Ferrari World Discussion Thread

P. 189 - Turbo Track POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Judging from the video I don't think it has the speed that Skyrush has, but I think thats due to the fact of the designers trying to create hangtime during the inversions (Kind of like you're on a plane. Get it? "Flying Aces").
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

It does look slightly slow from the videos, but a brilliant coaster regardless. Shame it's all the way over in Dubai, i'd love it here in the UK! =)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for all the coverage Dubaidave, I'm moving to Dubai for a few months this year and am really excited to go on Flying Aces, so thanks for feeding my excitement. I hope you had a good day, and thanks for the video.... the layout looks a lot of fun! If it's got airtime like Skyrush, even better, but some of those turns and inversions look fantastic and the whole flow of the coaster and the pacing look great. It looks like it's a perfect companion to Formula Rossa and with the SFX coaster I think the park will have three brilliant coasters.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks for the coverage. Even if this turn out to be a "weaker" Intamin, it still looks better than most B&M Hypers out there. I'd kill to have this thing in America!
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:53 pm

That inversion is so subtle, but so awesome.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm a little bit curious, having never ridden Skyrush, and not knowing Ferrari World policies, how do you make sure you get a wing-seat on these? Is it a case of it being assigned once you're at the gate so being, 1st or 4th at the gate? I remember being in line 4th on Nemesis once and the two kids in front jumped in the 3rd and 4th seat because they didn't want to be in the middle.

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

^You just have to wait for one.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Garet wrote:I'm a little bit curious, having never ridden Skyrush, and not knowing Ferrari World policies, how do you make sure you get a wing-seat on these? Is it a case of it being assigned once you're at the gate so being, 1st or 4th at the gate? I remember being in line 4th on Nemesis once and the two kids in front jumped in the 3rd and 4th seat because they didn't want to be in the middle.

Skyrush attendants "assign" rows but they allow you to ask. I never get denied when I ask for the back row. Then you just have to take the wing seats right away. Definitely not familiar with how they operate this coaster (unfortunately :roll: )
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Thanks for the photos and superior off ride video. Sounds like its fun, even if it *looks* slow. I learned long ago never to judge a ride until you ride it. I'm sure its great, the whip through that loop on the wing seats has gotta be wild. Can I just mention how much I love Intamin?

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby dubaidave » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:12 am

Heres my report form the flying aces launch day.

Its quite word heavy so I will put the photos at the end so can go straight to them if you don't want to read the text.

I arrived at Ferrari world 45 minutes early which meant that are checking in at the media desk I was able to explore the rest of the park and check out the other two rollercoasters is which are still under construction.

Once the launch event time arrived we made our way over to the entrance to flying aces. There were several speeches and are short video before we were ushered outside to stand directly in front of flying aces.

First off this coaster is huge. Until you are stood right underneath it you don't really get a perspective on the size of the lift hill or the loop. Next there was a race between a Ferrari car and a replica biplane. And the coast it was sent round empty so we could see it.
We all went back inside again for the ribbon-cutting ceremony and then it was time to ride.

So this is my review of the whole ride experience from entrance to exit. I must say upfront I have never ridden Skyrush. So I won't be able to make any comparisons between the two rides.

As you enter the hanger that is the start of the queue line for flying aces it's becomes very apparent that a lot of time effort and money has been put into theme in this ride.

At the entrance there is a tester seat it then you enter through army barracks. I will let the photos the most of the talking however the queue is quite long and the theming is unbelievable. The main room of the queue line has a biplane crashed in a tree and a person stuck in a tree in a parachute both of which have projected faces. There is also an amazing effect in this room where the wall is painted with a scene and projected by planes fly overhead. The final room has a safety video again seemed to army barracks. You are then moved into a room with number doors and spots numbered 1 to 4 on the floor. At this point you still have not seen the rollercoaster itself. Once you have chosen your spots the doors open and you board the coaster straightaway.

The ride experience is amazing. I was in the left outside seat towards the back and the amount of airtime on hang time was unbelievable. The doors open and you are catapulted on for the lift and you got the lift very fast and over into the first drop it's extremely smooth with you don't feel the transition between the left and the drop. The drop twists around the right and the airtime is amazing. You then go straight into the noninverting loop as you reach the top of the loop it feels quite sedate however coming down the other side the in-line twist really makes you fly.
The rest of the ride is full of airtime even including the small bunny hop into the break run.

It's difficult for me to do this ride justice as I've never ridden anything like this before however I can say that it does not let up for one second and the speed with which you got the lift hill and get thrown around is genuinely frightening. I would say this is easily the most intense coaster I have ever been on. The ride experience is just out of this world. The overall theming of the queue line and even the exit corridor is stunning it's certainly marks and amazing step forward for Ferrari world Abu Dhabi. Compared to formula Rossa which is purely about the speed and the ride itself flying aces knocks spots of it.

The level of the theming on the ride matches the area around it where Italian theme and has been added to the parks corridors and walkways. I can't really say this is the best role of person I have ever ridden however it certainly up there in the top two or three ever as a ride experience.if you take into account the amazing theming of The queue as well then it's easily my number one ride.

The photos are in chronological order. starting with updates on some of the other rides then onto the flying aces launch event

Enjoy

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg
019.jpg
020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg
026.jpg
027.jpg
028.jpg
029.jpg
030.jpg
031.jpg
032.jpg
033.jpg
034.jpg
035.jpg
036.jpg
037.jpg
038.jpg
039.jpg
040.jpg
041.jpg
042.jpg
043.jpg
044.jpg
045.jpg
046.jpg
047.jpg
048.jpg
049.jpg
050.jpg
051.jpg
052.jpg
053.jpg
054.jpg
055.jpg
056.jpg
057.jpg
058.jpg
059.jpg
060.jpg
061.jpg
062.jpg
063.jpg
064.jpg
065.jpg
066.jpg
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:25 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!