TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer?

Whelp, I'm a card carrying member of the American Outlaws. That's the official Supporter's group for the US National Teams.

Actually we got quite the schedule coming up. Friday we have an important doubleheader: USA U-23 team vs Colombia and the US Men's Senior team vs Guatemala. The U-23's are in a home/home for the final spot in Rio while the Senior team is a WC Qualifier. Both of these matches need to be a draw or better. Then on the 29th we have the home ends of these matchups.

Then in June the Senior team will host Copa America. I've already got tickets to the Chicago group stage match and am working on getting tickets to the Philadelphia match as well (a side trip to Great Adventure is a nice add-on to that ). This is the best place for the US to show that we belong in the who's who of world football. Gotta make it count

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm bringing this thread back up again. It has been one hell of a season for us, after a season on the second level of football in Norway, we were back in the top division this year, and with only two matches left of the season we are in second place. No chance of winning the league, there is a huge gap up to first place, but the fight to remain in second place will be very exciting. Theoretically we can end up as low as 5th place, but either way it has been a fantastic season for us. Before it started I said I would be very happy if we managed to stay out of the relegation battle, and I think it's safe to say we managed that pretty well.

I see that my average attendance prediction of around 12k has been pretty much spot on, with one home match remaining our average attendance is 12001 LOL!

Been a couple of good shows this season as well, here from the last two home matches.

DSC_2949.jpg

^^^ ^^^

Happy to see you enjoying the success of your club

I'm still living/dying with the US Men's team. I still dunno if I should be happy or disappointed with a 4th place finish in Copa America over the Summer. We won the games we should have, but didn't bother to show up in two games vs Colombia and we got spanked in the Semifinals against Argentina.

In 13 days the US starts their journey through "The Hex", the final stage of World Cup Qualifying in CONCACAF. And we start with our biggest match on US soil, Mexico. I'll be journeying to Columbus, OH for that and will be proudly flying the flag. It's going to be insane and I couldn't be happier to be in attendance!

IMG_0062.thumb.JPG.117cf1913cc0a9fb49022ee99e076ffb.JPG

^Good luck in the world cup qualification! I've always enjoyed watching the US team in the world cup, so I hope you make it.

Happy to see you enjoying the success of your club

Thanks, we secured a top-3 spot today after winning away! Final game of the season at home next weekend, if we win that one we will get 2nd place. But the most important is that we get a shot at playing in Europe next year, something we haven't done since 2008.

I'm kind of a soccer fan but I my during the World Cup and Euro Champ. Other than those two I don't usually watch it. I will say this I absolutely hate the current MLS playoff formate with the lower seeds playing at home in the first leg then the higher seed getting home field in the second leg. Of course because of this all the lower seeds won(all shutout if I'm not mistaken) Isn't the point of having home field is to play at home first then on the road? What do you soccer fans think of this formate? Love it or hate it.

Final match of the season today, we secured second place with a 2-1 win on a rather cold evening. Was a scrappy match, but I don't care!! Everyone thought before the season that we would be in the bottom half (myself included), but this season has just been beyond all expectations. And it was all topped off with a home win in front of a sold-out stadium (Attendance 17686) and a great atmosphere. Now it's 4 months without football (soccer, yes I know) but there will be a lot of work for the club to keep up the performance next year, and financially the club is still not in a good position due to previous years of mismanagement. But this league position brings in some very welcome income to the club! 3 hours after coming home I'm having a little "emotianal breakdown", I seriously have a little tear in the corner of my eye. It just took a few hours to realize what an achievement this is, considering we were playing at the second level last year.

But for now.... can't wait to play in Europe next year!!!

(first picture is taken by me, the rest is from the club/media)

20161106_180646_resized.thumb.jpg.3696dc0c54164ce2640fe8f9c17fc2a6.jpg

Skjermbilde.thumb.JPG.b008c1b82aa1fc7e6ab255725571d3ad.JPG

Skjermbilde2.thumb.JPG.09f0cb5978ed0f2a9b953d76e2b2f8b7.JPG

15003438_10153995408136709_7407806720510896251_o.thumb.jpg.7d51c58edc81e3a3c06e8b89cf836d03.jpg

• 6 months later...