Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkyle » Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 am

The train going around 100 times is a CF policy not IROC.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 05, 2016 10:24 am

I stand corrected then. Anyway I don't entirely mind it, it was just funny that they had to do it on a busy operating day and it wasn't done earlier and like I said I don't blame the ride ops one bit.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 am

coasterbill wrote:Millennium Force's third (yellow) train wasn't used until the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We were there that day and thanks to their ridiculous new policies they had to cycle it empty ONE HUNDRED TIMES that day before they could load it which they were finally able to do at night.

It's ridiculous that they are ensuring that particular train is safe for you to ride? You are complaining that the third train was not ready? Did you ever think for a split second that there may have been a delay with that train? They are stripped and inspected completely during the off season, then rebuilt. Sometimes, parts are replaced as needed.

Rides are REQUIRED for a minimum number of cycles by different departments. Maintenence, state, operations, etc. From my experience, operations are the last to get control of the ride. Then before they can put anyone on the trains, they must have a minimum number of cycles per ride vehicle.

I can tell you, things do not always go as planned when it comes to commissioning these rides.

As someone who works at a park, I am very offended by you post. How dare you call something that is done for YOUR safety "ridiculous"? Every rule or procedure a park has is for YOUR safety.

"Now back to your regularly scheduled program."

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Bigger is not always better.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 pm

B&MBoy1982 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Millennium Force's third (yellow) train wasn't used until the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We were there that day and thanks to their ridiculous new policies they had to cycle it empty ONE HUNDRED TIMES that day before they could load it which they were finally able to do at night.

It's ridiculous that they are ensuring that particular train is safe for you to ride? You are complaining that the third train was not ready? Did you ever think for a split second that there may have been a delay with that train? They are stripped and inspected completely during the off season, then rebuilt. Sometimes, parts are replaced as needed.

Rides are REQUIRED for a minimum number of cycles by different departments. Maintenence, state, operations, etc. From my experience, operations are the last to get control of the ride. Then before they can put anyone on the trains, they must have a minimum number of cycles per ride vehicle.

I can tell you, things do not always go as planned when it comes to commissioning these rides.

As someone who works at a park, I am very offended by you post. How dare you call something that is done for YOUR safety "ridiculous"? Every rule or procedure a park has is for YOUR safety.

"Now back to your regularly scheduled program."

Dude, seriously??

You're acting like he personally attacked you or something! It's not that serious......you might want to calm down and take a deep breath or something.... :roll:

Besides, this is Bill we're talking about here, who's one of the easiest going guys on this site, haha! The only real issue he has is that perplexing enjoyment of Mean Streak! ;) :lol:
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 05, 2016 12:16 pm

B&MBoy1982 wrote:I am very offended by you post.

Then perhaps you misunderstood my post and maybe I didn't word it the best. I praised the ride crew, my issue was that they cycled it 100 times empty on a busy operating day on a ride where they generally never dispatch a train until they're triple stacked because of the blocking setup so it slowed down operations on a really busy day. I was surprised they didn't do it after hours.

Really the level of complaining in my post was minimal. I brought it up to build upon the point that this park really takes awhile to hit their stride which was already being discussed... not to bash the ride crews (though for awhile IROC was killing them last year like with the "no steak skipping when seat checking" rules) but as I'm not an insider I don't know what's dictated by IROC and what's not so as I said I stand corrected on that one.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Valravn Media Day! Cassy and Travis TR

