TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

The only thing that really bothers me is... I couldn't help but notice Rob and Elissa is in Europe now, and I know I'm not the only one who looks forward to the best on/off-ride footage in the world. Especially on this coaster...

I also love hearing Rob narrate the on-ride experience while screaming like a little girl...

Does this mean that our hopes and dreams of seeing/ hearing this soon is shattered?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that really bothers me is... I couldn't help but notice Rob and Elissa is in Europe now, and I know I'm not the only one who looks forward to the best on/off-ride footage in the world. Especially on this coaster...

I also love hearing Rob narrate the on-ride experience while screaming like a little girl...

Does this mean that our hopes and dreams of seeing/ hearing this soon is shattered?

We won't be there for a couple of weeks still...

Out of curiosity, when will you be there? Since I'm also planning on going there (which European coaster fan doesn't?) very soon.

Out of curiosity, when will you be there? Since I'm also planning on going there (which European coaster fan doesn't?) very soon.

We aren't giving out our dates, sorry. We are on a private trip with friends and family at the moment. Not trying to be rude, but just trying to enjoy the parks on our own.

We aren't giving out our dates, sorry. We are on a private trip with friends and family at the moment. Not trying to be rude, but just trying to enjoy the parks on our own.

Enjoy the trip!

I'll take that pov/ narration anyway/ time I can get it.

Safety first! Hopefully this doesn't mean Lightning Rod and other RMCs with the non-Gerst trains are closed as well.

Guess that could be true as Lightning Rod also seems to be closed until next week, look at the Dollywood thread.

That's interesting. Each "empty queue/ close ride" we had while waiting for Lightning Rod happened when the restraints wouldn't open, causing the ride to be down for a long period of time. Maintenance had a single battery pack controller to manually unlock one row at a time for the train in the station and the train on the brakes outside of the station to let people off. In any case, it was good to know that without that very slow and specific procedure, there was no way those restraints could ever open and even when they tried to send the train around again, it wouldn't dispatch.

Kolmården just confirmed on facebook that the new cylinders have not arrived yet, and that the ride will be closed this weekend. They plan to open the ride beginning of next week.

Ingen premiärtur under midsommarhelgen!

Kolmården har i skrivande stund inte fått dom nya cylindrarna från vår leverantör Rocky Mountain i USA. Därför kommer Wildfire vara stängd under midsommarhelgen. Vi planerar för premiärtur till början av nästa vecka.

Trevlig midsommar!

According to Kolmården's Facebook the new cylinders will be delivered at lunch-time today (which actually is about right now), they will start installing them this afternoon and after some testing they will open Wildfire!

Snart körklart! Vid lunch idag levereras de nya cylindrarna till Wildfires säkerhetsbyglar hit till Kolmården och attraktionsteamet kommer att spendera eftermiddagen med att montera dem på tåget. Om allt flyter på är det sedan bara testkörningar kvar innan våra gäster kan uppleva världens bästa berg- och dalbana i trä.

This looks amazeballs! Even with all the problems this project has faced, they were still able to open it in a timely manner.

If only a certain other RMC had such luck.... This ride looks incredible.

Clearly it's because they chose to use a lift hill instead of a launch. Clearly.

This looks amazeballs! Even with all the problems this project has faced, they were still able to open it in a timely manner.

If only a certain other RMC had such luck.... This ride looks incredible.

Clearly it's because they chose to use a lift hill instead of a launch. Clearly.

At this point that is still no excuse like why haven't they called Intamin you known someone with a little experience with launching a train up a hill

But back on Topic... Holy Amazeballs Batman this coasters looks utterly fantastic!!! The name is even perfect Wildfire b/c it looks totally out of control. If there was any coaster that makes me want to drop everything pack my bags and hop on a plane it's this one.

Still only one-train operation, they hope to get the cylinders for the second train during this week though. According to GP on Facebook the waiting times weren't much more than 20 minuets though, so that's nice