Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Mon May 23, 2016 2:37 pm

wow, that's all i can say about that video.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BenBlom » Mon May 23, 2016 2:38 pm

My god does that look awesome. I'm there on 01-06 so really hoping on getting a ride in :).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon May 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Super jealous of everyone getting to ride this coaster today!! It looks amazing!! Congrats to those who are getting to experience it!! I can't wait to get up there later this season to try it out!!
Bigger is not always better.

I used to live in Utah, then Alan Schilke took out a restraining order

Postby GoBears » Mon May 23, 2016 2:40 pm

I really hope Lightning Rod is open tomorrow and/or Wednesday. I tried getting to the park as quickly as I could today but ran into some problems with the cabin I'm checking into so I won't have time.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

Postby prozach626 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:40 pm

mother of God...

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Mon May 23, 2016 2:42 pm

bout frekin time it's running
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

Postby VF15 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Okay, here's my full Lightning Rod review:

I had been walking past the ride about every hour or so since I was aware of the rumors that it might soft open today. When I walked by around 12:45, I noticed that there were people on the ride that didn't look like employees. After looking around for a bit, I saw an employee handing out boarding passes to ride during the technical ride rehearsal session. I was able to get one, and then proceeded up the steps to the station. Waited there for a minute, then I was assigned a seat in the fifth row. As the train pulled out of the station, everyone on the train was going nuts. Then we headed up the launched lift hill. The launch wasn't mind-blowing, but it is one of the better launches I've experienced. The first drop was awesome with great air! The first banked turned after the lift hill was the only spot where I felt the ride let up at all (still a fun element). After that, it was pedal-to-the-metal all the way to the end, with a layout full of speed, intensity, airtime, quick transitions, and the out-of-control feeling. This might also be the smoothest coaster I've ridden, no roughness whatsoever. The best part of the ride for me was by far the quad-down, full of great ejector air! The last turn before the brake run was just icing on the cake. The train was roaring with applause as we returned to the station. A few hours later, I'm still shocked that it happened. I wouldn't have been able to come back tomorrow because my flight back home leaves tomorrow morning, so the fact that I got to ride it is almost a miracle. Overall, Lightning Rod is truly an amazing coaster. It's my new favorite wooden coaster and my #2 coaster overall (out of 85 coasters), with Fury 325 being the only coaster I rank higher. Huge thanks to Dollywood, Rocky Mountain Construction, and everyone else involved with this project. I would certainly recommend making a trip out to Dollywood to ride it, but I would wait until they officially announce an opening date (hopefully tomorrow or sometime this week) before making plans if you aren't a local.

One more thing: I met and said hi to MonorailORANGE (the other poster here who rode it) while in line for Wild Eagle, and we both agreed that the #ItllNeverOpen movement going on in this thread is really getting ridiculous. :lmao:
image.jpeg
#ItHasSoftOpened
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kickflipbacktail » Mon May 23, 2016 3:05 pm

WildEagle2014 wrote:Here is a video

OH MY GOD :lover: :airtime:
If it aint broke RMC the hell out of it. If it is broke.... RMC THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Mon May 23, 2016 3:17 pm

AWESOME :b :lover:
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

How does the launch compare to Hulk?

Also, how f-ed up does it feel in the back rows?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!