TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening TR!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think a Midway Mania clone would be better at the second park.

Maybe a trackless dark ride? I can definitely see something like Ratatouille themed to Toy Story in this park.

Given that they don't have a trackless dark ride yet, you have to think that's on the eventual attraction roadmap, right? And where's the 4D movie?

I'm curious how much local popularity is playing in terms of which IP they're putting in - Pirates obviously is a HEAVY presence, Tron over "non film based Space Mountain" isn't much of a reach, but is it popular in China? What else is big / bigger there than here?

^ Surprisingly, nearly everybody I asked has watched the TRON movie and they pretty much all agreed it was a giant WTF on their faces but the special effects are cool.

Hmm I think recent Disney movies are just generally popular all around the world. I did hear Zootopia is bigger in Asian countries than North America though (My mom watched it three times, she's not even a Disney fan). I'm sure if there is a ride themed to Zootopia, even something as simple as Pooh, people will eat it up.

Kind of surprised they would make Toy Story so similar to the HK version even if they rethemed racers. I would have thought they'd go with what was announced for Orlando.

The Shanghai TSL was in the cards around the time Hong Kong started work on their version though, so the idea likely was that they could be easily cloned between both parks, even if the plans ultimately didn't pan out.

Only semi-related, but wasn't there an Everest clone spotted in recent expansion plans on the north end? Personally I think it would be a good fit for Shanghai.

Edited by cookiex

Here's an early rendition of the park, I kept for my own memory of what was

originally thought out, including a Toy Story Land there upper left corner, First pic.

Second pic is of what's there in TSLs place...for now.

db_2012_0718_SDL_Map11.jpg.d0bb165c5c75f2a6cdc5585a6c953e75.jpg

Upper left hand corner is where TSL is supposed to eventually go, I believe.

shanghai_MAP-21.png.158b1d67c072b5dda859f0fc261e10ec.png

Upper right hand corner. Where TSL will be, eventually. And the "art design" of the back of that

"cafe/fast food" spot, upper left, makes me think of Toy Story characters, tiny as it looks. Huh.

^ Oooo a photo I've not seen before! What is that building in the back, there?

As it applies to this part of the map, I mean?

Thanks for posting this!

I don't think the capacity of the HK version is high enough to handle Shanghai's insane crowd. At this moment, Roaring Rapids has 120 minutes line and 7DMT and Soarin' has 75 minutes line. And today is Tuesday.

I think I've spent too long doing Asian trips in Korea and Japan when I look at those lines and think 'yea, those lines don't sound too bad.' I really was expecting worse for things like Soarin' and 7DMT even on weekdays.

I would love to have an Adventure Trail attraction here at my Orange County Disneyland, but someone might possibly get injured and need to file a million dollar plus lawsuit against Disney..........So that won't be happening anytime soon.

I don't understand, the Adventure Trail is basically just another ropes course (and what looks to be a Ropes Courses Inc one at that). I feel like you're overreacting a bit, they're all over the place in the US.

...that being said, once again, rest in peace Adventure Mountain.

I would love to have an Adventure Trail attraction here at my Orange County Disneyland, but someone might possibly get injured and need to file a million dollar plus lawsuit against Disney..........So that won't be happening anytime soon.

I don't understand, the Adventure Trail is basically just another ropes course (and what looks to be a Ropes Courses Inc one at that). I feel like you're overreacting a bit, they're all over the place in the US.

...that being said, once again, rest in peace Adventure Mountain.

They could fit a ropes course in Tom Sawyer Island at OC Disneyland if they really wanted to and it would fit easily with the Tom Sawyer adventure theme. It could be a way to rehash an old area of the park with something new.