CARS! The Car Super Thread

Cars you have, Cars you like, general automotive discussion!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: CARS! The Car Super Thread

Postby pdcon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:56 pm

My Baby... 2008 Subaru STi Sport wagon, stage 2. this car is so much fun to drive.
20160711_140157.jpg
TOP 5 COASTERS (5) EXPEDITION EVEREST DAK (4) RAIL BLAZER CGA (3) BIZZARO SFNE(2) IRON RATTLER SFFT (1) TWISTED COLLOSUS SFMM

Anyone remember the days when these were called Taglines?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Currently driving a 2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport. 68k miles, runs good, but looking to use it as a winter/beater vehicle.

Now that I have a good career and can afford it, I'm thinking about a Dodge Challenger, possibly manual Hemi. Of course I'll only drive this when the weather in the Buffalo area cooperates.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:59 pm

:lover: :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:42 pm

I'd consider myself a pretty big car enthusiast, having owned a few cars in my approximately 11 years of driving, including the following past vehicles:

1996 Mercury Mystique
2001 Ford Focus
2009 Mazda3
1998 Mercedes SLK230
2002 Mercedes SLK32 AMG
2015 Mazda3

Currently, I think I've found the ideal two vehicles to own as a pair for the young car enthusiast:
IMG_3439.JPG
"The Rocket", my Subaru WRX STI. This is my "don't touch it unless you've just washed your hands" car.
IMG_3457.JPG
"The Shadow", my Focus ST. This is my daily driver, and it's pretty much the ideal daily driver. Practical hatchback, plenty of power, comfortable and quiet on long journeys (usually to theme parks).

Postby pdcon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I'd consider myself a pretty big car enthusiast, having owned a few cars in my approximately 11 years of driving, including the following past vehicles:

1996 Mercury Mystique
2001 Ford Focus
2009 Mazda3
1998 Mercedes SLK230
2002 Mercedes SLK32 AMG
2015 Mazda3

Currently, I think I've found the ideal two vehicles to own as a pair for the young car enthusiast:

From one subaru owner to another :dude: :dude: ::wave::
TOP 5 COASTERS (5) EXPEDITION EVEREST DAK (4) RAIL BLAZER CGA (3) BIZZARO SFNE(2) IRON RATTLER SFFT (1) TWISTED COLLOSUS SFMM

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:49 pm

pdcon wrote:
xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I'd consider myself a pretty big car enthusiast, having owned a few cars in my approximately 11 years of driving, including the following past vehicles:

1996 Mercury Mystique
2001 Ford Focus
2009 Mazda3
1998 Mercedes SLK230
2002 Mercedes SLK32 AMG
2015 Mazda3

They really are amazing machines! Loving your wheels and roof rack...I'm bone stock other than a slightly illegal tint, for now. Until that loan is paid off :|

Postby pdcon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:
pdcon wrote:

1996 Mercury Mystique
2001 Ford Focus
2009 Mazda3
1998 Mercedes SLK230
2002 Mercedes SLK32 AMG
2015 Mazda3

They really are amazing machines! Loving your wheels and roof rack...I'm bone stock other than a slightly illegal tint, for now. Until that loan is paid off :|

I just installed coil overs last week. That wheel gap was killing me, Only lowerd it about 1.5 inches.. I also installed demon eyes and halos. I don't have eny extreme mods just some tastefull mods to keep my car reliable.

Your going to be so stoked once you go stage 1 (access port) it's like driving a whole new car, and best of all, no turbo lag.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:12 am

I'm anxiously awaiting the day I can get my next car. 1.) I'm tired of having a super tiny car. 2.) When you are use to change cars several few times a year, it's hard to stay in one for YEARS!! :(

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 am

Sorry or the double post, but. . .

I went and looked at a new car today, and so far I have been super pleased by it. As most of you know, I have a really bad back, and I have a LOT of back problems. The only reason I went to look at this car is because the driver's seat has the "massage seat" feature. Which, as you can imagine, means my car seat will give me a massage while I am driving. . . And when you have the back problems that I have, any type of relief is very much appreciated! The only problem with the new car is that it gets 17 mpg. . . and having a husband who drives a Tesla. . . Trying to convince him to allow me to get a car that get's awful gas millage is damn near impossible. . .

However, aside from the massaging seat, there was another feature I loved, that I wasn't expecting. . . and that was the "approach" lighting. . . Which meant as I got close to the car with the key in my pocket, it projected a "welcome mat" on the ground below the doors, and the door handles lit up with a nice soft glow! We are going to test drive it tomorrow, and if all goes well, I MIGHT.... and that's a BIG might. . . Get a new car tomorrow!!

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random