TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I fuckin' quit this site. God forbid you try to crack a dumbass joke.

We knew your post was a joke. The subsequent posts with honest speculation of whether or not Hydra was being removed because of an Instagram post is what we were harping on.

Crowds get crazy here on Saturday nights. It's unfortunate that I saw an extreme number of people being taken away on stretchers. Please keep yourself hydrated when you go to parks, even when it's not too hot out. Humidity is what gets you, and today was one of those days. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

The one thing I noticed was there was no announcement of the removal of the Dino's

So it looks like we are stuck with them for at least another year or two. I heard conflicting info about the contract end date. I know I was told 2 years ago that this would be the final year, but someone else also mentioned that 2018 was the final year. So looks like another 2 years of those dino's taking up valuable land.

The flat rides are nice and expected. Flat rides won't bring more people to the park, but certainly give those there something else to do and experience.

Looking forward, next year will probably be a WWK investment and hopefully 2018, with the removal of Dino's, will be larger dry side ride investment for that area.

Oh wait he's gone? LMAO. When did that happen?

If it was in the Kings Dominion thread, I haven't been in there since Saturday morning.

I don't know if I can bring myself to do it now.

If it was in the Kings Dominion thread, I haven't been in there since Saturday morning.

Don't... Don't do it...

(And yes, that was where the straw broke the camel's back!)

It's not over in that thread. Many are speculating that it could still be announced. Don't go in there.

Also, he was banned last Saturday after this idiotic post, as well as his alt today.

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.

I caught up on 30+ pages in that thread in one sitting, and I could feel the IQ points simply melting away. For your own sanity, don't even bother.

because there's literally nothing of interest to talk about ever.

What on earth do you mean?

Three charged at Dorney Park after stuffed bulldog theft

SOUTH WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP — Three New Yorkers were arrested Saturday at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom after a woman allegedly stole a stuffed dog prize from one of the carnival games at the park, according to court records.

Dorney Park security officers were looking for a large stuffed bulldog when they spotted Jameela A. Harrison, 39, of the Bronx, walking with one, records show. No one had won one that day, authorities said.

When security officers grabbed her hand to take her into custody, she pulled away and began to yell, records show. Security oficers took her to the ground and handcuffed her, records show.

Doran White, 28, and Tamara White, 41, both of New York City, were arrested when they became disorderly during Harrison's arrest, authorities said. Tamara White allegedly made threats and cursed while Doran White pushed one of the security guards and then gave a false name, authorities said. Police later discovered he was wanted in New York City on a parole violation.

^ Jesus. How moronic do you have to be? It's one thing to attempt to steal something small and concealable, but you're literally walking around the park with a gigantic stuffed dog.

I can't find the proper facepalming GIF to accurately express my emotion on this. Help me out, Boldy, will ya?

I can't find the proper facepalming GIF to accurately express my emotion on this. Help me out, Boldy, will ya?

Nick's level of disgust in this one makes it my current facepalm fave. I'd say it works nicely here.

Nicolas-Cage-Facepalm1.gif.5d8c8803f020ecfa281c4906585ea364.gif

The only people who will benefit from Parkside Pavilion are large groups who reserve in advance. The single visitors and the rest of the general public will not be able to use it. To me, it's a waste of space but DP knows what they are doing. I would have rather seen that land go toward a new ride or a new Haunt building in the future. The two new rides especially Dodgem will be a great addition. Also, this fall we are getting two new Haunt attractions replacing two existing ones and a remodeled Mansion House Hotel.

The only people who will benefit from Parkside Pavilion are large groups who reserve in advance. The single visitors and the rest of the general public will not be able to use it.

A benefit of any kind while at Dorney is nothing short of a miracle.

but DP knows what they are doing.

This rationale at only 44 posts? Has this been seen before?

And why would someone want to steal a stuffed dog? It seems that the people from New York always get into trouble at DP. Several years ago two guys from NY pinched girls butts at DP and got arrested. I saw it in the paper in the police section. Crazy stuff happens at DP. I saw a post from a SWT cop several years ago on facebook or twitter and it said something like glad that I don't have to deal with this dp crap or something referring to he was glad that winter was coming and DP was closed for the season. They probably get a lot of calls during the summer and DP now pays for a SWT officer to patrol the park in addition to their patrol.

Edited by rwk

Is that by Possessed? Good spot for Cut Throat Island. Since they got rid of Head Hunters, that spot has been empty during Haunt. Trick or Treat and now Cut Throat Island bring more haunt attractions to the lower part of the park balancing out and spreading out the attractions. So, what's going in now this year by Cedar Creek Cannonball and Wave Swinger? Nothing? CarnEVIL is over by Hydra midway.