TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plopsaland De Panne Discussion Thread

That looks like a lot of fun.

Just wondering here, does anybody know if a Thrill ride loving coaster loving enthusiast could have a day of fun in this park? It's always been on my radar but this might be the push needed.

Just wondering here, does anybody know if a Thrill ride loving coaster loving enthusiast could have a day of fun in this park? It's always been on my radar but this might be the push needed.

Well, it's no Cedar Point.

Still, there are 7 coasters (including the Super Splash), and on a busy day that's probably 4 to 5 hours of your day already.

As for non-coaster thrills, there's a really big log flume, a 60m wave swinger and a Disk'o Coaster. But that's about it. Everything else is for kids and families.

Well, it's no Cedar Point.

Still, there are 7 coasters (including the Super Splash), and on a busy day that's probably 4 to 5 hours of your day already.

As for non-coaster thrills, there's a really big log flume, a 60m wave swinger and a Disk'o Coaster. But that's about it. Everything else is for kids and families.

If it's not remotely CP I got to quit.

All jokes aside, thanks, that already helped me lean to the yes side. Just one question I've been to Holiday Park in 2014 (Had to ride Expedition GeForce and Sky Scream now those are coasters.) could I spend a longer time in Plopsa land the Panne? (if we exclude the 2 kiddie coaster at the Panne, I don't do kiddies.)

Anubis looks amazing as well

Anubis IS amazing! No rough at all, and the launch is certainly the best I've been on. I like it way better than Furius Baco, Desert Race or iSpeed. It's so awesome because it has a very small course, and you really wonder when you face it how the heck you'll be able to gain enough speed in that short lenght. And somehow you acheive it!

And the airtime on the top-hat is incredible.

Anubis looks amazing as well

Anubis IS amazing! No rough at all, and the launch is certainly the best I've been on. I like it way better than Furius Baco, Desert Race or iSpeed. It's so awesome because it has a very small course, and you really wonder when you face it how the heck you'll be able to gain enough speed in that short lenght. And somehow you acheive it!

And the airtime on the top-hat is incredible.

I've never been on it but every time I watch a POV I keep thinking how fast that launch must be! And then the rest of the ride basically looks like a faster dare devil dive

• 2 weeks later...

New artwork of the park's hotel, which will have a very original "theater" theme. :o

The south & east sides, which look to the city:

13475025_1192973367381929_5961561419336548014_o.thumb.jpg.f227c72cc48427f1beb90d403ef3b7e0.jpg

The other side, which is the park side:

13443229_1192973477381918_5487471645190934787_o.thumb.jpg.f3ac36957aa910deef2c7d079a681601.jpg

The lobby:

13433177_1192973340715265_2790966930360446615_o.thumb.jpg.35657bec16f3b6f0c13cfb44617cf6d6.jpg

The reception:

13442447_1192973300715269_6595560635669877215_o.thumb.jpg.5ce5911c1d3e48f79906d9a0d073d2c4.jpg

source: Plopsaland

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is finally clarity about the opening of the new wooden coaster Heidi: The Ride in Plopsaland De Panne. The rollercoaster opens in the first half of April 2017, during the Easter holidays. The Flemish theme park has just announced this in a press release.

Originally it was intended that the ride would be operational this month. Due to problems with the environmental permit for the park, the opening was postponed. Now it is clear that Heidi The Ride will open in about eight months.

The park wanted to open the rollercoaster this summer without any theming. The corresponding area Heidiland, shaped like a Swiss mountain village, would be themed later. By delaying the opening date, there is enough time to decorate the whole area.

Also, there are wooden tunnels placed in some places of the coaster. This should counteract noise.

280716tunnel.jpg.ac0559ecc3341a534058f00c634c4524.jpg

280716tunnel2.jpg.a65e5387833e082649d162d3ffa02470.jpg

Source 1

Source 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought it looked very odd, at first.

But then I thought, maybe they're figuring out a way to buffer noise plus

creating theming and scenery, (a Swiss Village?) you rush by, on it!

My five cents.

Well, it's interesting that they're boxing in the coaster, but it isn't the first time it's happened (Psyké Underground). And I'd be all for them doing something special with that setup.

I don't think they're boxing it in, they're just adding sound walls along that entire side of the layout and then a tunnel or two. Think Gold Striker.