more to me like a James Reimer, who's been stuck in backup limbo for years now. I think I would even prefer Enroth or Neuvirth, who is crushing it in Philly right now.

• 1 year later...

The way you put that makes it seem like you only want them to do good this season. Considering how long it's taken for them to get to this point, wouldn't you want to see them do good for a few years?

This is the first year that I've ever seen the Red Wings be a bottom feeder team so this feeling is new to me.

• 4 months later...

Who would of thought the Ottawa Senators would be the first team from the east to reach the Eastern Conf Finals. I really thought it would be Pens or Caps. Seriously would you really believe me if I told this at the beginning of the season. Now I really hope we get a Ottawa vs Edmonton Stanley Cup Final. At least that would put an end to Canada's Stanley Cup drought. Also hats off to Nashville for reaching the Western Conf Finals for the first time in franchise history.