TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Living in Florida

Ryuusa13

Hi All,

Been a lurker here for years and now that me and the wife are getting older we are thinking about moving to Florida. Currently we live in Oklahoma, she has never lived anywhere else however, I am originally from Southern California so I am use to the "big city life"

We both love going to Orlando every year for our annual Disney / Universal trips and have stopped in towns like Winter Garden and loved the feel of it.

So other then the money pits that are our hobbies (Disney / Uni) what's it like living in Florida, especially around area's like Winter Garden? Any recommendations?

Thanks everyone,

Ryuusa13

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have quite a few friends who live in the Winter Garden area and very much enjoy it. Removed far enough from the touristy stuff but within 45 minutes you can be at any tourist thing in the city. You don't say how old and I won't ask but if you're retiring it would be great, but be aware if you'll still be working pay rates are usually much lower here than in many other states. I like to be slightly more in the action so we live in the Dr. Phillips area plus you are stuck on either lots of local or toll roads to get in and out of Winter Garden.