TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Kings DOminion fans be so greedy and demanding they keep pointing out theyre the only park announcing ona different day so they must be getting a coaster...

I seriously hope you're not referencing my posts, because if so, you have terribly poor reading comprehension, in addition to being another obnoxious naysayer...

I am referring to you, lol and the entire thread in general. EVERY goddamn year you guys go awe poor us, poor us were forgotten about.. Then before announcements you're like WE ARE DEF GETTING A COASTER OMG IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST COASTER IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kings Dominion thread on here is like Trump supporters to the world... INSANE!

^ Well, you just confirmed both of my points, so thank you!

(Oh, and FWIW, if you actually had decent reading comprehension, you'd know I'm not a KD fanboy, and haven't even been to the park in 14 years!)

This really is a good announcement for Dorney. Fills in some empty spots from a ride that broke down all the time and an up charge ride. The pavilions seem to be getting replaced, which needed to happen years ago. A new show is always a welcome addition (sometimes parks only get a new show as an addition)

The real question here is, and this should've crossed everyone's mind immediately, what is the plan for the old pavilion spot?

This really is a good announcement for Dorney. Fills in some empty spots from a ride that broke down all the time and an up charge ride. The pavilions seem to be getting replaced, which needed to happen years ago. A new show is always a welcome addition (sometimes parks only get a new show as an addition)

The real question here is, and this should've crossed everyone's mind immediately, what is the plan for the old pavilion spot?

To replace it more old flats and a hand me down coaster of course

They already said that they will not be moving coasters anymore, so that's out. As for the flat rides, we live in the most nostalgic generation in the history of mankind. I think they will be fine with a Kaleidoscope.

They already said that they will not be moving coasters anymore, so that's out. As for the flat rides, we live in the most nostalgic generation in the history of mankind. I think they will be fine with a Kaleidoscope.

Sarcasam my friend, Sarcasam.

A roller coaster would have been great, but "some of us" have to understand that a park needs to be well rounded in ALL areas.

I'm pretty sure everyone understands that. For the amount of people who visit the park I'm pretty sure it's well rounded.

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom has sent us a press release about their latest additions and enhancements for 2017!

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, the center of summer fun and family entertainment in the Lehigh Valley, will be making several new additions to enhance the guest experience in 2017! Plans include two new rides, new live entertainment, a new catering pavilion, as well as enhancements to Wildwater Kingdom.

Kaleidoscope and Dodgem will make their debut in the spring, adding more thrills to your visit!

• Kaleidoscope - Manufactured by HUSS, it is a circular ride with three arms of seven gondolas moving counterclockwise against the ride's main clockwise direction. Riders will experience weightlessness, strong accelerations, and side-to-side movement.

• Dodgem– Back by the popular demand of Dorney Park guests….bumper cars! Just when you think you’ve got a clear path, BAM!--there’s someone you didn’t dodge. Get behind the wheel of this midway classic and take a crash course in family fun.

“We are always looking for ways to give our guests the ‘best day’ experience and the addition of these two new rides will complement our already impressive collection of family rides and slides,” said Mike Fehnel, Vice President and General Manager of Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom. “We are particularly excited to announce the return of bumper cars, as our guests have been asking for this particular addition!”

Guests will be mesmerized as they witness the breathtaking stunts and aerial performances of Cirque Imagine – which is included in the price of admission to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom! This thrilling 30-minute live show, perfect for families and guests of all ages, features acts including Trampolines, Cyr wheel, Aerialists, Hand Balancing and Bikes.

Adding these classic amusement park rides and an exciting live show will give guests more family entertainment options, but that’s not all! A new dining experience will be available in the 2017 season. The addition of Parkside Pavilion will provide a catering facility for corporate, school, church and other group outings. Parkside Pavilion will have a chef’s kitchen offering extensive new culinary options and will comfortably accommodate over 2,000 guests.

Wildwater Kingdom will also receive enhancements for the 2017 season including 17 new cabanas for guests who want to add some privacy and luxury to their day. Cabana rentals provide the perfect amount of R&R and include private seating/lounge chairs, cabana-side food and beverage service and numerous other amenities. Wildwater Kingdom guests can enjoy new food and beverage offerings at the Sunset Beach Bar including outdoor seating space and a full-service bar for adults.

Guests who want to be among the first to experience the new additions can purchase a 2017 Season Pass at the lowest price available now through October 30, 2016. This is an unbeatable value for families and the special offer is the lowest price of the year. Season Passes can be purchased online for as low as 9 easy payments of just $12.00 each (through October 30, 2016). As a special bonus offer renewing passholders will receive one (1) FREE Fast Lane Pass to use on the day of your choice in 2016 and one (1) FREE Bring a Friend ticket to use any Friday this fall. New passholders will receive a bonus offer of one (1) FREE visit in 2016 and additional visits for only $19. 2017 Season Passes can also be purchased in full payment at the park. Platinum Season Passes, which provide you entrance to all Cedar Fair Parks, are also available.

1164065898_CirqueImagineLogo.jpg.27c694bbd2a7087443bfe773c9bf6f03.jpg

436772340_CirqueImagineShow.thumb.jpg.52891dbf7dffc743d33ad71e05a947f8.jpg

28242824_DodgemImage.thumb.JPG.b80581daf2dacf863b01e240ddc6177f.JPG

426795277_DodgemLogo.jpg.e60c349d8aea2d1b4f6a96ff2b8a6d06.jpg

1983505454_KaleidoscopeImage.thumb.jpg.985f8cef63d96dcb4c6dbda49122ddde.jpg

Kaleidoscope_Logo.jpg.1bfd076c3712a6f7fb992bbafffc012e.jpg

1530824142_ParksidePavilionImage.thumb.jpg.2036d2ef1460fd498e8942bcd560b549.jpg

1253465777_ParksidePavilionLogo.thumb.jpg.90aa3b62e4d784e1d51a47da76e50689.jpg

1056703449_SunsetBeachBar.thumb.jpg.59f3c3d3d743ca692beb8a1cb8470571.jpg

1968084817_WWKCabanas.thumb.jpg.5aab13e11f1bf2a583c45c460c98707e.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Looks like a really solid addition to the park with some nice improvements! Seems like CF is doing a lot more this year. (Or maybe since they are announcing it all at once it seems like more)

I think I'm actually more excited about the Cirque show and the full service bar at the water park than I am for the ride announcements. If they ran the program like Skooters at you know where, that would be one thing...but you know that they won't.

What's with all the red Troikas? I would think that Dorney's would match the logo and at least have a yellow and a green wheel.

Well, sometimes the conceptual imagery can be slightly incorrect when it comes to colours. Each arm may sport one colour considering there are three arms and three colours on the sign. Despite of what colour Kaleidoscope will be, it's nice to see that Dorney Park is receiving a great ride opposed to removing more. Mike Fehnel seems to be doing wonders for Dorney Park which is great to see!

parkside_pavilion_image_0.jpg

I see WWL, but where's Hydra?

clearly this means hydra is being removed amirite

Someone said on Instagram that Dorney is rumored to be removing one of their big coasters, and I'd guess this one. I asked what was the source and I haven't gotten a reply so I'll let you all know once I hear back