Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Sluggo77 and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby neil009 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm

We had basically the perfect VR experience today. We got in line around 12:20 and were the first group to get the headsets at 1, so we only had to wait about 40 minutes with the ride running at normal capacity the whole time.

So without having to wait a ridiculously long time, I LOVED IT IT WAS SO AWESOME OH MY GOD. It was seriously intense, especially the second half of the ride. I had to hold on to my goggles or they would have slipped right off my face. It really felt like you flipped upside down at one point. The airtime felt even stronger not being able to see it coming. This made the whole trip worth it, I really wish there was some way they could fix the operations issue and keep it as a permanent feature of the ride.

I was all ready to say "c'mon guys, Goliath isn't that bad!" but nope, f*ck that ride, never again. I was expecting head banging issues so i leaned my head forward, only to find the inversions tolerable and the straightaways bumpy trampoline nightmares. No defensive riding can fix that.

My first ride on my first RMC and, wellll... I liked the wide variety of elements and of course the airtime was fantastic. But the ride never truly felt "out of control" like the best coasters do, and only one element caught me by surprise in intensity (the outer banked airtime hill during the turnaround behind the overbank). I didn't think the inversions added much to the ride. With all the crazy-looking track I expected to be whipped around a little more, but instead the constant varying of the banking just gave the whole ride this kind of weird bobbing motion, almost like riding a mechanical bull. It hauled through the end pretty well, but having the strongest elements at the middle of the ride instead of the end, unlike Lightning Run or even Superman across the park, will always keep it out of the top tier for me. My expectations were probably set a little too high. I think if I went on a cooler, less-crowded day and got several rides in a row I'd learn to love it. I will say that I liked how some of the transitions felt a little more "raw" and imperfect than most modern coasters. I appreciated being able to wait for the back row. Oh and the theming was actually... Really cool? Also unexpected.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby thrilladdict » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:02 pm

^ The "mechanical bull" motion you experienced seems to be a feature of some RMC's, I felt the same way on TC at SFMM. Goliath at SFGAM doesn't have that issue but the constant undulation of TC wasn't really a fun or pleasant feeling for me despite how awesome the layout looked in videos and on paper.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:09 am

The Joker New England’s First 4D Free-Fly Coaster Coming to Six Flags New England
Innovative New Ride Offers Epic Thrills

AGAWAM, Mass — September 1, 2016 — Six Flags New England, the Coaster Capital of New England in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment today announced plans to add its 13th coaster to the park, The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster. This unique coaster experience will feature theming based on the iconic Super-Villain The Joker and be located in the park’s South End.

After being lifted straight up a 120-foot hill, this 4D Wing Coaster challenges riders to “face their fears” as they flip head-over-heels from four to eight times along the weightless, tumbling journey. Along the way on this 4th dimension free-fly coaster, thrill seekers experience exhilarating coaster hills and unexpected drops along with an interactive ride experience, making it a different sensation each time guests ride. The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster allows adrenaline seekers to soar outside the confines of the track for an all-new coaster riding experience.

“We are thrilled to launch our 13th coaster here at the Coaster Capital of New England. Not only does The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster utilize the latest innovative technology, it is highly interactive and will deliver something new for every rider. This is a great complement to our existing ride offerings and should be quite a hit with thrill-seekers. The unpredictable tumbling will add a new element as riders travel along the plunging and swirling track,” said Park President John Winkler.

The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster features a massive and twisting track frame, in which ride vehicles begin their journey by traveling up a 120-foot elevator-type lift before being released for their highly unusual sensory journey – including two beyond-vertical free falls, in addition to four to eight head-over-heels flips.

The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster is one of the most exciting thrill rides in the park’s history.

The unique construction of The Joker: 4D Free Fly Coaster features:
• One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring four to eight smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;

• A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;

• A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;

• Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling; and

• Five vehicles with eight passengers each.

Six Flags New England is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 70% off on 2017 Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags New England, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016 (including park admission to Fright Fest®) and all of 2017. Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

For More Information Visit: https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/newfor2017
The Joker - On Ride 1.jpg
The Joker - On Ride 2.jpg
The Joker - On Ride 3.jpg
The Joker - On Ride 4.jpg
The Joker - Top Track Wide.jpg
The Joker - Wide Shot.jpg
The Joker Ground Shot.jpg
The Joker Lift Hill.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:39 am.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:31 am

Congratulations to SFNE on your new addition!!! Sure to be a hit!!!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:59 am

I'm sure a lot of people are going to hate on most of the Six Flags announcements (myself included here and there) but for the parks getting the Joker clones they are all great additions and a smart move. Just would like to see my creativity but hey this is a great addition!
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:07 am

I do like these 4D Free Fly coasters but SF definitely is getting clone happy. Sad there was no RMC additions next year from the chain but at least no more super loops. But overall, I like the SF additions even though a lot of them are the same.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:I do like these 4D Free Fly coasters but SF definitely is getting clone happy. Sad there was no RMC additions next year from the chain but at least no more super loops. But overall, I like the SF additions even though a lot of them are the same.

Getting?? They've been clone-happy for years - these are just the newest ones.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby real_cameron » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 am

Do you guys think they will rename The Joker's Wildcard? I think they should us the Harley Quinn Spinsanity name
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305
Hometown Park: Six Flags America
Favorite Park: Kings Dominion

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:50 am

^I wou;ldn't be surprised if they just ended up removing it. 2018 could be a great year to replace it with an Endeavor.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:52 am

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:^I wou;ldn't be surprised if they just ended up removing it. 2018 could be a great year to replace it with an Endeavor.

I'd love for this to happen. That ride sucks and it's sucked ever since they moved it outdoors. I actually enjoyed it when it was an indoor ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!