TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

I've totally thought "hey what if there was a looping spinning coaster, that would be absolutely insane" but the realist in me said, that would probably just never work. Now here we have a prototype and it looks freaking incredible. I also like how this train give the option to ride Blue Fire "traditionally" which already looks awesome, but also a way to ride on insane mode. Really curious to see where Mack takes this!

thought the same... i knew about the spinning looping coaster in japan, but i thought a full looping coaster with spinning effect is crazy or impossible. But it seems an "eyeopener" . Here is what Mack wrote in the description of the video on their youtube-channel:

See our latest test on a crazy spinning ride. Our launch coaster blue fire was equipped with a spinning coaster car to test what is possible with this ride. And it was an eyeopener. Riding a free spinning car while doing inversions and loops is awesome. We hope to take this test further to a project real soon!

EuropaStreet have reported that Roland Mack has confirmed a new coaster for the park in 2017, with construction starting next year!

Not sure what it could be, they already have most coaster types in the park! I wonder if it could be a prototype Mack inverted coaster?

Scratch that, a mis-translation seems to have gotten hopes up

Do we have any information on the new kids coaster yet?

Kids coaster? They only said something of a coaster and that the construction will start in 2016, nothing more!

No, a kids coaster is listed on RCDB as opening next year, nothing to do with the coaster proposed for 2017.

I have no idea why there is a small child hanging from the ceiling. I don't remember seeing that happen when I visited Ireland.

Must be the work of mischievous leprechauns.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea on how crowds look in early June? I'm saving money to go there between the 6th and 9th (I was originally thinking Phantasialand but seeing I had saved so much money and I wanted to go to Europa more I changed my mind) so I'm wondering if two days would be enough to get everything in (it should, but I'm asking anyway). Also, are their hotels worth staying in? Thanks.

Check the school holiday dates for the Strasbourg area and Germany, you might need an extra day.

Yes, the hotels are worth it but if you can't afford it there are loads of great places to stay in Rust. You can use the hotel bars and restaurants even if you're not staying in them, so don't worry about that.

Check the school holiday dates for the Strasbourg area and Germany, you might need an extra day.

Yes, the hotels are worth it but if you can't afford it there are loads of great places to stay in Rust. You can use the hotel bars and restaurants even if you're not staying in them, so don't worry about that.

From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

I'm currently looking at either Coloseo, Castillo Alcazar or El Andaluz. All three seem to be in the same price range and I should be able to afford a three-night stay. But out of curiosity, what are the best options in Rust?

From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

I'm currently looking at either Coloseo, Castillo Alcazar or El Andaluz. All three seem to be in the same price range and I should be able to afford a three-night stay. But out of curiosity, what are the best options in Rust?

I'd say not more than 20 minutes long lines, but be careful with Wednesday because the french students have no school on Wednesdays!

I can't tell you much about the hotels, because I've never been in one, but you get early entry so Blue Fire and Wodan are 30 minutes open for the Hotel Guests before the Park opens!

But be carefull, because often if you book the hotel the admission for the park is not included!

I'd say not more than 20 minutes long lines, but be careful with Wednesday because the french students have no school on Wednesdays!

I can't tell you much about the hotels, because I've never been in one, but you get early entry so Blue Fire and Wodan are 30 minutes open for the Hotel Guests before the Park opens!

But be careful, because often if you book the hotel the admission for the park is not included!

I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty stingy considering how costly the hotels are.

I hear they extend the opening times if the park gets crowded enough. Is this a common occurrence or does the park need to be really packed in order for that to happen?

I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty cheap considering how costly the hotels are.

I hear they extend the opening times if the park gets crowded enough. Is this a common occurrence or does the park need to be really packed in order for that to happen?

It really needs some crowds to have it longer open (at least 30 min lines needed) and if they let it longer open, then only half an hour or an hour. Expected if it is really crowded, what wouldn't happen this time you are there on a weekday.

Summer Break in Germany varies by State, some States start in mid June while others at the end of July. Either way, if you go early June, school will be still in session.

Summer Break in Germany varies by State, some States start in mid June while others at the end of July. Either way, if you go early June, school will be still in session.

That's correct, but these are all states in the north/east part of Germany. And Europapark is located in the south west. Everything till calendar week 25 is fine in June.

I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty cheap considering how costly the hotels are.

It really needs some crowds to have it longer open (at least 30 min lines needed) and if they let it longer open, then only half an hour or an hour. Expected if it is really crowded, what wouldn't happen this time you are there on a weekday.

This is not correct. The park guarantees opening hours until 6pm (in july and August 7pm) and usually extends the opening every day. On slow days 30min, on more busy days up to 2-3 hours depending on the amount of visitors in the park.

Concerning this Weekend, it should be okay. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

5.5 million visitors in 2015.

http://presse.europapark.com/de/presse/nachricht/datum/2016/01/04/geburtstagsjahr-2015-im-europa-park-endet-mit-rekord-von-55-millionen-besuchern/

some numbers:

- 2015 was the park's 40th season and its best season ever

- more visitors in summer, Halloween and winter

- over 500,000 visitors in the winter season alone

- more visitors staying multiple days

- on average a 98% hotel occupancy

- 150 new jobs were created

ongoing projects:

- new for 2016: Ireland area with 10 attractions, 3 new rides and an indoor area

- an event/concert hall

- a new logistics center

- spring 2017: a big ride, "of this kind" unique in Europe

- summer 2018: a new hotel with 1000 beds

- winter 2018: first phase of the waterpark

visitor milestones:

1975: 250,000 visitors (opening year)

1978: 1 million

1991: 2 million

2000: 3 million

2007: 4 million

2014: 5 million