TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

This looks like it will be awesome, among the best in the world. The beginning is like SFNE Hyper (many-time world #1) but taller and faster. Then the back end and spaghetti bowl are like the praised mega-lites. I'm not about to get a picket to Poland, but I'm really excited to see what else Energylandia has planned. They're obviously trying to be a major player, not just in Poland or Europe, but in the world.

This thing is gorgeous. It looks so classic. A huge throwback to the pre I305 era, hitting all the major boxes (big steep drop, ejector air, an inversion, twisty goodness, small pops, interaction with the paths, etc) in a more traditional way a la SFNE's Superman and Holland's Goliath. I love that. It looks like it hauls through the course, and I love the return leg, it reminds me of Fury. This is like a collective iteration of all of their previous models, which I think is awesome.

I'm so curious to hear how the 4-across trains ride. And I absolutely love that this coaster is going up in Poland, bringing another country into the "coaster big leagues". I was in Krakow in 2013 and was VERY pleasantly surprised. This is awesome.

This looks spectacular. I like the design more than i305 (which I have been on in two of its incarnations - late 2010 and 2013). More airtime. Overbanks. Sustained ejector hills. The four across trains also look better than the Skyrush trains, they were good (except for the thigh crush element ...) but confusing for lots of riders, I rarely saw trains dispatched that were full, making for slower lines, and the "floorless" aspect of the wing seats didn't add much to the ride for me.

Hope Intamin builds something similar closer to this part of the planet.

This thing is gorgeous. It looks so classic. A huge throwback to the pre I305 era, hitting all the major boxes (big steep drop, ejector air, an inversion, twisty goodness, small pops, interaction with the paths, etc) in a more traditional way a la SFNE's Superman and Holland's Goliath. I love that. It looks like it hauls through the course, and I love the return leg, it reminds me of Fury. This is like a collective iteration of all of their previous models, which I think is awesome.

I'm so curious to hear how the 4-across trains ride. And I absolutely love that this coaster is going up in Poland, bringing another country into the "coaster big leagues". I was in Krakow in 2013 and was VERY pleasantly surprised. This is awesome.

Agreed. And check out that wave turn at the end. Totally a shoutout to Millennium Force

F*** YEAH INTAMIN. Glad they went with the correct choice. I look forward to the Vekoma concept showing up somewhere, because I've wanted to see them try their hand at a sitdown hyper since around the time the GIBs were new- I'm sure it will, somewhere. Back to Energylandia, I visit Poland every so often, so this is very sweet news.

There will be a direct flight to Cracow from Chicago starting from July 2017 and it will cost around $400-500 for a round trip!!

Luckily I live half an hour from Energylandia so I will check their new attractions as soon as they will be opened

Oh, this is really tempting. Back in 2006, I visited Poland, and went to Warsaw, Krakow, and Oswiecim, and had a great time. Well, I didn't really have a great time in Oswiecim, but it was one of the most worthwhile experiences I've ever had. No other museum is in the same league as Auschwitz-Birkenau; there's just nothing else like being in the place where it happened to make it all so real. The staff there do a tremendous service to the world maintaining that property and providing education on the darkest time of the 20th century.

On a lighter note, the castle in Krakow is just beautiful, especially the cathedral. Still have a few zloty from the trip!

I note that they actually used Gerstlauer Infinity track for the NL2 animation, do you think they'll go with a track style similar to that (with the new Taron-style track ties), or the XL double tube track (Skyrush, Flying Aces)?

Personally I'd be interested in wide Taron track, but I love the look of the modern track style, so either works for me!

It's hard to judge a coaster from a POV but I'm in love with this thing. It's a combination of traditional large hills and flowing elements (like early 2000's Intamin) with a couple of really fast, modern transitions and what look to be really powerful airtime hills.

It kind of seems like a Fury style coaster where it has a bit of something for everyone, but given the manufacturer I would expect it to have even stronger laterals and more powerful moments of airtime. This thing is pretty much guaranteed to be a home run.

A person from the Polish forum has already done this coaster in NL2.

Height: 79 m

Drop: 83 m

Speed: 143 km/h

Lenght: 1550 m

+4.8 G max

1. Ejector Airtime Hill: 59 m -1.3 g

2. Twist and Dive: 61 m 0.0 g

3. S-hump: 8 m -1.5 g

4. Floater Airtime Hill: 40 m -0.5 g

5. Speed Bump: 5 m -1.5 g

6. Panoramic Wave Turn 37 m 0.0 g

7. Stengel Dive 15 m 0.0 g

8. Jump into Brakes 16 m -0.5 g

This coaster is so amazing!!!

I note that they actually used Gerstlauer Infinity track for the NL2 animation, do you think they'll go with a track style similar to that (with the new Taron-style track ties), or the XL double tube track.

Shut up. Seriously. It's a simulation, not every detail needs to be there. I know what you are speaking about but it does not matter. This is an awesome coaster coming to a new park in a country with practically no good rides. Look at what matters.

I note that they actually used Gerstlauer Infinity track for the NL2 animation, do you think they'll go with a track style similar to that (with the new Taron-style track ties), or the XL double tube track.

Shut up. Seriously. It's a simulation, not every detail needs to be there. I know what you are speaking about but it does not matter. This is an awesome coaster coming to a new park in a country with practically no good rides. Look at what matters.

WTF? Chill out, man. He's not even complaining about anything, just speculating on what track they'll use.

What the hell just happened?

boy-that-escalated-quickly.gif

What the hell just happened?