TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

...Dorney is in no way shape or form going to remove Hydra in order to put in a picnic pavilion.

No need to wait for any "source quote to get back to you. Common sense prevails.

There was also talk of relocating it within the park or sending it to another park that would take it. I personally don't know the geography of Dorney that well so I'm not sure where they could put it. Also, we need to remember, this park dumps a lot of money each year into maintenance, but they would make money every year with this new space. Also lets be real, the park is hardly ever crowded enough on the dry side to ever get real lines, but if they moved it to another park, they could market it as a brand new coaster and at a different park like MiA or Valleyfair, it'd be the best and most popular ride in the park and it'd actually draw a line, while saving those parks a ton of money over building a brand new coaster

It's built into the valley in the back corner of the park where Hercules was located. It was designed with this landscape specifically in mind.

Even still, though us enthusiasts may crap on it, Hydra is one of the park's main marketing draws. There's no way it's being relocated either within the park or elsewhere.

Where's Bill when you need him?

Um what? No f*cking way the park is removing Hydra. That's just... No. And I don't even like the thing. That's the dumbest bit of speculation I've read in this thread yet, and that's saying something.

Um what? No f*cking way the park is removing Hydra. That's just... No. And I don't even like the thing. That's the dumbest bit of speculation I've read in this thread yet, and that's saying something.

I know, right? That's the most popular ride in the park. On some Bring-A-Friend days in July, it might be a station wait!

lol Dorney needs all the coasters it can get, and in no way are they going to remove one of their most advertised coasters

I haven't been on Hydra myself to judge the coaster, but even i can assure y'all that this ride isn't going anytime soon.

As for the new additions, they look nice. I love the troikas!

I also saw on Facebook someone saying that the desolation building was being removed as well. But here is the layout of the land for Parkside pavilion.

The blue: that is the building we call the DIM building. It was used to store things for Hercules when he once ruled that area. That building is being torn down and the area inside the orange is the new pavilion. Hydra stays. Desolation building stays.

20160819_141806.thumb.png.f963239ab8bb8e3c41ae610c07c08f48.png

Someone said on Instagram that Dorney is rumored to be removing one of their big coasters, and I'd guess this one. I asked what was the source and I haven't gotten a reply so I'll let you all know once I hear back

It was heard on Instagram so it must be true. Instagram is the place I go to first for breaking industry news.