Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 pm

coasterbill wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^Exactly...unless you're going on a Saturday in late October when you'll run into Howl-o-Scream crowds.

Actually this wouldn't be an awful thing either now that I think about it. Yes, the crowds at night will be huge but the event is really amazing. We went last year and were blown away. If you haven't been to a big budget haunt like Universal I would almost suggest going out of your way for it if you're into that kind of thing. We were used to small regional park haunts (Six Flags Fright Fest, Halloweekends... things like that) and this is on an entirely different level. Since you'll be in Florida in October I'd suggest that or HHN if it works with your schedule.

I wish it could but we're going down the 11th and leaving the 14th so the 12th is dedicated to BGT and the 13th for a Big Cat sanctuary.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:01 am

Very excited to be a the park today while visiting my brother down in Tampa. Any tips?
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:03 am

TyRush wrote:Very excited to be a the park today while visiting my brother down in Tampa. Any tips?

My only tip is ride Kumba as many times as possible.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 am

Yes...

Kumba: Back row, right seat (closest to the exit platform)... seriously

Montu: Back row

Watch the Cheetah Run presentation

Have fun! BGT is an amazing park.

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:26 am

TyRush wrote:Very excited to be a the park today while visiting my brother down in Tampa. Any tips?

Try to get a night ride on Kumba.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:43 am

I love pie wrote:

Try to get a night ride on Kumba.

As well as a night ride on Montu (front row), before you leave.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 pm

know it's late in the day (just got home from work . sorry).

my tip is to ask at Falcon's Fury if they have any single rider line. They might pull you way forward in the queue to fill an empty slot that would help you avoid the long,long line it gets.

(oh, and don't skip Scorpion.. awesome older coaster).

here's the trip report from when we were there 3 weeks ago (that I mentioned a few pages back I had been working on. . done now, with lots of BGT pics):

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72163
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks for all the tips and the TR^

I had a blast today we didn't stay till night time we went right at opening and left around 5 right before the rain started. I have absolutely nothing but amazing things to say about this park. I enjoyed every coaster

If I had to pick a surprise and a disappointment, I'd have to say Kumba blew me away. I am now a Kumba fanboy 110%. One of the most intense coasters I have been on and relentless too. A disappointment is Cheetah Hunt, which is odd that Intamin fell short to B&M. Although I did ride Falcon 7 times and it is truly spectacular so they didn't totally disappoint. Montu was amazing just as I expected as well as Shrieka which I'd say beats out Griffion IMO. Scorpion was very fun too for its age. I must say Cobra just didn't do it for me. Not much spinning and very lackluster in unique elements but still fun for the family nonetheless.

Gwazi sat rotting as I stared at it each time I rode Shrieka or Falcon, such a shame with the awesome layout. I really hope they do something soon. There is also much more open land around the coaster that would really come in handy should they demolish it completely and build from scratch. Here's to hoping it finds peace soon.
image.jpeg
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CoasterGoddess » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:37 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^Exactly...unless you're going on a Saturday in late October when you'll run into Howl-o-Scream crowds.

Actually this wouldn't be an awful thing either now that I think about it. Yes, the crowds at night will be huge but the event is really amazing. We went last year and were blown away. If you haven't been to a big budget haunt like Universal I would almost suggest going out of your way for it if you're into that kind of thing. We were used to small regional park haunts (Six Flags Fright Fest, Halloweekends... things like that) and this is on an entirely different level. Since you'll be in Florida in October I'd suggest that or HHN if it works with your schedule.

I wish it could but we're going down the 11th and leaving the 14th so the 12th is dedicated to BGT and the 13th for a Big Cat sanctuary.

Hi B&M.
If you have any interest in experiencing a top Halloween experience I would suggest you switch days and do Big Cat on Wed 12th and BGT on Thurs 13th since Howl-O-Scream is that evening. I would call and ask about a day ticket / Howl-O-Scream ticket combo. Didn't see much on their website, but I bet they have a discount if you are at their park during the day. Most rides are running between day park and Howl-O-Scream event times for those who have tickets to both. Thursdays are the slowest Howl-O-Scream nights so you will have time to ride some of your favorite coasters at night besides going through all of the haunted houses. They usually have 7-8 haunted houses, 1 or 2 shows - Fiends show is very popular, many kinds of roaming monsters, some on stilts, and special haunt areas through the park. It's a fun experience you must try once, unless you hate anything scary. Riding the coasters at night may make it worth it for you. Iceplorations and Opening Night Critters are great daytime shows to try to fit in with the coasters during your visit. It should be slow so weather permitting you can get in many re-rides! :airtime: :airtimer: Enjoy!
"Character matters; leadership descends from character." - Rush Limbaugh

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:43 pm

TyRush wrote:I'd have to say Kumba blew me away. I am now a Kumba fanboy 110%. One of the most intense coasters I have been on and relentless too.

:nina: It really is one of the best "old loopers" in existence today, if not THE best! :b

Sorry to hear about Cheetah Hunt... I haven't had the opportunity to ride it yet, but am very excited to do so on my next trip to Florida. Maybe I should temper my expectations somewhat...

I just love BGT! Definitely my favorite place to go when I visit Florida, and yes, that's including all of the Orlando attractions!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!