Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 829: New Howl-O-Scream 2019 details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby prozach626 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 am

Glad you had a great time. I have no idea why I didn't enjoy the hell out of this park.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Glad you had a great time! I feel similarly, and I haven't been there since Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse, so I'm sure it's even better than it was!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:49 am

prozach626 wrote:Glad you had a great time. I have no idea why I didn't enjoy the hell out of this park.

:lol: I don't either. This park seems like it's tailor made for you. Great beer selection that you can take everywhere in the park, good clientele, cool animal presentations and shows and awesome coasters with (in many cases) minimal waits. What's not to love?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:09 am

Still blown away at the intensity of Kumba...B&M can do it :lol:
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:20 am

I was at Busch Gardens Tampa last Saturday and Sunday. I've been to the park probably 5 other times in the last 15 years, but this visit was exceptional!

It was my first time at Howl-O-Scream on Saturday night and I was thoroughly impressed! The haunted houses were all very good with the highlight being Death Water Bayou and the lamest one was Zombie Containment Unit 15 (which could've been great but the execution was just not impressive). The scare zones in the park were surprisingly great too! Rides at night were awesome of course.

I spent big money on the Front of Line pass for coasters and haunts. It saved a lot of time in line for haunts at first, but the rides had no lines and the haunts emptied out as the night went on. The park was surprisingly dead! No one at Kumba at all at times. It was better than an ERT session (other than the two ride max rule).

Sunday was very nice with the animals and getting to ride everything again. Again, brief lines.

I've been on most of the rides before, and of course the B&M line up is second to none. As for new rides since my last visit...

Falcon's Fury: During my last visit, this was supposed to be open but it was delayed for a few months. I was so excited to ride it this time, and while the drop itself was disappointing in comparison to Acrophobia at SFOG (which is probably my favorite drop tower) in terms of force, but the height was impressive and the tilting to face down at the top was surprisingly extra terrifying. It actually made me a bit "scared" and is definitely around the top of my drop tower list with Acrophobia and Larson towers.

Cobra's Curse: For a family coaster, it was great. Decently forceful. I enjoyed the forwards, followed by backwards, followed by free spinning. The elevator lift was very cool as well. I love unique rides like this! Only downside was the spinning was minimal.

Anyways, Busch Gardens Tampa impressed as always!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BansheeFanshee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:58 am

How long are the lines for the coasters typically in late November / Ealry December?

Trying to plan my first trip to the park and hit all the coasters in 1 full day along with Falcon's Fury

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

BansheeFanshee wrote:How are the long are the lines for the coasters typically in late November / Ealry December?

Trying to plan my first trip to the park and hit all the coasters in 1 full day along with Falcon's Fury

Very manageable for the most part. You'll have no problem at all. By the way, keep an eye on the maintenance schedule when planning your trip. As far as coasters go you should be in good shape, but if you like water rides they'll both be closing at the same time this year from November 23 - Dec 23 which is a bit odd.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BansheeFanshee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:52 am

coasterbill wrote:
BansheeFanshee wrote:How are the long are the lines for the coasters typically in late November / Ealry December?

Very manageable for the most part. You'll have no problem at all. By the way, keep an eye on the maintenance schedule when planning your trip. As far as coasters go you should be in good shape, but if you like water rides they'll both be closing at the same time this year from November 23 - Dec 23 which is a bit odd.

Thanks for the help, Bill!

And I guess it's a good thing that I'm not into water rides! :airtime:

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:20 am

May head to the park this Veteran's Day weekend. Wish me luck.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:38 pm

I read somewhere just now that new track was spotted by Gwazi, they claim to see rails similar looking to RMC, anyone goin to the park soon that could take a peak? I'll believe it when I see it but wow this would be amazing ! I know there are no projects for RMC in 2017 but a project like this would likely be for 2018. Looks like something is developing in Tampa.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!