TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

^ That's disappointing, Wildcat was really good as a "large" coaster in a park with almost exclusively kiddie flats. My daughter (6 at the time) raved about it, and I'd say it's the best Galaxi I've been on. They really put a lot of effort into landscaping around it, too. That was July 2014, so things must have happened in the last year....

Hopefully they're able to get another family coaster to replace it; the park would really suffer from not having a "large" coaster. The park is designed for little kids, yes, but families with small children often have one or two older ones also, so it is an important demographic for this park. They should not get anything inverting or launching at this point, since they only have a Dragon Wagon and a Wacky Worm. Larger and not inverting is the need.

I say "large" because since the park is focused on the under-36" crowd, even a small family coaster would stand out as large here. Something like Spacely's Sprocket Rockets or Steel Lasso would be great.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's disappointing, Wildcat was really good as a "large" coaster in a park with almost exclusively kiddie flats. My daughter (6 at the time) raved about it, and I'd say it's the best Galaxi I've been on. They really put a lot of effort into landscaping around it, too. That was July 2014, so things must have happened in the last year....

Hopefully they're able to get another family coaster to replace it; the park would really suffer from not having a "large" coaster. The park is designed for little kids, yes, but families with small children often have one or two older ones also, so it is an important demographic for this park. They should not get anything inverting or launching at this point, since they only have a Dragon Wagon and a Wacky Worm. Larger and not inverting is the need.

I say "large" because since the park is focused on the under-36" crowd, even a small family coaster would stand out as large here. Something like Spacely's Sprocket Rockets or Steel Lasso would be great.

I say to replace the Wildcat they either get a G.C.I "Big Fun" compact wooden roller coaster, or a Switchback-like Gravity Group coaster, or a Wooden Warrior or Roar-O-Saurus-like wooden roller coaster. Or a Windstorm type coaster.

Edited by Mertens S. Elias

Hello!

You all have fantastic ideas, but to help set some things straight, everything is fine. In fact we are continuing to grow and expand. We already have one new ride for next year and are in the planning stages for several major additions.

We only have two more weeks of 7 Day operation and then we go to weekends through halloween. We hope you can all stop by and check the park out. Remember we still have 2 other credits!

Hello!

You all have fantastic ideas, but to help set some things straight, everything is fine. In fact we are continuing to grow and expand. We already have one new ride for next year and are in the planning stages for several major additions.

We only have two more weeks of 7 Day operation and then we go to weekends through halloween. We hope you can all stop by and check the park out. Remember we still have 2 other credits!

Oh thank God. I love what you guys have done with the place! And I like how you guys are preserving a lot of the old rides from Fun Spot. And Extreme Elevation looks wonderful, I like the colors better than the standard white tower with orange gondola and the landscaping around it is wonderful. I like the lights on the fences and I like how the fences aren't the standard aluminum fence, it's wooden ones but it will has the cool light posts around it.

Hello!

Great news! I hope the park continues to flourish and grow. It has so much potential.

Hello!

Great news! I hope the park continues to flourish and grow. It has so much potential.

Me too. I think that someday in a near future this will be a full scale amusement park with the rides, the zoo, and I'm sure they start a water park again.

Hello!

Thanks for letting us know! We had such a good time at your park last year. Glad to hear good things are happening; Chicago needs a park focused on younger children after the loss of Kiddieland, and you guys are really filling a need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Well, 2016 is finally here. Time to talk about some new rides eh? Official announcements will be coming very soon but here is a very spoilerish preview of whats coming in 2016!

https://vimeo.com/151066673

Those cars look familiar. Great to see that ride back where it belongs.

Also, for those that don't know, Wildcat, the parks galaxy coaster, is now gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Great question! Kind of a confusing answer...

So in 1962 Santas Village had multiple parks, arrow built two identical snowball rides, one for California and one for Illinois. The Illinois snowball ride operated from 1962 until 2005 when it was sold at auction and used as part of a bid to recreate a santas village type park elsewhere in Illinois (this is where it remains today) The California Snowball ride left santas village when that park closed and operated at Santa Cruz Boardwalk Beach as Spinout, a pool table themed tea cup ride. That was eventually replaced by their round up cyclone, and is now in Illinois, back to its original theme as the snowball ride!

• 4 weeks later...