TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Walking Dead

gisco

Glenn is not out of the woods yet. He still hasn't connected with the rest of the group. My guess is Daryl, Abraham, Sasha and Glenn will lead most of the walkers away. I think Negan is going to play a big part next week and then we will have to wait until February 14th to see how it plays out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoilers

^ Negan won't be in the next episode as he has just recently been casted and all of part one of this season was filmed months ago. There is a slim to none chance of his group being seen as his character was cast for the season finale and I doubt they will show members of his group for half a season without showing their leader. The mid-season finale will be a positive episode where everyone gets back together and the alexandrians will learn that they can fight off zombies. I not too sure as to what will happen with the wolves though.

Spoilers

^ Negan won't be in the next episode as he has just recently been casted and all of part one of this season was filmed months ago. There is a slim to none chance of his group being seen as his character was cast for the season finale and I doubt they will show members of his group for half a season without showing their leader. The mid-season finale will be a positive episode where everyone gets back together and the alexandrians will learn that they can fight off zombies. I not too sure as to what will happen with the wolves though.

Well we got to see Negan and his gang last night.

^ We didn't see Negan last night. We saw his crew which I will admit surprised me because of how much of the second half of the season was filmed before his role was cast. This leads me to believe that most of the second half will be that the group is split, which has been the case for the past several seasons and they will build up Negan until his big reveal, probably in the finale. Just so everyone knows I wasn't claiming to be in the know with my last post I just put spoiler on there as it had to deal with a future character and his rumored debut.

Meow on to the mid season finale, that was terrible. I am all for a good cliffhanger, but this just felt like it ended randomly in the middle of an episode. I feel that they should have ended this half the season with Alexandria defeating the zombie horde and end with the 2 minute clip of daryls trio or just ended the season with the wall coming down. When you do any type of a finale it should read like an end to a chapter in a book not like you just stopped reading mid page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
OK, the season premiere was pretty gruesome.

it's so weird to see folks freaking out. .it was exactly like it was in the comic (no spoilers, but at least the 2nd part of it).

OK, the season premiere was pretty gruesome.

it's so weird to see folks freaking out. .it was exactly like it was in the comic (no spoilers, but at least the 2nd part of it).

I loved the premiere, thought it was fantastic. It was exactly like the comics, word for word almost. The only difference was the first one to get the bat, but if you watched The Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman admitted he hated the way that the first member was killed in the comics, this was a way to fix that for him. I am curious to see how they play Negan on the show, I think he will be a very popular character with the fans and spend a long time on the show.

Downfall about reading the comic, a lot of the show is falling right in line with the comics. Last night's episode between Dwight and Sherry, almost exactly how the comics told the story.

but it wont be the same for 2 big reasons:

1) they've made Dwight so unlikeable (as they did with the Andrea character on the show), there's simply no way to redeem him.

and

2) Darryl. Who doesn't exist in the comic. So brings a WHOLE new storytelling opportunity here.

Downfall about reading the comic, a lot of the show is falling right in line with the comics. Last night's episode between Dwight and Sherry, almost exactly how the comics told the story.

but it wont be the same for 2 big reasons:

1) they've made Dwight so unlikeable (as they did with the Andrea character on the show), there's simply no way to redeem him.

and

2) Darryl. Who doesn't exist in the comic. So brings a WHOLE new storytelling opportunity here.

I have a feeling Dwight is going to turn on Negan, you could tell throughout the episode that Dwight was very frustrated with Negan, mix that in with other clue's throughout the episode, I feel like they will follow the comics in that aspect. Right now, no one likes Dwight(me included). But as a writer all you have to do is have Dwight help Daryl escape and take down Negan's group, and just like that he is popular again (anybody that helps Daryl automatically is loved by the fans). Daryl is the one character, who, like you said is not in the comics. But, is he taking Carl's place right now? In the comics it was Carl that Negan took a liking to and held "prisoner", will that just be Daryl for the time being? Who knows, only time will tell. While the comics can give us insight into what will happen next, it also keeps us in shock when they choose to stray away from the comics and try something new, which is one of the great thing's about this show.

Anyone else feel like this is some serious milkage with 16 episode seasons?

I don't see the Negan issue being resolved this season. Too many story lines going on.

I agree, I would be shocked if they do anything big this season. Currently have 4 different storylines to attempt to tie into 1. Not to mention Jeffrey Dean Morgan's name shows up in the opening credits, showing he is going to be around for a while. If they choose to follow the comics with his character, he isn't going anywhere.

I am not a tough guy, but I have like 3 inches and 40 pounds on Negan.

Take Lucille away from him, and he is a simpering little biatch.

And his henchmen may seem powerful to us now, but consider that they didn't see any of Rick's people for a hella long time until the plot needed them to.

The show is so beyond dumb, it isn't even funny.

Yet I still watch. God only knows why....

• 3 weeks later...

they really DID seem to piss off a lot of fans with that finale last season.

Ratings may or may not have taken a hit (depending on which source you look at). . but NO ONE seems to be talking about the show.

we watched the mid-season finale yesterday (one of the best episodes of this season thus far)..and yet, I was completely unspoiled from Facebook, or Entertainment weekly -- despite watching it 3 days after it aired.

I think in the first half the show they went too long in between episodes from showing other characters. Going almost 6 episodes without seeing Carol and Morgan, 2-3 episodes without seeing Daryl or Rick. The mid-season finale, I thought was very well done, we had see all the characters in the first 15-20 minutes of the show. Nothing seemed rushed, nothing seemed to miss a beat. I hope going forward they stick to this as well, I can understand an episode here or there where a character is not involved, but 6 is a little too much.

The show has lost a lot of viewership, but it is still the number one most watched show on cable television on Sunday night, pulling in over 10.6 million viewers. The Talking Dead, which is a talk show about a show was second with over 4 million. While they have lost viewership, I don't believe the show is leaving AMC anytime soon.

Nonetheless personally I am excited for the next half of the season and think it's going to be very exciting, which if they choose to follow the comic books, we could be losing a couple more of our group by the end of the season.

The first half of the season had a lot of set up to do for the up coming second half. I didn't like the time between seeing characters either so I'm glad to see they are pretty much all back together. I expect the second half of the season to be much better. Is it February 12th yet?