TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The workers I experienced weren't as terrible as the ones mentioned before, but they were just so impressively consistent at being miserable and slow. I'd easily put Jolly Roger's ride ops above them. They were slow as hell and b*tchy, but at least that's a tiny park where the operations don't matter that much.

I've seen both SFFT and Great Adventure move the lines pretty quick with their coasters, so long as guests are complying with the ride ops' instructions. Usually they keep people standing "on deck" for the next train to come while loading the other train, plus both parks did a good job of stopping the main line and sending people evenly to each side of the ride.

That being said, while I think this itself is a good addition to SFNE, I think Six Flags as a whole is starting to make a pattern with the whole "put the same ride everywhere" thing, kind of like how every park has gotten the Larson loop "coaster" flat ride in the past couple years. I know that this isn't exactly new for them, with 3 Superman Flyers in the chain, a ton of BTR clones, then the Dark Knight coasters a couple years back, but the more they do it, the less special and unique each park feels. I'll be kind of disappointed if every single Six Flags ends up with the exact same 4D Free Fly 3 years from now.

It may not be a nice thing to say, but in my opinion it's also an honest observation. That's not to say they don't have a few people that rise above the climate of mediocrity and rudeness towards guests but those people are the exception, not the rule. The staff is a little better than they used to be. Ironically I think the single worst year they ever had staff wise was the year they were voted by the Golden Ticket awards as the 5th friendlest park in the world (which had to be done sarcastically).

The culture is ingrained going way, way, way back. Also I'm sure whatever year that was had to be the one they had ACE's CoasterCon.

I can somewhat sympathize with those who didn't enjoy the ride experience. Just like the Intamin Zac-Spin coasters, free-spinning means free-spinning. Sometimes you get a mild ride, sometimes you get a more intense but really fun ride, but sometimes you get a very out-of-balance ride that spins uncontrollably, which I found felt like a more intense, more unpleasant flat ride experience like a Zipper or something.

This park has bad ops? I can only account from my one visit but the ride ops I encountered were really nice and helpful. Some told me to to use the flash pass entrance since I was a single rider and I even had one ride op on the water coaster find a group of people for me to ride with since I was alone. I felt that was going above and beyond.

This piece of sh*t is open again as of about 5 minutes ago.

14045651_10207234751206477_125832021366956477_n.jpg?oh=719c1dd9347c52e63d92049b0ddfd3ca&oe=584FEE6E

First train in over 2 months... (From the SF New England Connoisseurs page). Hurry up and ride it before the next catastrophic failure. Time is ticking.

Ugh! Even though I've heard bad things about the ride, I still wanted to ride it last week!

What's the best plan of attack at this park? Will be there in a few weeks, I believe on Labor Day (Monday).

I assume with VR, get on Superman first before the switchover. How about Cyclone and the rest?

Also, do they really enforce the height limit on the rides here? I am 6'5"-6'6" and really worried about Superman with the 76" height limit. Not sure how closely they watch and/or care. Been wanting to ride this thing forever, so hoping it won't be an issue. CP has limits on nearly everything but I am never asked/checked except at Gatekeeper.

Also, do they really enforce the height limit on the rides here? I am 6'5"-6'6" and really worried about Superman with the 76" height limit.

I'm 6'4 and I've never once been checked. They have a height stick over by the ride lockers but they don't really pay any attention.

Also, do they really enforce the height limit on the rides here? I am 6'5"-6'6" and really worried about Superman with the 76" height limit.

I'm 6'4 and I've never once been checked. They have a height stick over by the ride fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo but they don't really pay any attention.

As someone who is 6'6", I went into my first trip to Six Flags New England with high hopes that my height wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, I was unable to ride Superman, Goliath, Mind Eraser (thank god), and Gotham City Gauntlet(?). Not sure why I wasn't able to go on Gauntlet, but I always will abide by the rules and would hate to cause a scene at the ride and slow down operations. Nevertheless, Wicked Cyclone was a really really well-put-together ride, with, in my opinion, a perfect blend of elements(great job RMC!) All in all, still a good day trip even though I was not able to ride Superman.