TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ There has already been a permit filled for a star flyer ride. I believe if there was anything else left they would have added the permit.

Do you have the link to the permit? I'd like to see it.

It was posted a few pages back: https://epermits2.logis.org/permits/permitdetails.aspx?city=sh&permitnbr=SH084910

Capture.JPG.1531b6e089272bb6a380d667146faf79.JPG

Edited by larrygator

Is the Fudge Shop going to be the new building for the Star Flyer ride? Will the Fudge Shop be relocated some were else in the park? And is this the first Cedar Fair park to get a Star Flyer?

I am not too sure about the Fudge Shop but, what I do know is that it will be the first Star Flyer at a Cedar Fair park.

Does anyone know what orange markings mean? Last time I rode High Roller, I noticed some orange markings on the ground to the right of the second hill and turnaround.

It means they're having fun messing with us.

If they want to move the fudge shop someplace I'd suggest that consolidating candy / coffee / and fudge into one side at the entrance gate and souvenirs on the other, or else Depot Refreshments doesn't seem to get a lot of use and they don't always bother even opening it.

Im going to make a prediction on the name of the new star flyer if indeed that is one thing Valleyfair is getting for 2017. The name will be Stratosoar!

I just read an article from 2010 when Cedar Point announced their windseeker. Apparantly Cedarfair had an agreement with funtime to purchase a star flyer instead even going to the point where they filed a trademark application for the name Stratosoar. Cedar point changed their mind and got a windseeker intead. Funtime filed a lawsuit and somewhere along the way it was settled. I couldn't find the settlement agreement though. Any thoughts?

^The Funtime lawsuit had to due with the fact that the Mondial Windseeker model was so similar to theirs.

Yes, you are correct. So if Cedar Fair did indeed get the trademark for Startosoar, it only makes sense that they would name their first star flyer using that name.

Did you know that the starflyer can be programmed to spin backwards as well as forwards. Apparently when spinning backwards it tilts your chair forward causing you to face the ground. It also can be programmed to ascend and descend multiple time per ride. That is how many European parks have them programmed. Hopefully Valleyfair will follow that example and have them do more that just spin forward and go up once per ride. I, for one am really looking forward to a star flyer. I watched several POV's and the chairs really sway and tilt especially if its windy. Windseekers are too rigid and do not do that. I'v ridden the windseeker at Carowinds and found it amusing and relaxing but definitely not thrilling.

Im going to make a prediction on the name of the new star flyer if indeed that is one thing Valleyfair is getting for 2017. The name will be Stratosoar!

I just read an article from 2010 when Cedar Point announced their windseeker. Apparantly Cedarfair had an agreement with funtime to purchase a star flyer instead even going to the point where they filed a trademark application for the name Stratosoar. Cedar point changed their mind and got a windseeker intead. Funtime filed a lawsuit and somewhere along the way it was settled. I couldn't find the settlement agreement though. Any thoughts?

How about NO

image.thumb.jpeg.cabbe91a25450fb568357a290ecdbbf5.jpeg

^The Funtime lawsuit had to due with the fact that the Mondial Windseeker model was so similar to theirs.

Yes, you are correct. So if Cedar Fair did indeed get the trademark for Startosoar, it only makes sense that they would name their first star flyer using that name.

Did you know that the starflyer can be programmed to spin backwards as well as forwards. Apparently when spinning backwards it tilts your chair forward causing you to face the ground. It also can be programmed to ascend and descend multiple time per ride. That is how many European parks have them programmed. Hopefully Valleyfair will follow that example and have them do more that just spin forward and go up once per ride. I, for one am really looking forward to a star flyer. I watched several POV's and the chairs really sway and tilt especially if its windy. Windseekers are too rigid and do not do that. I'v ridden the windseeker at Carowinds and found it amusing and relaxing but definitely not thrilling.

A couple of seasons ago SFStL ran theirs backwards for Fright Fest, and it is currently programmed to ascend and descend the tower twice. (Well, it descends halfway once and then completely at the end of the ride cycle).

A couple of seasons ago SFStL ran theirs backwards for Fright Fest, and it is currently programmed to ascend and descend the tower twice. (Well, it descends halfway once and then completely at the end of the ride cycle).

The Mondial Windseekes also have the option to spin backwards as well. At least I've seen it on the control panel for the Worlds of Fun relocated one from Knott's.

The Mondial Windseekes also have the option to spin backwards as well. At least I've seen it on the control panel for the Worlds of Fun relocated one from Knott's.

That would be a fun ride. I would definitely give that a go.

That would be a fun ride. I would definitely give that a go.

You will have to wait until new rides are announced! That is how it will be marketed.