Postby partycat » Thu May 05, 2016 12:32 pm

We had the pleasure of attending media for Valravn, and here are my thoughts:
-The entrance and area created for Valravn are incredible, not only because they look nice but they really open up the park and connect it to everything else. This ride is right next to the area for Blue Streak, and before that area was just like a dead end and now it is all opened up and connects well. I think this is one of my favorite parts of this new addition, it really brings it in full circle and connects everything together.
-Originally we thought we would not like the ride because of the different restraints, but that really did not have much effect on the ride experience. I think is is still a great ride and compatible to Griffon or SheiKra, though you don't get the room that you had on the others to move around as much. The view from the top of the lift hill and right before the drop are INCREDIBLE you can see the whole park and a lot of the other rides and Lake Eerie in the background. The ride itself is nice and smooth and gives you some nice airtime and drops. This ride is MASSIVE compared to the other coasters in the area.
-Valravn is a nice visual addition to the skyline. It is also is a very nice addition to the park and adds more variety to the coasters around it and to the types of coasters at the park.
-They also have a list of Valravn themed foods and drinks added to the things you can buy in and out of the park. There will be a couple new Coke Freestyle choices available including one called "Flavaravn Fizz", a new Valravn themed beer, Valravn ice cream flavor (inside and outside the park), and Dunkin Donuts will have a Valravn themed donut at the nearby locations.
Heres a collection of pictures we took and you can also check out the updates posted on TPR's Twitter:
IMG_1287.jpg
New banners in the entrance sign!
IMG_1267.jpg
That new skyline <3
IMG_5373.jpg
Stayed at Castaway Bay and they have a new locking system!
IMG_5375.jpg
Yay! RFID!
IMG_5383.jpg
Thats us!
IMG_5388.jpg
Lots of news vans everywhere!
IMG_5403.jpg
:)
IMG_1298.jpg
The lighting package for the ride is beautiful and rainbow-y
IMG_1311.jpg
love this area, its right next to the drop for family to watch and take pictures
IMG_1332.jpg
<3
IMG_1341.jpg
Chickie and Pete's was opened for us to come in and sit and snack
IMG_1401.jpg
Lots of breakfast foods to chose from!
IMG_1375.jpg
great spot to take selfies!
IMG_1384.jpg
we got these really cool windbreakers when we checked in
IMG_1389.jpg
twisty
IMG_1393.jpg
look at all those twists! and all the coasters in the background!
IMG_1403.jpg
new gift shop!
IMG_1404.jpg
look at all the Valravn goodies you can buy!
IMG_1406.jpg
more stuff!
IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1430.jpg
they also had the new FunPix station set up!
IMG_1431.jpg
so this is a Valravn?
IMG_1433.jpg
<3
IMG_1436.jpg
loved the signage!
IMG_1440.jpg
Twists and the new walking area.
IMG_1454.jpg
IMG_1461.jpg
look at that drop!
IMG_1466.jpg
IMG_1467.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg
Raptor's colors really compliment Valravn's colors
IMG_1484.jpg
I took a lot of this picture
IMG_1498.jpg
new entrance!
IMG_1501.jpg
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg
new interactive park map at the entrance to Valravn
IMG_1512.jpg
New ice cream available in and out of the park
IMG_1513.jpg
Valravn themed donuts available at the nearby locations
IMG_1514.jpg
Valravn themed beer!! Yes!
IMG_1515.jpg
Raptors new paint job looks so good!
IMG_1521.jpg
IMG_1528.jpg
updated walkway, they were installing lights while we were there
IMG_1543.jpg
Lets play the game "how many rides are in this picture?"
IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1549.jpg
IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:34 pm

I get what you are saying. I just want everyone to keep in mind that there is a reason for everything that parks do.

While unfortunate as it may be not to be able to run at full capacity, sometimes things happen, and is put of the ride operators hands.

Believe me, it is easier to run the ride than it is to be closed, or running what seems like JUST an emty train.

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Yeah sorry I could have worded that better. I have to poke the bear just one more time though and I'm sorry but...

B&MBoy1982 wrote:I just want everyone to keep in mind that there is a reason for everything that parks do.

Can you explain the reason for the inconsistent Cedar point rain policy? I won't even argue, I just want to know the reasoning that they used to come up with it and what makes them seemingly change it on a daily basis for each ride (besides Dragster). I just want to understand... lol

Don't hate me forever

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu May 05, 2016 12:44 pm

B&MBoy1982 wrote:I just want everyone to keep in mind that there is a reason for everything that parks do.

I think we are all very well aware of that.

On a positive note, the lights on Valravn's lift hill look amazing!! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext