TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

So does this park have any actual theming? From the overhead it looks like it has a nice front gate then a bunch of rides plopped down in a field...

With 15 Coasters though, im sure i will make a trip over in the fall. It looks a little ambitious for an August opening.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ^ said.

This park looks like RCT in real life. Rectangular grids, pretty much zero landscaping, and only catalog model coasters. It's a shame (from an enthusiast's point of view) that this much money goes into something as unimaginative. At least they have a kick-ass looking Intamin. But hey who knows maybe they'll add heaps of theming in the next few years to bring the rides together and actually make this a park!

What a strange park! The entrance and the Dinosaur area looks really good. You then have one third of the park where it looks like they just went crazy and bought every single ride in the catalogue, and plopped them down RCT style. And then on the other side there looks to be one hell of a long walk to to get to the Intamin looper. The big fountain looks great at night though, with all the lights and lasers!

Oh and btw, anyone else found this part hilarious??

1734310218_Skjermbilde2016-04-2518_08_43.jpg.02db02627b0655ac4f69bc2019a54180.jpg

What a strange park! The entrance and the Dinosaur area looks really good. You then have one third of the park where it looks like they just went crazy and bought every single ride in the catalogue, and plopped them down RCT style. And then on the other side there looks to be one hell of a long walk to to get to the Intamin looper. The big fountain looks great at night though, with all the lights and lasers!

Oh and btw, anyone else found this part hilarious??

Yes! And there were also other times where there were a group of grown men all on the self powered peddling monorail.

The random plotting of rides through out the park without any theming really reminds me of Mitsui Greenland. Makes me wonder if each ride will be operated by a separate vendor. I also wonder what the dinosaur themed attraction will be. No matter how this park turns out, there definitely won't be a shortage of things to ride when this thing opens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been mentioned in the Holiday World thread but i'm now pretty certain that the Intamin hyper splash at Ankapark is Giraffica/Pilgrims Plunge from Holiday World

My reasoning being the track used on the drop is unique as it allows water to run down it. Divertical, Hydro Racer and Typhoon all have just plain coaster track. Also look closely at the drop on the Ankapark ride and you can see some unpainted grey sections near the bottom.

HW1.thumb.jpg.90afa1a155a588ec03e13c842be28a11.jpg

HW2.thumb.jpg.7f1b093d1cd516fac1051af9d40e0f3b.jpg

I'm not 100% certain because there is no official confirmation but the evidence at least leans that way

This has been mentioned in the Holiday World thread but i'm now pretty certain that the Intamin hyper splash at Ankapark is Giraffica/Pilgrims Plunge from Holiday World

My reasoning being the track used on the drop is unique as it allows water to run down it. Divertical, Hydro Racer and Typhoon all have just plain coaster track. Also look closely at the drop on the Ankapark ride and you can see some unpainted grey sections near the bottom.

[attachment=0]HW1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]HW2.jpg[/attachment]

I'm not 100% certain because there is no official confirmation but the evidence at least leans that way

Oh, cool, the park with all production model clones bought a failed ride. Sounds like a great time.

Two wild mice, two Chinese knockoffs, some Intamin goodness........ and Giraffica. I was like "the only thing that could make this even richer would be a volare"... then I scroll down on rcdb, there's a volare.

It's like something out of the "weird coaster dreams" thread.

Two wild mice, two Chinese knockoffs, some Intamin goodness........ and Giraffica. I was like "the only thing that could make this even richer would be a volare"... then I scroll down on rcdb, there's a volare.

It's like something out of the "weird coaster dreams" thread.

Oh it could be even richer. How about a Chinese knock of Volare?

12387820_10100702493322412_985496664_n.jpg.d6af6492ef629db1d817e04129520ab2.jpg

This lovely piece of nightmare fuel has been sat at the BSA test site in Beijing for almost a year. perhaps the best place for it.

BSA.JPG.99cb7624d9aba382f742aeae8a0e32b6.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

It's so weird seeing all the flat rides just sitting there next to a dirt road with no theming around it and no signs of any construction for pathways or theming. Also weird seeing trains just being laid there and not on a transfer track in a maintenance shed and seeing standing water on the jet skis, it just look like they literally built it just to build it then abandoned it.

• 9 months later...

Long time no see... It should be close to completion, right?

DOF Robotics, a young turkish company, is providing the park with a motion-simulator:

By the way, the park is also getting a Flying Theater... Do we know who is the manufacturer? It got a semi-sphere screen, like the chinese versions... but may it be DOF Robotics again? They have a Flying Theater on their catalogue... with a twist, like literally it can do barrel rolls:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ankapark is opening this Monday (according to RCDB)!!!

I can't wait to see what come of this park, the sheer bizarreness of this place makes me super intrigued to see how this play out. Does anyone have any updates on what's been added since the last update?

Ankapark is opening this Monday (according to RCDB)!!!

Unfortunately I wouldn't be so sure about that. Here is why:

Since November 2017 the park didn't post any news on their Facebook page. Wondering about this abrupt end of information flow I searched the internet and found this article.

There you can read that the initiator and protegé of the project, Melih Gökçek, was removed by its party (!) as major of Ankara. He was replaced by Mustafa Tuna, which is not that big of an AnkaPark fan as his predecessor.

The new major was shocked that the park has already cost around 400 million dollars and decided to put the whole thing up for a public discussion.

Now, three things to consider:

1. There was already a big investment, and just cancelling the project would vaporize the money spent.

2. On the other hand, the initial idea was to drag millions of tourists to Ankara, which in my opinion is not very likely to happen. The number of tourists declined dramatically lately in turkey and the main destinations are still Istanbul and the Mediterranean coast.

3. If I remember correctly, none of the coasters was a custom model. So they will be able to sell them more easily.

Sad rumors, I know. But I hope this park will go live sometime, maybe even on April 23rd - who knows?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just checked up on the park's rcdb page, and it turns out that after changing their name to "Wonderland Eurasia," the park has finally opened! This should be interesting to follow...

Here's a few articles talking about the park opening for those wanting some more details (I have not read them all in full):

https://www.dailysabah.com/ankara/2019/03/20/europes-biggest-theme-park-wonderland-eurasia-opens-in-turkeys-ankara

https://blooloop.com/news/wonderland-eurasia-ankapark-opens-ankara-turkey/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03/20/giant-theme-park-opened-despite-rusty-roller-coasters-other-safety-concerns/

https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/europe-s-biggest-theme-park-opens-in-turkish-capital-25119

Some intersting notes:

• *Three of the articles said the park claims they have (or will have) 2117 attractions. I'd really like to know where this figure came from, did someone at the park's PR make a typo? This number seems absurdly inflated.

*Their website (
Wikipedia says this is the link) is not up yet, showing just a loading page with "Coming Soon" in Turkish

*The park does have a youtube channel, with a video announcing their opening date (March 20th) and an "introductory video" (linked below, has some footage of the park)

P.S. Sorry if this is against the rules for posting significant news before mods, though I'm assuming it's ok since nobody has really been talking about this park, and this happened two days ago.

Edited by JG-77