The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 am

It wouldn't be a bad move, from a business stance. But I agree, I do hope that if it becomes just a Water park, that Arkansas Twister is kept. It would make sense due to its location, and costs to operate a single coaster I'm sure would be significantly less than operating an entire theme park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 am

Shavethewhales wrote:I have no problem with MS focusing on their waterpark more if that is what is successful for them, but I'd hate to see them lose all their rides. These two flats seem like they are a pretty good chunk of their ride offerings...

I feel like they may just want to cannibalize the park because then they can add to FC and other CNL parks without having to buy anything new. CNL is insanely cheap.

The single biggest attendance driver for them is their summer concert series on Sat nites., They also recently added a sky coaster. They like their Halloween Season and that seems to call for a dry side as well. They also have a seemingly motivated newer owner in the Wild River Country up the road in Little Rock adding stuff. Looking at Google Earth, There's some room for expansion for the dry side opposite the waterpark but the water side is locked in by the parking lot and the Twister and unless you nibble from the existing parts of the dry side where those two rides are there's not much there. If you look at this from the air the old mine train twice removed from SGStL looks very likely to go as well. Whatever they are doing it's going to be for the 2017 season.

There's lots of addition by subtraction that could happen at that park, The old mine train gets axed for a slide complex with a water coaster.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:26 am

Vonni wrote:It wouldn't be a bad move, from a business stance. But I agree, I do hope that if it becomes just a Water park, that Arkansas Twister is kept. It would make sense due to its location, and costs to operate a single coaster I'm sure would be significantly less than operating an entire theme park.

I agree. There are a handful of parks that are all water park with one wooden coaster and it seems to work for them.

I still hope the park keeps the dry side and is just in the process of reorganizing it.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:55 am

SFOG1991 wrote:
Vonni wrote:It wouldn't be a bad move, from a business stance. But I agree, I do hope that if it becomes just a Water park, that Arkansas Twister is kept. It would make sense due to its location, and costs to operate a single coaster I'm sure would be significantly less than operating an entire theme park.

I agree. There are a handful of parks that are all water park with one wooden coaster and it seems to work for them.

I still hope the park keeps the dry side and is just in the process of reorganizing it.

The REIT that owns it isn't going to put huge investments into it. At least I think they wouldn't. Water park expansions are much cheaper than a major coaster. More bang for the buck. It seems like they are trying to sell most of what they have held for while yet taking on new properties it the same time. They sold Elitch last year yet picked up a former Knott's water park.

Postby Vonni » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 am

Really interesting observation as to the possible direction for Magic Springs. Pretty much backs up what we were recently discussing.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/magic_springs.htm

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:45 am

coasterkid124 wrote: CNL will likely keep the Space Shot in the chain. They did the same thing a few years ago when they moved one to Darien Lake. It's still a very popular attraction, but capacity is a big issue. Waits are rarely lower than 45 minutes, making it the longest or one of the longest in the park.

Screamscape has just reported that Wild Waves in Washington has just posted a teaser saying that something big is coming soon. The graphics look like some sort of a drop tower. Do you think this could be the space shot from Magic Springs?
CC:153
Top 10: El Toro, Lightning Rod, Fury 325, Skyrush, Wicked Cyclone, Iron Rattler, Boulder Dash, Superman The Ride, Nitro, Phoenix

Postby Vonni » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:31 am

I skimmed through the last few pages, so forgive me if this has already been addressed and I missed it, but has MS Space Shot already been dismantled/removed?

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:10 am

I plan on taking a quick trip to Hot Springs, AR on Oct. 22. I was wondering do anyone know how crowd levels are on Saturdays. I'm not a big fan of the haunts, and really just visiting for the credits and leave. Any tips?
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 am

^ The park really isn't worth a visit, not even just for the credits. Crowds are high on Saturdays.

1.) There really isn't that many credits there. What 4, if you don't count the children's coaster. The credits aren't even that great.

2.) Operations are awful. Everything from attractions, to food.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time with the park. The last visit we had there was the LAST visit we will ever make to the park. Worst park experience we have ever had. Anywhere.
Bigger is not always better.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:42 am

I would always rather visit a crappy park and make my own judgement. With that said set your expectations low. The only redeeming thing about the park is x-Coaster. Some compare the Mauuer Sohne Sky Loop to Premier's Sky Rocket model, but I much prefer the Sky Loop.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!