TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

You put in the wrong link. It should be This (you entered the link with 2 "http"

Wow that looks pretty fun, I'm sure it will be a good family addition and could spread out the lines in BB a bit. Looks like it should be pretty high capacity too! My submission: Riptide Racers. Alliteration!

I submitted this name 8 days before they posted anything about the contest publicly on facebook, but I somehow didn't win... feels bad man

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

You probably weren't the first/only one. I remember for Aftershock they had at least 10 people who submitted that name.

• 3 weeks later...
You put in the wrong link. It should be This (you entered the link with 2 "http"

Wow that looks pretty fun, I'm sure it will be a good family addition and could spread out the lines in BB a bit. Looks like it should be pretty high capacity too! My submission: Riptide Racers. Alliteration!

I submitted this name 8 days before they posted anything about the contest publicly on facebook, but I somehow didn't win... feels bad man

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

You probably weren't the first/only one. I remember for Aftershock they had at least 10 people who submitted that name.

Also I don't live ther so it would be sort of a waste anyway, but I have been looking for an excuse to move to Coeur d'Alene I love that area

• 2 months later...

Just saw today that we have new brochures for SW at work--I work at a hotel all the way in Seattle, but we still get them each year and I try to tell people about it if I can! Here are scans, I tried to get them higher res but our copier is a POS

Xerox2525294.thumb.jpg.8129f35eaabea2cb440a3d859e238934.jpg

Xerox2525295.thumb.jpg.adc043414bc10ab7d45daabb4003abb0.jpg

Just for kicks I might scan and upload last year's to see which is better- I think this years looks great! Good job to their graphic designer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How do the two woodies at Silverwood, in their current form (for better or worse), compare to The Raven and the Legend at Holiday World? Are they as fast-paced and intense? Has either been trimmed to death?

You'll enjoy them. I think Holiday World's are better, but both parks represent classic 90's/2000 CCIs that are still very enjoyable and well taken care of

The new Scarywood site is up, and I'm really impressed with the intro production:

http://www.scarywoodhaunt.com/

I loved the event last year, and I think I will try to get over there again this year but earlier in October, so maybe it won't be 30F by the end of the night Sadly all the attractions seem to be the same, so on second thought I might wait until next year to see if they create anything new

Check the site out!

• 1 month later...

I made it to the Scarywood event on opening weekend. It had been a few years since I had gone, and it has really improved into something impressive!

I've just recently been teaching myself how to edit/create videos, so linky here is the latest one I made of my trip to this years event.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

There are rumors of T-Rex track being on-site at Silverwood. Sorry to be a tease, but I can't say more at this time.

If this is true,I'll gladly make the trek out there next year for scarywood. The train ride and night rides on tremors, timber terror, and an rmc trex would be insane.

Don't forget about Aftershock

Aftershock not open this year for safety reasons - the location of the Total Darkness maze has you walking through the secure area somewhat under the ride in an area not normally accessible by the public during the regular operating season.

I do believe in years past for Scarywood event (before maze location) it was closed due to weather, though I cannot 100% say for certain. (I'm no expert, only a fangirl who lives for rides).

The last Scarywood event I went to was a few years back (it has improved in leaps and strides since then). I was riding on Tremors, and in a snow/rain mix - it was COLD!!!!!! I don't like riding in the snow. brrrrrr

Aftershock requires it to be around 65° to run. They've gotten it running down to above 55°, but only if there's no wind and it can cycle consistently.

Because it's nowhere near that warm at 7pm in October here, the park doesn't even try. Instead they use that time to get a head start on annual maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aftershock was open last time I went to Scarywood in 2014. It was an awesome ride in the dark, but not quite Tremors or Timber Terror backwards good. Those two rides are nuts. I need to get back, their haunt event was one of the better ones I've been to.

That's strange. Six Flags (who's notorious for never closing rides due to temperature) actually does have a limit for Goliath but it's 40 degrees (and it was the same way with the old train). I wonder why there's such a huge difference between the 2 rides.

I don't know why there's a difference. But I do know that when it's right around its limit it creeps through the cobra roll on the return trip, and it's not fun to watch. The park is very cautious about it though, because we don't have the evac platform on the cobra roll, so it not completing the cycle is a big deal.

It also causes problems when it reaches the lift on tower 2 when it's going that slow.

To my knowledge, they haven't ever opened it during Scarywood, at least in the past 4 years.

Actually you may have just hit on it. Six Flags does have an evac platform in the Cobra Roll so I guess there's less risk in them running it in lower temperatures.

Strangely though it looks like the Silverwood ride had one at Great America. I wonder why it doesn't have one now.

To my knowledge, they haven't ever opened it during Scarywood, at least in the past 4 years.

Maybe you're right and I'm getting my visits mixed up. All I know is it is awesome at night if given the chance to ride it then and when I went to Scarywood it was actually fairly warm for October. Got a bit chilly on the Zombiewood Express though.

Damn, no wonder they're overly cautious. If that thing ever gets stuck up there (which Boomerangs love to do) without an evacuation platform it'll make national news. If they get wind of the fact that they had an evacuation platform and it wasn't put up because it was ugly then they'll be facing a complete media sh*tstorm.

I mean, we know it's not a safety issue, but wow that's ballsy. Silverwood knows way more about the ride than I do so they're obviously pretty confident that it won't happen but damn.

Also assuming they could run it in colder temperatures if the platform was there (and who knows if that's even the case... maybe there are other factors at play) I'm surprised they wouldn't rather put it up and run the ride during the busy Haunt season.

I actually have no idea why they don't have it up. "It's ugly" is just a rumor from people not known for being particularly reliable. For all I know it was shipped up here damaged and wasn't safe to put up at the time.

I'd guess that people aren't necessarily not going to Scarywood because Aftershock is closed, so the expense to put it up isn't really worth it for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I went to one of my local haunted attractions in the Seattle area and it wasn't nearly as well-done as Scarywood, both inside the haunted house and themeing outside. It really makes me appreciate our trip there last year much more; even Blood Bayou alone, maybe the shortest haunt when we went, was quite a bit longer than the one we went to last night and had much better actors. I think I will have to make it back over for Scarywood next year, especially if they get something new again next year

Comeagain, it looks mostly the same from the website, but anything new going on this year that you know of? I am waiting on a TR from rollercoasteralley.com but nothing so far... the only thing I was disappointed with last year was Caved In, how has that maze done this year?