TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

GAdv leading the chain in attendance is nothing new...they've done it multiple times the last 20 years. That is why during the KK/Toro era they were making a big push to make the park a resort. It is one of the few regional parks in the country that has the attendance and potential to justify such investments.

^ I think you're confused to what a "regional park" is. Great Adventure is no WDW or Universal. People don't plan their yearly vacations around visiting.

it sure is not WDS or universal, but it sure is a park that is also visited by other states and continents. so I would say that is not a regional park

as well as cedar point or sfmm

^ You could say that about any amusement park anywhere because I can guarantee they've all been visited by a few people that aren't locals at some point in time. Doesn't change the fact that they're regional, non-resort destinations. Would you consider Luna Park at Coney Island a non-regional park? I sure wouldn't, even though it gets a ton of tourist traffic.

^ I think you're confused to what a "regional park" is. Great Adventure is no WDW or Universal. People don't plan their yearly vacations around visiting.

What are you kidding?! Jackson is beautiful tourist destination.

Right? I mean they have a Long John Silvers close by!

Right? I mean they have a Long John Silvers close by!

"Six Flags Great Adventure: Come for the thrills, stay for the Wawa."

^ Freshly remodeled Wawa!!

The idea I would pitch is that Great Adventure and Wawa go into business together. The Old Country becomes "Wawa World" with a giant Wawa being the centerpiece. From there you can base your attractions around it such as "The Wawa Tour" ala Hershey's factory tour.

It was revealed that a second bar (beer and wine) will open in the park next to Sky Screamer, it will be called Sky Bar. Another Go Fresh and the Villian's Cafe will be the only food changes in the park.

May I ask where the first bar is located? It's been a while since we have been to SFGadv so I need to plan accordingly if we visit this year. I can imagine that there are at least two frequent visitors to this thread that might be able to tell me right away???!!

And even with a bar next to Sky Screamer, the chances of it helping me challenge that ride are probably slim to none.

PS - I would also be all about a Wawa World...love me some WaWa!

Kinda' like Staten Island.......

What would you call cedarpoint then?

^ Macho Nacho is the first bar. It opened last year and is located in Plaza Del Carnaval, near El Toro.

Thanks for the quick response!

No wonder I don't remember it, as it has been at least three years since we visited the park.

A bar near El Toro? Sounds like I've died and gone to heaven!

We're a borough of NYC people actually do things here besides go to an amusement park.

Liberty Pub (Ice-cold beer & wine) is I think the first bar, That's where I've got beer before when I've gone for Gay Day.

I think the Macho Nacho just serves mixed drinks or even just margarita's if I remember correctly?

^ Liberty Pub is just a stand that serves beer. Macho Nacho is the first proper bar. And if I remember correctly, it does have beer on tap. Photo courtesy of Great Adventure History.

858062652_2015_08_03_IMG_0602copy.thumb.jpg.ac56b80a6f20de9534bef5b6052bd062.jpg

Macho Nacho Bar

Edited by Genx24

We're a borough of NYC people actually do things here besides go to an amusement park.

All good! (Couldn't help myself!)

I can confirm Macho Nacho has taps as well as mixed drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc. Food is decent to good, too. Excellent addition, unless its really crowded. Then it can be a drag.

Liberty Pub is my spot. Nice little shaded seating away from the hubbub, nary a wait to be served, and they have 4-5 taps of decent selections and wine as well. And pretzels & turkey legs too (of course).

I can confirm Macho Nacho has taps as well as mixed drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc. Food is decent to good, too. Excellent addition, unless its really crowded. Then it can be a drag.

Liberty Pub is my spot. Nice little shaded seating away from the hubbub, nary a wait to be served, and they have 4-5 taps of decent selections and wine as well. And pretzels & turkey legs too (of course).

Yeah I like Liberty Pub! There is outdoor seating so that's why I just thought it was a "bar". I wish it was like Canada where you could buy shots at a stand in the middle of the park!

No longer away from the "hubbub" as you know!

^ Eh, even with the fountain/main street/Skyscreamer/etc currently right there Liberty Pub still usually goes unnoticed by most. I still think even with the Joker there Liberty will remain a quiet little solace for us that don't like waiting more that 2-3 minutes for a beer to enjoy in the shade. Not worried in the slightest.

Cool...I am sure that we would check out all of them if we go!