TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! 56,000 views, 5,000 reactions, 1,000+ shares, and reached 200,000 people in just two hours! I'd say people seem to think Wildfire looks pretty kick A$$!

55,000 views out of 56,000 are mine can't stop to watch this pov

Holy crap! 56,000 views, 5,000 reactions, 1,000+ shares, and reached 200,000 people in just two hours! I'd say people seem to think Wildfire looks pretty kick A$$!

I hope planning and developing managers are taking notice, this is what the people want!

...Exactly!... CF Development, this is what all RMCs at your parks should look like!

OMG, that looks so much faster than all of the other RMCs! It looks like it whips through those inversions and charges through the course! Definitely blows Lightning Rod (and everything else!) out of the water. The airtime on this is going to be INSANE. RMC never ceases to amaze me! You guys in the area (or with the funds to fly over) are so lucky!

What a substantial ride. Looks great!

Somebody posted a comment about them speeding the video up... I swear I was about to smash my head against a desk if there was one around me

I mean, I'll be honest, if I caught that video halfway through instead of watching from the beginning I would initially have that thought as well.

I hope planning and developing managers are taking notice, this is what the people want!

...Exactly!... CF Development, this is what all RMCs at your parks should look like!

Seriously! This is what I keep thinking... I'm not exactly sure why park operators these days, especially prominent park operators who are arguably the leaders the amusement (not theme) park field at this time (and have far more resources than parks like Kolmarden, and even Kentucky Kingdom), continue to intentionally build inferior product, when the ability to create things like this, and even greater models, are at their fingertips! Very puzzling... Hopefully that tide begins to turn, and maybe, just maybe, something as good (if not better) than this is built somewhere I'll actually get a chance to ride it!

That looks really good despite the camera quality being that of a early 2000s camera

what the heck are you talking about?

looks perfectly fine for me (and it's at 1080 as well)

can't wait to take a ride on this

Video quality excellent on my end, seamless 1080 on a 15" macbook pro. Love, love, love the little touches to the video like the music and Wildfire buzz saw at the end of the video.

Oh and OMFG that looks insane!!! The track goes on and on and on, I seriously had my jaw on the ground after watching it. Congratulations Kolmarden for building a ride that will knock it out of the park. The beauty of the layout compliments the ground/cliffs it was built on perfectly. Some day I hope to travel to Sweden to see your animals and ride Wildfire!

That moment when you wish you weren't a part-time working college student & actually had the means to travel to Sweden for Wildfire before the next semester starts.

Yep, exactly how I feel right now.

ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL THE WORLD & RIDE ROLLER COASTERS, DAMNIT!

Anywho, this coaster is a damn beast. I honestly think it's one of RMC's best to date, not that Outlaw isn't amazing, Joker isn't awesome, or Iron Rattler isn't cool, but Wildfire is just..........fucking epic. Those smooth transitions that you don't see coming, the overall mega-structure of it, the pacing/speed. Orgasmic.

ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL THE WORLD & RIDE ROLLER COASTERS, DAMNIT!

Make sure you do it before you start having kids then! Not saying I don't love my kids more than anything (because I do), but most of my coaster credits are from before they were born, just sayin'...

Seriously! This is what I keep thinking... I'm not exactly sure why park operators these days, especially prominent park operators who are arguably the leaders the amusement (not theme) park field at this time (and have far more resources than parks like Kolmarden, and even Kentucky Kingdom), continue to intentionally build inferior product, when the ability to create things like this, and even greater models, are at their fingertips! Very puzzling... Hopefully that tide begins to turn, and maybe, just maybe, something as good (if not better) than this is built somewhere I'll actually get a chance to ride it!

Honestly, before this ride, I haven't been impressed with the work RMC has done. Maybe this will be a turn in the right direction.

^I've ridden three RMC coasters, and have been impressed by each of them: New Texas Giant, Twisted Colossus, and Goliath (which is the weakest of the group, but still a very good ride).

^^This statement boggles my mind! Have you ridden one yet? Not only are their rides visually stunning, but each and every one they build seems better and more amazeballs than the last. And NTAG was incredible to start from. Wildfire is just a new cherry on top of an incredible sundae of coasters that they have already amassed. IMHO, Storm chaser, the baby of the RMC family is probably in the top 3-5% of steel coasters in the world.

Still sad about Lightning Rod having to be torn down though. But it looked incredible on paper. Probably a top 5 woodie at worst. Thinking it could have been an easy #2 or #3. Too bad we'll never know.

Looking forward to getting to Kolmarden one day and riding this beast. It looks amazing!

^^This statement boggles my mind! Have you ridden one yet? Not only are their rides visually stunning, but each and every one they build seems better and more amazeballs than the last. And NTAG was incredible to start from. Wildfire is just a new cherry on top of an incredible sundae of coasters that they have already amassed. IMHO, Storm chaser, the baby of the RMC family is probably in the top 3-5% of steel coasters in the world.

Still sad about Lightning Rod having to be torn down though. But it looked incredible on paper. Probably a top 5 woodie at worst. Thinking it could have been an easy #2 or #3. Too bad we'll never know.

Looking forward to getting to Kolmarden one day and riding this beast. It looks amazing!

What are you talking about with lightning rod? Rode it yesterday lol

#Itllneveropen

I'm sure you did.

Very well done RMC. My favorite part is where you go through the little shed and get whipped up and to the side through the head chopper support structure. I noticed 2 parts where the pacing slowed up but just a tiny bit. Ive watched the pov so many times now I lost count. You know you've built a great coaster when. Any off ride video anywhere?