TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Light Shows!

DoinItForTheFame

Hey all,

I thought I'd go ahead and start this thread mainly as a place to discuss Christmas (or any other) Light Show related stuff!! As many of you know every year I do a synchronized light show on my house. This year is going to be bigger and brighter than ever!! (Then again I say that every year, and it just keeps getting brighter and brighter!)

For those of you who don't know, a "Synchronized Christmas Light Show" is a growing hobby around the world. Most of us in the hobby will spend then entire year planning, programming, and testing our light shows to make sure when they are "live" for the month of December that everything runs perfectly during the show! Synchronized light shows are becoming so popular that it is not unusual for people to sit in traffic for 2-3 hours just to get to view the show. Light shows are a big draw for the community, and people love them. When you get to see a kids face light up as they hear their favorite Christmas song dancing to thousands of lights, makes all the hard work worth it!

Some of the best light shows I have seen are: (Trust me, you'll want to watch these!)

And for those Disney fans out there:

Do you have any local light shows in your area?? Do you have any questions about light shows, or what goes into them?? If you are familiar with light shows, what are some of your favorite displays?!

Hopefully you all enjoy this thread!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd bring back this thread from last year. Looks like the Larsen's transitioned into pixels for this year!! Take a look at their house below, it's an amazing show!

Any awesome light show's in your area? Or what's the most amazing one you've seen online?? Share it here!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

• 9 months later...

Wellll since it's the first day of Fall, and Halloween is right around the corner, thought I'd start the season off with these awesome Halloween Light Show videos from last year!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Can't wait to see what this year brings us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ Oh c'mon, I (and others here probably) would still like to see what you've come up with.

All outdoor lighting is great. I'll post mine, when I get my one holiday string up on the porch, LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

So I did the small section of the front porch, that can ONLY BE SEEN from the sidewalk. David's damned rhodies have grown so high, it's blocked off all of, the view of (the rest of), the front porch.

And I'll be damned to get up on any high ladder and do the rest of the house above the porch! When I win my lottery, I'll hire a bunch of college kids to do it, and insure them.

So here's our front porch "done up" for the Holly Daze. Enjoy.

IMG_8422.JPG.23afc5b0d5b1ff7766a68edbceb19e42.JPG

First, this is what the mess looks like during the day. Halloween, 2018.

IMG_8423.JPG.3e4c0f6ad01e17cef92a2763fe400902.JPG

Halloween, take 2.

IMG_8560.JPG.de4a1270e26a569d795233e9d32b2ea0.JPG

The Holiday set up.

IMG_8563.JPG.97b38440847475e599f7c7b75e6fe432.JPG

Damned flash doesn't do anything for it.

IMG_8564.JPG.9b84126f0cfb7fc86d2a1f9bb7fd47aa.JPG

Back to the mini-light show on the porch.

IMG_8571.JPG.e422c540d1f3d89d60994321bf4d9134.JPG

Using one of those house lights for the porch, Works fine for us.

IMG_8573.JPG.34d873ffe9849fbfc55ba86ee569f9d0.JPG

And inside....

IMG_8575.JPG.0d1ebb37696e11bddf78a698d550d961.JPG

The rest of the holiday decorating, is The Tree and The Mantel.

IMG_8578.JPG.0e34b5bb6ec8ae28c0f7c8b9700e6e69.JPG

Nice that some people still send actual cards to each other for the season. (o:

^ Thanks. I'm getting so (pardon) 'miserly' about what to decorate in the house, since it's only me and David around, most of the time in it. And Stella. So it seems to boil down to 3 specific areas: the front porch; the tree; and the mantle.

Everything else I do, I must be high, ha ha.

And here's what the mantle currently looks like, since we got four more cards today! Awesome!

IMG_8604.JPG.fb677afaab3b382921c59629ad7726cf.JPG

I like it. (o: