TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

That looks like a very fun ride! I'm sure all the interactions with the surroundings will add a lot to the experience. Great to finally see a brand new coaster for the "rollercoaster capitol of Europe" (at least it was considered as this once upon a time...)

Hello all, my first post on this forum. Had to register on this forum after details of the new roller-coaster have been revealed

I've been visiting Blackpool Pleasure Beach on a regular basis since the early 1970's and in my opinion it is still the best park in the UK. The new coaster is just what the park needs and will hopefully bring in visitors from further afield.

Really looking forward to seeing the construction and can't wait to ride it. Glad to see that it doesn't look like any rides will have to be removed apart from the Go-Karts which is no great loss to be honest.

--------------------------------

Hello folks, first post on this forum. I am going to Blackpool soon and I am a bit of a coaster chicken. Can anyone recommend what to ride first, then work my way up to the more intense rides? If I get to them! Many thanks. Dro.

If you want to start with something less intense then head over to Nickelodeon Land and ride The Streak first. A fairly tame wooden family coaster. Best to ride that early anyway as it usually gets long queues on busy days when the park fills up. From there head over to Avalanche (the bobsled coaster) and that should have got you warmed nicely !!

Grand national rarely opens when the park does so you will not be able to ride that early on, assuming you get there when the park opens (and I would recommend getting there early to avoid queuing to get in the park).

Make sure you ride the Wild Mouse, my favourite coaster of all time, and if you go on Valhalla then buy a poncho. You will get drenched !!

Cool layout, second half will be intense i think(reminds me of Taron) and that inversion after launch looks nice also.

Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster.

This ride looks amazing. I know it is a Mack rides product, but it reminds me of Maverick at Cedar Point. I love the creative use of space. That first drop under The Big One, and all the near miss moments are going to make this ride even more exciting, and may explain the long construction timeline. As an aside BPB will have 11 roller coaster (unless they take something out) squeezed into 42 acres. That has to be some record! lol

With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use? Not all of the suspected 2018 ones were technically announced yet although we can assume a few will be soon (i.e Mean Streak) Robb would have a better comment back to this than the most of us, but I do not really remember this many parks announcing new rides THIS early in the past.

With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use? Not all of the suspected 2018 ones were technically announced yet although we can assume a few will be soon (i.e Mean Streak) Robb would have a better comment back to this than the most of us, but I do not really remember this many parks announcing new rides THIS early in the past.

If you look up this park they haven't added a coaster since 2007 and most of their 10 coasters are extremely old. They probably announced a coaster for 2018 now just to show people they have something to look forward to. The last park addition was a Sky Fly in 2015. Also, rumors of a new coaster have been around since 2015 that a coaster was coming 2017, now it's confirmed for 2018.

Parks already know what they are going to do years in advance in most cases. SF and CF probably have their 2018 plans with 90% to 95% certainty and may make small alterations. 2019 plans are like 80%+ certainty and will alter slightly if their is a downturn in revenue.

Edited by schoup

With all these 2018 announcements coming 'two years" before they open do you guys think this is some type of new marketing tool parks are trying to use?

Absolutely not. Parks have been making two-year project announcements as long as I can remember. Recently, think about it, both Texas Giant and Helix were "two year projects" that were announced two years before they were done. Many times projects that Disney and Universal are working on get announced two years in advance. I mean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was probably in development 3 or 4 years, we already knew what Universal Orlando's 2018 addition will be months ago, and the Slinky Dog Coaster is probably 2018 at the earliest.

So this has been going on for quite some time. It's not anything "new" and certainly not for Blackpool. Wasn't Valhalla that opened in 2000 announced in 1998?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The stats are nothing to shout about, however the GP will definitely love this ride when it opens!

The stats are not anything super impressive, but we will most likely still love this ride, the GP wouldn't know any different, so I bet it will turn out as a winner!

Stats don't mean everything on a rollercoaster. Take a look at Lightning Run @ Kentucky Kingdom. It's only 100 feet tall and gives an awesome ride.

Also, you said the same thing twice.

Amazing that there are already 3 awesome coasters coming to Europe in 2018: This One, Valkyria (b&m dive) and Alton Towers wooden coaster.

I count one good coaster there, buddy boy.

That's pretty edgy

Yeah, we don't really know what the AT woodie is gonna look like yet. How can you judge?

• 2 weeks later...